The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CF25
Are all of the rooms large enough to store a bike in?

It would be a bit cramped, but it's also not allowed (though I think there's an exception for racing bikes, stored in a bike bag, where you're a member of and have a letter from the cycling society to permit it).
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by la_mariposa
Hey,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but search function doesn't really come up with an answer... does anyone know (vaguely) the difference between 'Extra small', 'small' and 'single' at Harry French? I'm a postgrad, but I assume it's similar for everyone. Having lived out (at a different Uni) for the past two years I am a bit put off by both the price as well as the space of halls, but I guess it's still the better than living off-campus when I don't know anyone in town yet.

The website also says Telford is moving to a different location and now I am not sure if it will still be where it is on the map. Does that mean the rooms might be refurbished?

Thanks for helping me out :smile:

Extra small and small are pretty much exactly what they say on the tin! You'll be fine if you don't have much stuff. I think the living areas/kitchens in the postgrad part of the hall are pretty big, so you could probably leave stuff in there. Telford's moving to what's now called Village Court (Falk-Egg on tour), which was refurbished only last year. The rooms there are a pretty decent size!
QUESTION: Is Falk-Egg any good now? Cause that's what I've ended up with!:L
Original post by Kat12395
QUESTION: Is Falk-Egg any good now? Cause that's what I've ended up with!:L

It'll be like a brand new hall next year. Only downside is no sink in your room.
Hi, has anyone with an unconditional offer received their registration number and been able to pay for their room contract bond/ deposit?
Reply 1605
Are we allowed to have mini fridges in our rooms?
Original post by armani_h
Are we allowed to have mini fridges in our rooms?

As with other such similar items, "it's against the rules" so basically, be careful before room inspections and it's at your own risk.
So I had to use the preference system because the reservation option seems like too much hassle. I submitted my application on wednesday, does anyone know how long till I find out what halls I have been given ?
Original post by ibkareem1
So I had to use the preference system because the reservation option seems like too much hassle. I submitted my application on wednesday, does anyone know how long till I find out what halls I have been given ?

After results day :yes:
Reply 1609
Original post by B12345678
Hi, has anyone with an unconditional offer received their registration number and been able to pay for their room contract bond/ deposit?

nope, still waiting!
hello! what mobile phone provider is best across campus?..... thanks!
Original post by ddonovan
hello! what mobile phone provider is best across campus?..... thanks!

I've had phones on Tesco (O2) and Vodafone, both have been fine. You shouldn't really have a problem with any of them here :nah:
I don't know why, but my phone thinks I'm roaming when on campus and can't access the data network. It might be my phone, might not be, but this is on 3.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
I've had phones on Tesco (O2) and Vodafone, both have been fine. You shouldn't really have a problem with any of them here :nah:

So, Virign should be fine? thanks :smile:
Reply 1614
Original post by ddonovan
So, Virign should be fine? thanks :smile:

Hi everyone,
on October i will come from Italy with erasmus (only six months). I study Math, and the next one will be my fifth and last year of university. I have to decide for the accomodation between Telford and William Morris. Which one do you recommend? Thank you
Reply 1615
Is there studios in any of the halls? And what is the price range?? Tnx :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ric777
Hi everyone,
on October i will come from Italy with erasmus (only six months). I study Math, and the next one will be my fifth and last year of university. I have to decide for the accomodation between Telford and William Morris. Which one do you recommend? Thank you

Depends on budget and preferences for location :smile:

Original post by Pyone
Is there studios in any of the halls? And what is the price range?? Tnx :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of the details on accommodation can be found on the Loughborough website.
How is Bill Mo for sports students?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anushamehta
How is Bill Mo for sports students?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you mean for sports students?
I mean do the serious athletes stay there or elsewhere ?As they have very specific routines do they have special accommodation and food and such?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending