The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by Daniel George
pretty good man! what about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very badly! didnt realise there were so many numbers and bitgs of obscure info associated with it all! stupid discontinuity's etc

really hoping for a responses to global warming as a 40 marker.
Vectors are the spawn of satan.
Original post by Axion
Very badly! didnt realise there were so many numbers and bitgs of obscure info associated with it all! stupid discontinuity's etc

really hoping for a responses to global warming as a 40 marker.

cramcramcram my friend...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JLXP
ALOHA everybody. I'm doing Plate Tectionics, World Cities, Globalisation & Development. How is everyone feeling?

okay buddy! what about yourself? nervous as I need an A in this exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 944
cramcramcram my friend...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would happily take a crap set of short answer questions if the essay is global warming responses :/
Reply 945

Posted from TSR Mobile

just realised there was a question on responses in jan 12 :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really not sure, i've been totally swamped with law so ive neglected Geography a little bit. Fortunately i'm pretty confident with the case studies which really helps. I need 89 UMS points in this exam, what about you?
Reply 947
important: Does management in case studies refer to prediction/preparation or responses or both?
(edited 10 years ago)
just worked out ums and I was right on the boundary for an A and B last year so i'm gonna need quite a few ums to secure a b. oh lordy :/
Reply 949
Original post by Axion
important: Does management in case studies refer to prediction/preparation or responses or both?

prediction and preparation, in particular reference to plate tectonics.

One year a question has been on what were the responses
another year there was a question on management - prediction and preparation comes under management.
Reply 950
Original post by Amclean
If I'm planning to take the exam like this:

Short questions as Ecosystems + globalisation and development
Essay: Conflict

What would definitely not be needed to revise for all areas or in other words, what is needed for the conflict essay and not needed for ecosystems + development etc

There is a general trend with certain topics for example plate tectonics:

To what extent is the impact of volcanic events due to humans
the impact of seismic events is often not due to its nature but due to human factors
how does the theory of plate tectonics help us understand seismic and volcanic events

i dont know what questions come up with conflict but you can easily spot a trend.
Original post by JLXP
I'm really not sure, i've been totally swamped with law so ive neglected Geography a little bit. Fortunately i'm pretty confident with the case studies which really helps. I need 89 UMS points in this exam, what about you?

Yeah, I have been swamped with history to be honest! I am sure you will be fine - I know my case studies, but it seems that I don't? it's really strange! I need to revise over them lots though...

I need around 94 UMS I think :P It's going to be tough but as long as I revise lots and write well in the exam it shouldn't be a problem!
Original post by flower124
just worked out ums and I was right on the boundary for an A and B last year so i'm gonna need quite a few ums to secure a b. oh lordy :/

what did you get? I got 82% last year and 79% in unit 4 - so I need 79% or more in this exam!
Reply 953
i got 172 UMS in total last year for my AS grade, how many marks do i need in this exam to get an A?
Original post by Axion

100% both. Really important that you do both in a management question/
Original post by Gary
i got 172 UMS in total last year for my AS grade, how many marks do i need in this exam to get an A?

I think you only need 148/200 to get an A?
Original post by St. Brynjar
100% both. Really important that you do both in a management question/

management question is all - its how you manage the potential hazard and manage the aftermath of the disaster...

prediction, protection, response and recovery (success and limitations)....
Reply 957
you know what would be great, a nice 8 marker on air masses, nice and simple
Yeah, I have been swamped with history to be honest! I am sure you will be fine - I know my case studies, but it seems that I don't? it's really strange! I need to revise over them lots though...

I need around 94 UMS I think :P It's going to be tough but as long as I revise lots and write well in the exam it shouldn't be a problem!

I'm really happy that i have a computer in this exam, it allows me to chat on with myself and get the breadth and depth required for a higher markband
what did you get? I got 82% last year and 79% in unit 4 - so I need 79% or more in this exam!
I got a total of 146. Not sure what percent that equals :/ getting worried

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending