The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Emotional roller-coaster up ahead! Can I just stop the car now and leave? No I cannot... Must do this.. Really need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
looks like im going to end up failing placement anyway so i might aswell not bother.
the meetings are being changed all the time. iv been told 2 different hand in dates for my work.

i cant do it, i really cant. whats the point.
Original post by asdfgah
Quite upset. Seen quite a resentful message about me and the effort I'm taking someone. Just makes me want to isolate myself more cos such a hassle for people. I thought it was ok because it's her job but obviously not, and I don't want to put my other friends under pressure either. Don't want to be here at all and it seems like people are doing the bare minimum to make sure I can't do [bad thing] but resenting me for it and I don't know what the point is. So tired.

:jumphug: If people think you're a hassle, it's their problem, not yours! You're unwell and you need help and support (and to be kept safe), and you are perfectly entitled to receive that support particularly if it's someone's job (is this who I think it is?). I get what you mean about not wanting to be a burden and not wanting to put friends under any pressure completely though - God knows I feel like that so so much myself. I'm sure no-one's resenting you for not doing [bad thing]. :console: Feel free to PM/text or whatever.
Original post by Anonymous
So I have health anxiety and tonight i had an episode.
I went to A and E.

please don't judge me, i needed to do it.

I went because i've been having difficulty walking and I have been having pain in my legs and calves.
anyways I had some blood tests which came back in the normal.

but before the doctor said i could go she said she wanted to check my half sizes and one is 11 cm (4 inches) bigger than the other, she then re checked my blood tests and said im fine and so im back home again.

but now im a bit worried she over looked the calf size difference????
what if i have a blood clot and now i'm going to die?

she should have done an ultrasound???

Nobody here's going to judge you for it don't worry. We all have our problems so we can sympathise with yours. If you felt you had to do it, you had to do it :smile:

Having pain in your legs etc although scary can be nothing to worry about and the people you saw will have been sure that you were fine if they let you go home. They know what they're doing and won't have missed anything so no need to worry. It's obviously upseting you quite a lot though so you could set yourself a time limit if you want. Ignore it for something like a day or two. If you're still noticing it and worried about it you can make an apointment with your doctor or phone the NHS helpline to double check and calm your worries.

Don't worry yourself about what it could be. They are profesionals and aren't worried so you can rule out anything nasty and dangerous. Chances are you've just hurt your muscle a bit or something and there's some swelling that will go down soon enough. Calf sizes can be different anyway- my friend's left is bigger than the right and they have nothing wrong with them at all. As long as nothing changes or gets worse you can be sure that you are fine. :smile:

Hope it feels better soon x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah
Quite upset. Seen quite a resentful message about me and the effort I'm taking someone. Just makes me want to isolate myself more cos such a hassle for people. I thought it was ok because it's her job but obviously not, and I don't want to put my other friends under pressure either. Don't want to be here at all and it seems like people are doing the bare minimum to make sure I can't do [bad thing] but resenting me for it and I don't know what the point is. So tired.

Oh hun, who was this. Was it K? Or someone else? Going out now but feel free to text. Talk when I get back. You're amazing and deserve nothing but the best of help. Don't isolate :lovehug:

Original post by Deyesy
Indeed. So I feel like **** about it and feel withdrawn. I thought there was nothing wrong with the counting down but apparently there is and I guess I did become abit too focused on seeing her today, so she's probably right. Wish she'd said something constructive though instead of just pointing it out because my head is completely beating me up about it :/ I still evidently don't know how to have normal friendships/I don't even know what to call it. I probably don't put enough effort into keeping in touch with people or keeping friendships up but the thought of being clingy and over-attaching is much worse in my head than loneliness itself.

I'd rather be lonely and not run any risk of over-attaching to anyone than risk over-attaching and not be lonely. It's that big of a deal to me :/

Hey, there's nothing THAT wrong at the end of the day with over-attaching. You just need to be aware of it when you're doing it and find a supportive environment in which you can discuss any fears.

Your therapist sounds like a bit of a **** imho :sadnod:

About to go out but let's PM each other about this later :hugs:

So I have health anxiety and tonight i had an episode.
I went to A and E.

please don't judge me, i needed to do it.

I went because i've been having difficulty walking and I have been having pain in my legs and calves.
anyways I had some blood tests which came back in the normal.

but before the doctor said i could go she said she wanted to check my half sizes and one is 11 cm (4 inches) bigger than the other, she then re checked my blood tests and said im fine and so im back home again.

but now im a bit worried she over looked the calf size difference????
what if i have a blood clot and now i'm going to die?

she should have done an ultrasound???

No one's gonna judge you at all! :hugs:

I assume that if you had needed an ultrasound, they would have done one :yes:

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
A few of mine are pretty heavily tattooed, so I have some experience at least through them! Where do you want to get it?

On my right shoulder, on the back :yes: Though today I'm thinking I should give the money to charity instead :colondollar:

Original post by 08batee
I feel so unbelievably broken

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sorry I didn't text at all yesterday :frown: Hope you're OK today lovely :hugs:

Original post by octoberbaby
It's just so hard :frown: It's been two years since we broke up and I still feel as if I need him in my life. Just don't know what to do :frown:

Also been out with my sister and her boyfriend for a little bit and it was great until he started to talk about one of his colleagues sister going into hospital for MH and SH issues and he was basically saying it was a phase and she was being a stupid teenager (him not knowing about me) and my sister and I were like... because I've been into hospital before and urgh it was just awful.
Today has just been getting worse and worse :'(

I know what you mean: it's 3 years since my abusive relationship ended but because I still sometimes bump into the person once in a way, it's still very much at the forefront of my mind :sadnod:

What a horrible thing for your sister's boyfriend to say :mad:

Original post by avhhs

How are you today then? :smile: :hugs:

Am OK. Going out to see a Pakistani friend now for SHOPPING :colone:

Original post by bullettheory
I just got my first tattoo on Saturday. Was fun, and I love it. Been wanting it done for ages!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pics or GTFO :teehee:
Reply 1665
Original post by asdfgah

I know we've (I've) just had a lovely rant about this on skype, but I think you're more likely to reread a TSR quote than trawl back through skype, so I'm going to repeat on here:

1. Sender of that text is a ****ty human being thoroughly lacking in empathy.
2. If she was actually doing what her job is, she would be supporting you, so this is her problem and not your fault.
3. I'm not ever going to resent you for feeling [bad thing] and anybody who does is ignorant about MH problems and needs either educating or ignoring, depending on the circumstance.
4. I dislike her.
5. I dislike her.
6. I dislike her.
7. I'm very very angry with her.
8. I dislike her.

:jumphug: :huggles: :console: :hugs: :uberhuggles: etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
No energy today :boring: Ive hardly done any revision today and my exam is in a week. Been overthinking way too much. Dunno if i should just go back to doing my business course or continue in my plan to change and do psychology. But idk. I can only do psychology if i pass my a level in it. If i get an E i can go to a ok uni in a boring city, or get a C and go to a great one. I dunno if i could get a C though :cry2: Idk if i should go back to do business its easier.

I honestly cant be bothered with anything right now. I just wanna sleep forever. I havent been this depressed in several weeks :frown:

Spoiler

Triggering for anyone with body image issues

Spoiler

Triggering for anyone with body image issues

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by PonchoKid

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

im not cut out for this whole passing uni malarky.

had emails flying everywhere today because my fanal meets had to be changed so many times, and i cant cope anymore. apparently its now friday.
my rooms a mess
so much to do

feel really crap after last night, and i have a horrible feeling tonights gonna go down the same way :sad:
im just sick of this now
im not cut out for this whole passing uni malarky.

had emails flying everywhere today because my fanal meets had to be changed so many times, and i cant cope anymore. apparently its now friday.
my rooms a mess
so much to do

feel really crap after last night, and i have a horrible feeling tonights gonna go down the same way :sad:
im just sick of this now

:hugs: they shouldn't be messing you round like this - changing times of meetings and stuff! Hopefully it is finalised to be Friday! Take a deep breath and take a few minutes to compose yourself. Don't tackle everything at once - do it bit by bit.
:hugs: hopefully tonight will not go that same way as last night.. You can do this! Stay safe! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
why does anonymous posters not get support?
Original post by -FireFlies-
:hugs: they shouldn't be messing you round like this - changing times of meetings and stuff! Hopefully it is finalised to be Friday! Take a deep breath and take a few minutes to compose yourself. Don't tackle everything at once - do it bit by bit.
:hugs: hopefully tonight will not go that same way as last night.. You can do this! Stay safe! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

they are, even got told it could be a skype meeting if it couldnt get sorted :s-smilie: but theyv said itll be on friday, so ill cry if its not!
my printers broke so iv packed it a way and refusing to print anything else off. all my uni folders are packed away out of sight. my boyfriends gonna come round on friday and itll look like a bombs hit my room!

i hope it doesnt but i dunno :frown:
Reply 1676
why does anonymous posters not get support?

You've had 3 responses from members of this thread:

1. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348873&page=83&p=42854375#post42854375

2. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348873&page=84&p=42855875#post42855875

3. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348873&page=84&p=42856042#post42856042

It might just be because you posted anonymously in the thread that you don't get a notification if somebody quotes you, so you just have to keep an eye on the thread instead. :smile:
Tough day doesn't even cut it. I have no emotion left inside of me now... Think I cried it all out today. Just feel numb now.. Drifting in and out of consciousness... Can hear people speak but can't register what they're saying.. Just don't even feel like I'm here anymore. Maybe I'm not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

No one's gonna judge you at all! :hugs:

I assume that if you had needed an ultrasound, they would have done one :yes:

On my right shoulder, on the back :yes: Though today I'm thinking I should give the money to charity instead :colondollar:

So sorry I didn't text at all yesterday :frown: Hope you're OK today lovely :hugs:

I know what you mean: it's 3 years since my abusive relationship ended but because I still sometimes bump into the person once in a way, it's still very much at the forefront of my mind :sadnod:

What a horrible thing for your sister's boyfriend to say :mad:

Am OK. Going out to see a Pakistani friend now for SHOPPING :colone:

Pics or GTFO :teehee:

It' just i've been looking up symptoms on the internet and there aren't any other alternatives that i see it being. I've looked at the possibility of a baker's cyst, but this doesn't seem too likely. I wouldn't describe the leg as in pain is achy and crampy

My leg isn't red, but it is swollen in size and i can't straighten it properly like i can my other one And through google i've read that these blood tests can be wrong medicine is never 100% i guess, and i read stories where the blood was normal but they had an ultrasound on their leg as well and there was a clot.

:cry:

naybe there is nothing wrong with me
Original post by Nut.
You've had 3 responses from members of this thread:

1. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348873&page=83&p=42854375#post42854375

2. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348873&page=84&p=42855875#post42855875

3. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348873&page=84&p=42856042#post42856042

It might just be because you posted anonymously in the thread that you don't get a notification if somebody quotes you, so you just have to keep an eye on the thread instead. :smile:

thanks for pointing this out to me. I've just felt really ignored :frown:

Latest