The Student Room Group

A2 Economics - F585 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Please can anyone tell me the difference between monetary convergence and fiscal convergence i can't find it anywhere!
Original post by KaranbirBandesha
Please can anyone tell me the difference between monetary convergence and fiscal convergence i can't find it anywhere!

This was answered in an earlier post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
This was answered in an earlier post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! You actually know everything! how do you revise?
Reply 243
Original post by Legend12
Guys, one quick revision tip.

I'm going through each extract (including introduction) and highlighting key points with questions that could be given on them. I've literally wrote "why" or "how does this..." on some of the paragraphs so I can be prepared for any questions.

I'm making a case study guide, though my teacher will produce one anyway, that has key definitions from each extract, key points and expanded analysis. For example, the introduction talks about a single currency, so I've made a page saying what it is, the benefits for and against etc...

If anyone would like a final copy of that, let me know. Hopefully I can complete it latest by 3 weeks. :smile:

hi, could i please have that case study guide you have done i REALLY need help. thank you so much
Thankyou! You actually know everything! how do you revise?

Just go through the Tutor2U Toolkit or whatever, revise in detail all the key concepts that come up, and practice all the major diagrams and questions or at least planning the questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 245
Does anyone have notes on extracts 4 and 5?

I am really struggling on it! pleaseee!
Aren't the distinguish question 2 markers?
Confuses me that the APT talks about countries having fixed exchange rates in ERM II - I was under the impression it was semi-fixed/semi-floating
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Confuses me that the APT talks about countries having fixed exchange rates in ERM II - I was under the impression it was semi-fixed/semi-floating

I thought this too but I looked it up on a website and it says it is fixed but has margins of +/- 15%
Original post by student_o201
I thought this too but I looked it up on a website and it says it is fixed but has margins of +/- 15%

Weird. That is exactly the description of semi-fixed/semi-floating - floats within permitted bands.

Oh well :tongue:
Is the APT toolkit any good or better than the tutor2u toolkit?
Reply 251
Original post by physicshelp123
I recon there a good chance this does actualy coe up, but basically te fee economies use to be command economies, so had very little GDP per was and so low savings, this meant there was very little domestic investment (as investment=savings)
in order to grow the economis needed investment and so looked elsewhere in the form of debt and fdi
ao3) analyse how this increased their growth
ao4) the negatives this had e.g fdi goes in recession so isn't sustainable
loans must be repaid which harms future growth
Conclusion) without fdi and loans the CEE economies would not have been able to grow at all, but now they should start trying to use domestic investment more :smile:

ahh thanks it makes a lot more sense now
Reply 252
Is the APT toolkit any good or better than the tutor2u toolkit?

i prefer the tutor 2 u one
Reply 253
Original post by mattmattmattmatt

I didnt mean consumer spending decreasing specifically for inelastic products. If inelastic products increase in price, we can assume thatdemand will not decrease proportionately and so these will take a bigger proportion of people's wages and disposable income may decrease hence less consumer spending in general. Contrary to this, with less disposable income, inferior goods are likely to see an increase id demand and consumer spending may increase in this sub-market.

Apologies for any spelling errors. You have no idea how hard it is to type.on.this phone, it has a mind of it's own.

i understand what you mean now lol
Original post by Matthewgj
Great list btw :wink:

Have you made some model answers by any chance??

Im not trying to "steal" your hard work, but I have been working through them and I want to see if I was any close to what you got.

FYI, if anyone on this thread wants an .mp3 of a lesson I went to covering basically everything the exam board can ask on the last question, just holla! :smile:

Could I have a copy of the MP3 please? :smile:
Thanks in advance
Papping myself for Tuesday:frown: Only thing I'm weak on (I know absolutely nothing) are the diagrams. I don't know any of them at all! They can be valuable to gain marks, any chance anybody could draw them out and explain their usage and post them on here? Would possibly get me into Uni! Thanks...
Original post by joebmewalmsley
Papping myself for Tuesday:frown: Only thing I'm weak on (I know absolutely nothing) are the diagrams. I don't know any of them at all! They can be valuable to gain marks, any chance anybody could draw them out and explain their usage and post them on here? Would possibly get me into Uni! Thanks...

There's only one of the really isn't there? The trade creation/diversion one. Have you got the textbook? It took me ages to understand but just try and go through what it says step by step as you draw it out.
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
There's only one of the really isn't there? The trade creation/diversion one. Have you got the textbook? It took me ages to understand but just try and go through what it says step by step as you draw it out.

What's that diagram? Never even head of it? What page?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 258
Original post by will2348
What's that diagram? Never even head of it? What page?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We haven't been told to use diagrams at all, didn't think there was really any relevant ones?
Original post by ebduff
We haven't been told to use diagrams at all, didn't think there was really any relevant ones?

You can definitely use tradeable permits, ad/as, negative externalities with a tax applied and subsidy diagram in there somewhere :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending