The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

What's the difference between a conurbation and an agglomeration? (World cities)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 921
Original post by A Wise Ninja
What's the difference between a conurbation and an agglomeration? (World cities)

Posted from TSR Mobile

God knows (and cares :smile: )

Enlighten me
Reply 922

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to say that an agglomeration is a city/town and its suburbs all together and that a conurbation is a collection of more than one town and their suburbs

soo, uh London and its suburbs would be an agglomeration, but Medway is a conurbation because its made up of lots of towns e.g. Rochester and Chatham? i think

an agglomeration is an area and a conurbation is a collection of areas. Back to the medway example, chatham and its suburbs walderslade and lordswood is an agglomeration, but the collection of chatham, lordswood, walderslade and all the other towns and suburbs in medway is a conurbation
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 923
Anyone here doing maths a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep! hows the revision going? I done S1 the other week and was quite nice
anyone else just totally unprepared and mortified for this exam :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speaking!
Reply 926
So much to learn, so little time! Having a serious meltdown :frown: ahhhh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 927
Original post by abismall
So much to learn, so little time! Having a serious meltdown :frown: ahhhh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

aren't we all. When is your first exam?

I don't even know the theory! I thought I did, but I look back on it now and i'm a flop :frown:
Reply 928

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths and further maths, dying
Reply 929
If I'm planning to take the exam like this:

Short questions as Ecosystems + globalisation and development
Essay: Conflict

What would definitely not be needed to revise for all areas or in other words, what is needed for the conflict essay and not needed for ecosystems + development etc
Original post by Amclean
If I'm planning to take the exam like this:

Short questions as Ecosystems + globalisation and development
Essay: Conflict

What would definitely not be needed to revise for all areas or in other words, what is needed for the conflict essay and not needed for ecosystems + development etc

Nothing, sections of all units could come up in structured or essay I'm afraid so you gotta cover it all! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JenniS
Maths and further maths, dying

Only got C3 and C4 left, I've been doing a past paper each day for C4 and C3 I have like 4 solid days to revise for :smile:

C4 is tough as sh!t though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 932
Original post by Axion
aren't we all. When is your first exam?

I don't even know the theory! I thought I did, but I look back on it now and i'm a flop :frown:

First exam is English lit next Thursday which I'm feeling pretty good for, but I'm absolutely dreading this geography :frown:! Me too! Thought I knew the basic theory, tried to do a couple of past papers and realised I actually know **** all! And I've not even started on case studies yet! So stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 933
Only got C3 and C4 left, I've been doing a past paper each day for C4 and C3 I have like 4 solid days to revise for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What board is your C4? C4 is easy imo :smile:, let me know which q's you find difficult. When is your c4 exam

Planning to do geog and econ at uni
Reply 934
How is everyone feeling about the theory? LIke structure of the earth etc?
Reply 935
Pretty much ready for this exam now, just need to make sure Im answering the question asked :P

don't see why you negged for this ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Axion
What board is your C4? C4 is easy imo :smile:, let me know which q's you find difficult. When is your c4 exam

Planning to do geog and econ at uni

OCR MEI Maths, the worse maths board in the world, if I dare say!

It's just all sorts of things, i'm okay with the actual theory but the way they hide the method you have to use so cryptically into the question is horrid!

Luckily I only need to average D's in C3 and C4... :colone:
Reply 937

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing C3 too, nahh C4 is alright after loads and loads of questions all the vectors ones become the same. Geography is taking up too much of my time!!
Original post by Axion
How is everyone feeling about the theory? LIke structure of the earth etc?

pretty good man! what about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ALOHA everybody. I'm doing Plate Tectionics, World Cities, Globalisation & Development. How is everyone feeling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending