The Student Room Group

Higher Geography

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hendycfc
Considering leaving out industry as I never did it in class and don't even know any of it. Also lithosphere i have no idea about.

I'm crashing geo.

Watch the videos on YouTube for lithosphere! They are amazing I learnt the course on them. There is a GCSE one with a guy in a yellow jacket that taught me all about coasts and slumping
Reply 361
Anyone feel sooo unprepared and cant remember any answers?
Original post by Nessie162
Could someone write me out the definitions of the erosion processes please? (Attrition, Abrasion etc.)
I only know the definition of plucking :frown: do we get any marks for definitions btw?

My teacher said you do get marks for them, I'm hoping you do anything for more marks.

These are the erosion process notes I have:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
We're still allowed to use South Korea as a developing country aren't we? even though its technically not anymore. Its a case study of mine.

done lithosphere,atmosphere & biosphere revision-i'll do hydrosphere & rural land resources then just skim over H&D, industry, population & rural because i know them anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JM1996
Anyone feel sooo unprepared and cant remember any answers?

Yes, I still have half of three topics and all of two to go. But I know most of the answers, I'm just writing out notes for the ones I haven't done and then I need to read over everything.
Ugh lithosphere to learn am starting to forget things damn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alfalimaindia
My teacher said you do get marks for them, I'm hoping you do anything for more marks.

These are the erosion process notes I have:

Spoiler

Reply 367
HELP HELP PLEASE - LAST MINUTE PANIC

When you talk about the global heat budget in atmosphere what do you include? Do you include all the numbers as well as there is sooooo many percentages!!!

PLEASE HELP PLEASE PLEASE
Reply 368
Original post by k8k8

When you talk about the global heat budget in atmosphere what do you include? Do you include all the numbers as well as there is sooooo many percentages!!!

Yes, if you want extra marks
Reply 369
Original post by JM1996
Yes, if you want extra marks

But what do you include in the answer??/
Reply 370
Original post by k8k8
But what do you include in the answer??/

44% is absorbed by insolation etc
6% is absorbed by dust particles etc

Calm down, you are getting stressed out, I only know about 4 topics :smile: You will be fine
Original post by k8k8

calm doon m8

yes. Just remember 21% reflected by clouds 5% reflected by dust & gas and 3% absorbed by water, gas& dust, 32% lost by reflection is the albedo. The percentages vary from book to book anyway so even if you forget them just guess around those numbers & you'll be fine.
The exact percentages don't matter cause everyone teaches it different. Just have rough ones
Reply 373
Original post by deedee123
calm doon m8

yes. Just remember 21% reflected by clouds 5% reflected by dust & gas and 3% absorbed by water, gas& dust, 32% lost by reflection is the albedo. The percentages vary from book to book anyway so even if you forget them just guess around those numbers & you'll be fine.

Well we have different figures haha! Oh well! :smile:
Original post by JM1996
Well we have different figures haha! Oh well! :smile:

as i said, it doesn't matter. It's just rough percentages because the sources vary :smile:
Reply 375
Anybody think it will be costal features in paper 2 for Rural land resources?

Any what exactly is the glacial features of erosion? Is that Corrie and stuff kinda confused?
Reply 376
Original post by deedee123
calm doon m8

thank you for your help im just a tad stressed hahah hopefully will all come back to me!
Reply 377
Original post by JM1996
44% is absorbed by insolation etc
6% is absorbed by dust particles etc

Calm down, you are getting stressed out, I only know about 4 topics :smile: You will be fine

thank you :smile:
Reply 378
Original post by JM1996

Any what exactly is the glacial features of erosion? Is that Corrie and stuff kinda confused?

glacial features of erosion are:
corries
aretes
pyramdial peaks
u shaped valleys
truncated spurs
hanging valleys
fiords
Original post by JM1996

Probably, i hope not though. I'd rather glacial features (limestone would be my first choice but it was last years question :frown:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending