The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

and i've thought of taking an aspirin but even taking pills terrifies me because aspirin is meant to thin the blood and though is may help me if i do have a clot, i then think if i don't have one then maybe it'll thin my blood so that my veins burst or something
Reply 1681
Hi all,

Not felt up to posting on here for a bit, thought I'd better have a break. Been to my GP today and been prescribed a higher dose of citalopram (the first time I took it, I was only on 10mg so been put on 20mg) he said this will help with the depression, anxiety and panic attacks. He's also referred me for counselling which I should hear back soon hopefully. He seemed a lot better than other GPs I've seen, he actually sat and listened to me and asked me lots of questions about my situation. My partner came with me which helped but I was really shaky whilst in the waiting room and stuff. He also treated me to some snacks afterwards to cheer me up. He's the best. Don't know what I'd do without him. <3
Reply 1682
Getting my dreadlocks in less than 2 days. Only one more day of stupid unmanageable tangly hair to go and then I can throw away the hair products and never have to go to a scary anxiety-inducing hairdresser ever again!

Plus we had a landlord inspection today and the estate agents are really appalled that the landlord isn't doing anything about the damp so they are going to make us a priority now that there is a baby on the way.

However...

For the last 2 days I have felt completely alone and isolated and I really really want more help with my pregnancy. I don't know how to go about getting the help though. Only 8 weeks to go. It's no time at all. I'm terrified and scared and I don't think there really is anyone that can help me. I don't know what services there are for medium-risk pregnancies, and I don't know how to find out. I'm not seeing my midwife for another week so I'm stuck in this rut. At least I have lots to do to keep me busy but I can't seem to get motivated to do it. Plus it's half term, so another week of no mental health support from the advisor.

Very lost.
Reply 1683
Original post by catoswyn
Hey, don't forget therapy can also work by bringing up the very things we are most scared of. So for instance a person who is frightened of people getting angry may begin to perceive what that the therapist is angry with them. It is different from 'real life' though because therapy is a deliberate choice and therefore a safe space to experience and try to work through the feelings that arise. Maybe you ARE experiencing over attachment but that is okay. This is therapy and if that is what you are experiencing then it is appropriate because that is what has come up for you. The question then would be how to deal with all your negative feelings about being over attached. At the moment you have one mode... retreat/isolation. However if you can keep going to therapy despite your feelings then you will have rejected the retreat/isolation path automatically. A good start.

Try telling yourself that you are entitled to be over attached if you want to be because therapy is very important to you right now. Tell yourself that you are currently choosing to rely on therapy and that is okay. It is your choice and as the therapist is there to provide a service and help you then what they think about that is by the way. Talk about how bad it makes you feel to be told that you are being 'dependent' but also realise that its okay sometimes to be just that for a while.

Only posting this because I shared the same horrors as you....

:smile:

Well I've only got two more sessions left anyway, I guess it'd be silly to not go given I waited about 9 months to actually get it in the first place.

Over-attachment is one thing I wish I could change about myself. It's the one big evil I have and I hate it. It's been a problem for most of my high school years and it carried on through sixth-form and it's still here today. I just hate it :sigh: Means people have to wary around me because obviously they're not going to want to some **** over-attaching to them. I just don't know how else to stop it apart from retreating/isolating myself. My head knows that if I do that there's absolutely no way I can over-attach to anyone and to me that's the lesser of the two evils :/

Really sorry to hear you share the same sort of feelings as me though :/ I know I beat myself up over it, so I hate the thought of someone else having similar thoughts to me when I know it's a horrible circle of thoughts :/

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hey, there's nothing THAT wrong at the end of the day with over-attaching. You just need to be aware of it when you're doing it and find a supportive environment in which you can discuss any fears.

Your therapist sounds like a bit of a **** imho :sadnod:

About to go out but let's PM each other about this later :hugs:

I didn't even realise I was over-attaching to her before she mentioned it :/ I hadn't seen my GP since mid April either, so I'd seen no-one for about 6 weeks. I feel bad for counting down the days like I did :/ I'm aware of over-attaching happening with people and so stop myself from doing things I 'should' be doing to maintain friendships. Vicious circle that I don't seem to be able to stop because I have absolutely no idea how to stop it happening :/

To be completely, she was rather pushy about the bullying but I guess I needed someone to be pushy about it. Ahwell. I don't see her for another 3 weeks. Don't know how I'll be when I see her. I'll have to somehow bring up this over-attachment issue and how she's just been critical and not in critical in a supportive way.

Original post by Delain
Hi all,

Not felt up to posting on here for a bit, thought I'd better have a break. Been to my GP today and been prescribed a higher dose of citalopram (the first time I took it, I was only on 10mg so been put on 20mg) he said this will help with the depression, anxiety and panic attacks. He's also referred me for counselling which I should hear back soon hopefully. He seemed a lot better than other GPs I've seen, he actually sat and listened to me and asked me lots of questions about my situation. My partner came with me which helped but I was really shaky whilst in the waiting room and stuff. He also treated me to some snacks afterwards to cheer me up. He's the best. Don't know what I'd do without him. <3

20mg of Citalopram was brilliant for my anxiety. It's nowhere near as bad as it was - I couldn't actually leave my house to go to the shops down the road it was that bad but the Citalopram was awesome for helping with it, so hopefully it'll do the same for you :yes:
Reply 1684
Back from the doctors. I have to go for a blood test in a couple of weeks. Honestly cant stand needles :'( I had to talk about all my behaviours again, I find it so so hard :frown:
ED related

Spoiler

All of this is really great since I have 3 exams next week that are already stressing me out and I really should be revising but I keep getting so panicky. Omg I'm sorry for this rant :/ I'm not worth it :frown:
Reply 1685
Original post by Deyesy
20mg of Citalopram was brilliant for my anxiety. It's nowhere near as bad as it was - I couldn't actually leave my house to go to the shops down the road it was that bad but the Citalopram was awesome for helping with it, so hopefully it'll do the same for you :yes:

Glad to hear it helped you, I'm hoping it will help me also. My head has been killing me since I took it but that's one of the side effects so expected it.
Feel anxious but nothing like it is normally. Feel weird now though. Don't want to let it come back but don't want to take a diazepam if I don't need to
Reply 1687
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

So sorry I didn't text at all yesterday :frown: Hope you're OK today lovely :hugs:

You've nothing to be sorry for at all, hun :hugs: I'm doing a little better today than the last couple of days, thanks. Hope you are okay and you had a nice day :yes: :hugs:

Spoiler

Reply 1689
I haven't done any revision for an exam tomorrow, I'm extremely nervous, probably going to fail the module. I've been focussing on catch-up with my coursework instead and my timekeeping went to pot.
I should feel absolutely awful and want to think or even do bad things about myself, but...I'm just going to let myself off. Next year's a fresh start. And getting angry with myself isn't going to make things any better, it'll probably tire me out even more tbh.

Is this reasonable or am I being too lenient on myself?
Original post by Anonymous
It' just i've been looking up symptoms on the internet and there aren't any other alternatives that i see it being. I've looked at the possibility of a baker's cyst, but this doesn't seem too likely. I wouldn't describe the leg as in pain is achy and crampy

My leg isn't red, but it is swollen in size and i can't straighten it properly like i can my other one And through google i've read that these blood tests can be wrong medicine is never 100% i guess, and i read stories where the blood was normal but they had an ultrasound on their leg as well and there was a clot.

:cry:

naybe there is nothing wrong with me

If you're really worried, I'd say go back to hospital. Maybe not A&E. I dunno where else you should go in a hospital though :o:

:hugs:

Original post by Deyesy
Well I've only got two more sessions left anyway, I guess it'd be silly to not go given I waited about 9 months to actually get it in the first place.

Over-attachment is one thing I wish I could change about myself. It's the one big evil I have and I hate it. It's been a problem for most of my high school years and it carried on through sixth-form and it's still here today. I just hate it :sigh: Means people have to wary around me because obviously they're not going to want to some **** over-attaching to them. I just don't know how else to stop it apart from retreating/isolating myself. My head knows that if I do that there's absolutely no way I can over-attach to anyone and to me that's the lesser of the two evils :/

Really sorry to hear you share the same sort of feelings as me though :/ I know I beat myself up over it, so I hate the thought of someone else having similar thoughts to me when I know it's a horrible circle of thoughts :/

I didn't even realise I was over-attaching to her before she mentioned it :/ I hadn't seen my GP since mid April either, so I'd seen no-one for about 6 weeks. I feel bad for counting down the days like I did :/ I'm aware of over-attaching happening with people and so stop myself from doing things I 'should' be doing to maintain friendships. Vicious circle that I don't seem to be able to stop because I have absolutely no idea how to stop it happening :/

To be completely, she was rather pushy about the bullying but I guess I needed someone to be pushy about it. Ahwell. I don't see her for another 3 weeks. Don't know how I'll be when I see her. I'll have to somehow bring up this over-attachment issue and how she's just been critical and not in critical in a supportive way.

You're really too hard on yourself about over-attachment, especially with a therapist. It's VERY common in therapy to attach to the therapist and it's up to the therapist to address it gently but firmly and set boundary lines that are clear and safe and comfortable for both parties. Look at the Wikipedia article on transference, if you haven't already: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transference
Triggering stuff

Spoiler

anyone else having major issues getting TSR to load? getting stupid now, it's not worked properly for like 3 hours now and it's been slow all day as well :mad:
Original post by SciFiRory
anyone else having major issues getting TSR to load? getting stupid now, it's not worked properly for like 3 hours now and it's been slow all day as well :mad:

Me! It's pissing me off now. Switching between phone and laptop and it's the same on both :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -FireFlies-
Triggering stuff

Spoiler

:jumphug: Can completely empathise with feeling lifeless and empty, and finding it impossible to explain. I've been feeling the same a lot myself lately. :console:

Original post by SciFiRory

Yep. Had quite a few Guru Meditation Errors - there's a thread in the TSR problems forum (can't remember what it's called!) to post the Guru Meditation errors you're receiving in.
Original post by -FireFlies-
Me! It's pissing me off now. Switching between phone and laptop and it's the same on both :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

got loads of errors and stuff but it's stopped now (touch wood!) so annoying!

Original post by Anonymous

Yep. Had quite a few Guru Meditation Errors - there's a thread in the TSR problems forum (can't remember what it's called!) to post the Guru Meditation errors you're receiving in.

ah okay, I got too many too post them all haha!
Reply 1696
I need some help, don't know if I am in the right place or not.

I have suffered a set back in life and it looks I may have another one. I want a political career and I am hell bent in trying to climb fast due to my age. Things should be different, no child should go through what I had to go through. I tried to climb the ladder to the next level but didn't get it, I stood in an election.

The other may happen or not, but it looks likely.

Reinforces the notion of not wanted, there is a thread on this issue
(edited 10 years ago)
Been feeling awful and just like sitting around and crying all day :frown: I don't know how to control myself either, can't stop doing bad things.

Freaking out about wedding and so many people tomorrow too, oh my gosh :'(
Original post by Riku
I haven't done any revision for an exam tomorrow, I'm extremely nervous, probably going to fail the module. I've been focussing on catch-up with my coursework instead and my timekeeping went to pot.
I should feel absolutely awful and want to think or even do bad things about myself, but...I'm just going to let myself off. Next year's a fresh start. And getting angry with myself isn't going to make things any better, it'll probably tire me out even more tbh.

Is this reasonable or am I being too lenient on myself?

This is very reasonable and very sensible! Go you :rave:
hi everyone....

what's everyone up to this evening

Latest