The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by roar:)
I was nice to them this morning and I made them a breakfast. I am a vegetarian so I made it with Quorn stuff. Sarah was happy and praised me for it but her sister wasn't as happy I HATE my step-aunt right now, she told me that is wasn't good for her and gave me a lecture on quorn and how being a vegetarian is stupid. I started shouting and saying stuff because I lost my temper andmy step aunt was shouting. I finally just walked off. my step-brother said to my step aunt "Big Meanie" that made me laugh (I am starting to love my little step brother) Sarah once again is pissed off with me and it isn't even all my fault.:mad:

That is really lovely! You know what, whatever happens, keep being this good. That way, you'll know that you tried your best, and that you weren't in the wrong.
It sounds like what happened is that Sarah vented to her sister about everything you did earlier at the time and so your step-aunt's first impression of you is how you were before, which can be difficult to change.
Well done for walking off! If you hadn't lost your temper, that would have been even better, but sometimes it can't be helped. If you had stayed, it might have got worse, so you did the right thing by walking away.
I think your step-aunt probably is finding it hard to adjust to your new attitude and maybe doesn't see it for what it is, but she is being really unfair in this respect. I'm glad your step-brother and you are getting along!
I think Sarah will not be angry with you in a while, because although you got in an argument with her sister, you tried really hard and I think she'll see that soon.
Stay strong! Xxxxxxxxx
Reply 121
Your aunt is going way over the line and making a mess of a delicate situation. I find it quite hard to grasp how stupid she's being, to be honest. She sounds like she's holding a grudge against a 13 year old.
Reply 122
Original post by nombo
That is really lovely! You know what, whatever happens, keep being this good. That way, you'll know that you tried your best, and that you weren't in the wrong.
It sounds like what happened is that Sarah vented to her sister about everything you did earlier at the time and so your step-aunt's first impression of you is how you were before, which can be difficult to change.
Well done for walking off! If you hadn't lost your temper, that would have been even better, but sometimes it can't be helped. If you had stayed, it might have got worse, so you did the right thing by walking away.
I think your step-aunt probably is finding it hard to adjust to your new attitude and maybe doesn't see it for what it is, but she is being really unfair in this respect. I'm glad your step-brother and you are getting along!
I think Sarah will not be angry with you in a while, because although you got in an argument with her sister, you tried really hard and I think she'll see that soon.
Stay strong! Xxxxxxxxx

Thanks, My step aunt thinks that if I am being nice I must want somethings. I am apparently after something. My step-brother is only 3 and he is sticking up for his big sis! with the way he speaks he calls me Mowwy. It is cute, at first it used to annoy me.
Sarah is angry because apparently I embaressed her. Her poor sister doesn't deserve to have me say those things that was what she said. I sid what about her sister just needs time to get used to me. Before I left to walk out of the room. I was upset and chucked a piece of toast at her saying "Here breakfast is on you then" It was funny because it had jam and butter on and it hit her in the face got in her hair and clothes. She has left to go home now but Sarah is angry. I really don't like it when Sarah is angry
1) you don't get any attention is she is angey with you she may call you down for dinner thats it
2) I don't want to let her down!
I think my dad is annoyed because all he said to me was "I thought I raised you better" :frown:
Reply 123
Maybe go to some friends. Get out of the house a bit. Tell Sarah you were upset that her sister didn't appreciate your breakfast.
btw sounds quite funny
It takes time for things to change. You have to let everyone adjust to your new attitude.
Reply 125
Thanks, My step aunt thinks that if I am being nice I must want somethings. I am apparently after something. My step-brother is only 3 and he is sticking up for his big sis! with the way he speaks he calls me Mowwy. It is cute, at first it used to annoy me.
Sarah is angry because apparently I embaressed her. Her poor sister doesn't deserve to have me say those things that was what she said. I sid what about her sister just needs time to get used to me. Before I left to walk out of the room. I was upset and chucked a piece of toast at her saying "Here breakfast is on you then" It was funny because it had jam and butter on and it hit her in the face got in her hair and clothes. She has left to go home now but Sarah is angry. I really don't like it when Sarah is angry
1) you don't get any attention is she is angey with you she may call you down for dinner thats it
I think my dad is annoyed because all he said to me was "I thought I raised you better" :frown:

Your step-aunt is wrong, but can't you see where she's coming from? Based on your past behaviour?
Why does he call you Mowwy, what's your name? Oh, Molly? Aw, that's cute! It's nice that you two get on!
But that is embarrassing for her! Maybe her sister did deserve what you did to her, but Sarah doesn't! Next time, please, please, please try hard to hold your tongue before you say or do anything - you seem to have such a short temper, and you'll regret so much if you do things out of anger. Just breathe and think about what you're going to do. Angry actions also make you look bad, even if you weren't in the wrong before, and they're just so not worth it. It angers the other person if you're calm as well, and I think you'd like that satisfaction! :wink:
You have let Sarah down, and your dad too, but mainly it's yourself. I'm not trying to make you feel bad and I hope this is motivational for you, not depressing, but you worked really hard to become okay with Sarah and if you'd just held your temper, she would have been impressed. She probably thought, 'wow, she's really different to what I thought.' Instead, you proved her wrong. I'm not attacking you, but this is what I think.
The best you can do is apologise, but don't be surprised if she isn't like 'it's okay, we all goooood' straight away, just leave her time to think.
Reply 126

I cannot believe you threw a piece of toast with butter and jam on it at someone's face. What a ****ing idiot you are.
I was upset and chucked a piece of toast at her saying "Here breakfast is on you then" It was funny because it had jam and butter on and it hit her in the face got in her hair and clothes. (

That just highlights your immaturity. This is probably the aspect that you need to work on most, and what is making things so hard for you.
I was nice to them this morning and I made them a breakfast. I am a vegetarian so I made it with Quorn stuff. Sarah was happy and praised me for it but her sister wasn't as happy I HATE my step-aunt right now, she told me that is wasn't good for her and gave me a lecture on quorn and how being a vegetarian is stupid. I started shouting and saying stuff because I lost my temper and my step aunt was shouting. I finally just walked off. my step-brother said to my step aunt "Big Meanie" that made me laugh (I am starting to love my little step brother) Sarah once again is pissed off with me and it isn't even all my fault.:mad:

[QUOTE=roar[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];42855918]I don't know whats wrong with my step aunt. I do know though when I was really bad to Sarah she would tell her sister and then her sister would say stff abour me! My step-aunt hasn't got a good impression after me. I tried to change it at breakfast (if you look above you will see what happened) It didn't work. some of my step family are really annoying!
You can't change people's opinions overnight unfortunately - you just have to keep trying your best. It was a kind thought to make breakfast for everyone, but people appreciate such gestures more if they actually want to eat what's on offer - remember that we veggies are in a minority. Maybe just stick to making cups of tea and coffee - it's safer? However, it sounds like your step-aunt was out of order to lecture you, but then you were out of order to start shouting, and if you did it in front of your step-brother I'm not surprised that Sarah is mad at you again. Life is complicated. But things sound much better than they were a few day ago, so overall things are heading in the right direction. Btw, the idea of writing letters or notes sounds like a good one.

Edit: not cool to throw food at people :sigh: Your dad has a point.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by Ronove
I cannot believe you threw a piece of toast with butter and jam on it at someone's face. What a ****ing idiot you are.

I know I am an Idiot. My step aunt made it clear that I was. Sarah isn't really speaking to me now, and my dad is really dissapointed. I was so angry with her at the time. I felt she was deniying me a mother. I have already lost one, she makes me feel like I am going to lose Sarah, and I really want Sarah as a mother
Reply 130
Original post by nombo
Your step-aunt is wrong, but can't you see where she's coming from? Based on your past behaviour?
Why does he call you Mowwy, what's your name? Oh, Molly? Aw, that's cute! It's nice that you two get on!
But that is embarrassing for her! Maybe her sister did deserve what you did to her, but Sarah doesn't! Next time, please, please, please try hard to hold your tongue before you say or do anything - you seem to have such a short temper, and you'll regret so much if you do things out of anger. Just breathe and think about what you're going to do. Angry actions also make you look bad, even if you weren't in the wrong before, and they're just so not worth it. It angers the other person if you're calm as well, and I think you'd like that satisfaction! :wink:
You have let Sarah down, and your dad too, but mainly it's yourself. I'm not trying to make you feel bad and I hope this is motivational for you, not depressing, but you worked really hard to become okay with Sarah and if you'd just held your temper, she would have been impressed. She probably thought, 'wow, she's really different to what I thought.' Instead, you proved her wrong. I'm not attacking you, but this is what I think.
The best you can do is apologise, but don't be surprised if she isn't like 'it's okay, we all goooood' straight away, just leave her time to think.

I know I let them down:frown: I was so angry because I felt like my step aunt was denying me another chance to have a mother. Sarah and my da are all really annoyed and are barely speaking, I even went and sat myself in the corner (didn't work) I went down for dinner and she barely said a word. I went to help clear up after and she told me just to go to my room because she had, had enough of me for one day, I went to help my dad who was putting my step brother in the bath but he told me the same, I cried because usually if he upsets me he will come out and give me a cuddle but all I got was "Molly get into your room now!" My step brother was crying mowwy mowwy mowyy because he likes it when I play in the bath with him. It was apparently my fault then for upsetting him. I feel all this is because of Sarah's stupid sister
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 131
Original post by heart/
Maybe go to some friends. Get out of the house a bit. Tell Sarah you were upset that her sister didn't appreciate your breakfast.
btw sounds quite funny

I would but Sarah isn't letting me out of the house to see friends at the moment, I wonder why:rolleyes:
We all know what Barney Stinson would do :wink:
Reply 133
Original post by Pastaferian
You can't change people's opinions overnight unfortunately - you just have to keep trying your best. It was a kind thought to make breakfast for everyone, but people appreciate such gestures more if they actually want to eat what's on offer - remember that we veggies are in a minority. Maybe just stick to making cups of tea and coffee - it's safer? However, it sounds like your step-aunt was out of order to lecture you, but then you were out of order to start shouting, and if you did it in front of your step-brother I'm not surprised that Sarah is mad at you again. Life is complicated. But things sound much better than they were a few day ago, so overall things are heading in the right direction. Btw, the idea of writing letters or notes sounds like a good one.

Edit: not cool to throw food at people :sigh: Your dad has a point.

I think one of the problems was that my step brother saw me do it and he is at the stage that when he sees someone do something he has to do it.
Things where much better a few days ago. I was meant to go the zoo with Sarah and my step brother but I don't think I am going with her. I tried to make it up to them later (if you at post 131) That didn't work, I get frustrated because I can't seem to do anything right. I was thinking about the fact parents are meant to love their kids no matter how many mistakes they make. My dad will have forgiven me by tonight hopefully but Sarah it may be a while. I love her like a mum and want to call her that but she only loves me like a step daughter not a real daughter, my step aunt says I embaress her to much and she wont call me her daughter
Reply 134
Original post by thepastpaper
We all know what Barney Stinson would do :wink:

Whos Barney Stinson?
Reply 135
Original post by Anonymous
It takes time for things to change. You have to let everyone adjust to your new attitude.

I want people to trust me again.
I know I can be immature at times. I do it more when I am angry and I was really angry with me step aunt
I know I am an Idiot. My step aunt made it clear that I was. Sarah isn't really speaking to me now, and my dad is really dissapointed. I was so angry with her at the time. I felt she was deniying me a mother. I have already lost one, she makes me feel like I am going to lose Sarah, and I really want Sarah as a mother

I think you should tell (or write it in a letter) Sarah that you want her as a mother. If I was a step-mother and my step-daughter was acting out I would assume the complete opposite - that she doesn't accept me as a parent. Maybe that's the reason why Sarah was so shocked after you called her mum.
Reply 137
I know I let them down:frown: I was so angry because I felt like my step aunt was denying me another chance to have a mother. Sarah and my da are all really annoyed and are barely speaking, I even went and sat myself in the corner (didn't work) I went down for dinner and she barely said a word. I went to help clear up after and she told me just to go to my room because she had, had enough of me for one day, I went to help my dad who was putting my step brother in the bath but he told me the same, I cried because usually if he upsets me he will come out and give me a cuddle but all I got was "Molly get into your room now!" My step brother was crying mowwy mowwy mowyy because he likes it when I play in the bath with him. It was apparently my fault then for upsetting him. I feel all this is because of Sarah's stupid sister

Of all of you, Sarah's sister seems, to me, to be the most in the wrong, because she's stubbornly not changing her perception of you. It can be hard but she needs to give you a chance. Just keep being patient around her and she'll be annoyed and impressed, all at once!
I totally know the feeling, when you just can't do anything right! I hate that, but again I think it's just better to stay out of their way, they need to simmer down now, it's been an emotional day for them too. Say sorry when you can, don't leave it too late! Maybe tomorrow morning? After you make them coffee?? :smile:
I completely believe in you. You can be a good daughter/stepdaughter/stepsister, I know it. You've progressed so much and been so honest with us, and you're becoming more mature and nice, we can see it. Keep going, be patient, be nice, be well-behaved, be obedient, be helpful, be polite, be respectful, and you WILL get there, I know you will! Keep talking to us as well!
Reply 138
Original post by nombo
Of all of you, Sarah's sister seems, to me, to be the most in the wrong, because she's stubbornly not changing her perception of you. It can be hard but she needs to give you a chance. Just keep being patient around her and she'll be annoyed and impressed, all at once!
I totally know the feeling, when you just can't do anything right! I hate that, but again I think it's just better to stay out of their way, they need to simmer down now, it's been an emotional day for them too. Say sorry when you can, don't leave it too late! Maybe tomorrow morning? After you make them coffee?? :smile:
I completely believe in you. You can be a good daughter/stepdaughter/stepsister, I know it. You've progressed so much and been so honest with us, and you're becoming more mature and nice, we can see it. Keep going, be patient, be nice, be well-behaved, be obedient, be helpful, be polite, be respectful, and you WILL get there, I know you will! Keep talking to us as well!

I never realised how hard it was to be perfect all the time.
She did come up and talk to me a few minutes ago. She was saying that she wants to be able to trust and believe in me. She says she does believe I can do it she just finds it hard because of what the out come might be. She was also saying that nearly everytime I try and do something it always ends up with someone being hurt, My brother also came over and was talking to Sarah and was starting to have a go at her. Then he got told my dads and Sarahs side and he came and told me I needed to respect her. What is bothering me is that Sarah is going away till about Saturday or Sunday (can't remember) and she is leaving early in the morning (I probably wont see or hear her get up.) I don't want her to go away with me in her bad books. When she goes away I want her to say how much she loves me and how much she is going to miss me. I bet she is thinking thank God I am going to be away from her :frown:
Reply 139
Original post by hugofinelioze
I think you should tell (or write it in a letter) Sarah that you want her as a mother. If I was a step-mother and my step-daughter was acting out I would assume the complete opposite - that she doesn't accept me as a parent. Maybe that's the reason why Sarah was so shocked after you called her mum.

I told her the only reason I used to act out as much as I did was for the attention, I never got as much when I didn't act out, I want her to know I love her. What is bothering me is that Sarah is going away till about Saturday or Sunday (can't remember) and she is leaving early in the morning (I probably wont see or hear her get up.) I don't want her to go away with me in her bad books. When she goes away I want her to say how much she loves me and how much she is going to miss me. I bet she is thinking thank God I am going to be away from her :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending