The Student Room Group

Betting Discussion (Mark II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
finally in the last 6 minutes england are finally doing well, and going for it...

just got to hope its enough time now

Edit - then they stick milner on...

Hogdson logic - take off one of the msot productive and creative players.. for.. milner..

To be fair Chamberlain has done nothing all season and I'm not sure why he was picked tonight. Absolutely no end product.
Original post by jackf1337
Barcelona don't actually seem a bad bet, considering they're dominating XD

Wasn't gonna watch, I don't think I have enough knowledge of football, I could name you a starting 11 for Barcelona thats about it, as for Espanyol, no clue.
horrible game for england, just awful.

got lucky with a goal in the first half, and an ireland mistake..

Then did nothing in the second half until the final 5 minutes.. when hodgson took of one of the creative players - and the game died.

Terrible.

- means that its another break-even day today.. thats 2 in a row now.. - so dissapointing :frown:
To be fair Chamberlain has done nothing all season and I'm not sure why he was picked tonight. Absolutely no end product.

he was good tonight..

But he just needs to learn that he cant shoot :tongue:

But in terms of getting past players and adding a bit of spark, he was one of the best..
Reply 964
Oxlade Chamberlain just cannot finish. Keepers legs were wide open and he scuffs his shot with all the time in the world.
Original post by fallen_acorns
horrible game for england, just awful.

got lucky with a goal in the first half, and an ireland mistake..

Then did nothing in the second half until the final 5 minutes.. when hodgson took of one of the creative players - and the game died.

Terrible.

- means that its another break-even day today.. thats 2 in a row now.. - so dissapointing :frown:

Try to take the positives from it, its better to be balanced then down :cool:.... always tomorrow.
Original post by SloaneRanger
Try to take the positives from it, its better to be balanced then down :cool:.... always tomorrow.

What are your MLB picks tonight? I see some good opportunities.

your right :tongue: its just extra annoying that it was england who messed up..

Such a frustraiting team :tongue:
Wasn't gonna watch, I don't think I have enough knowledge of football, I could name you a starting 11 for Barcelona thats about it, as for Espanyol, no clue.

It's a fairly reserve affair. The notable players for Barca are Oier, Busquets, Pedro, Dos Santos and Adriano. Espanyol playing a team with more of their first teamers than reserves, but Barcelona are all over them.
Reply 969
It's a fairly reserve affair. The notable players for Barca are Oier, Busquets, Pedro, Dos Santos and Adriano. Espanyol playing a team with more of their first teamers than reserves, but Barcelona are all over them.

Barca worth small stake?
Original post by TheInvincibles14
What are your MLB picks tonight? I see some good opportunities.

just looking now , you seen this before

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/63197/Double%2dResult.html

Looks very interesting. I think Hills do something better though 'Team A to win and Under/Over' is much easier to predict imo.
Original post by Dubes
Barca worth small stake?

I would say they were but 0-1 and 2 minutes left. They've had a lot of chances and possession but could not score in a brothel.

Just as I posted that they scored. 1-1, game on.
(edited 10 years ago)
I would say they were but 0-1 and 2 minutes left. They've had a lot of chances and possession but could not score in a brothel.

Just as I posted that they scored. 1-1, game on.

Would you mind explaining to me how you make money betting on tennis? Is it my lumping on three to four winners? You guys seem to be making a decent amount of profit.
Reply 974
Original post by DH1'
Her opponent's finally got a game on the board. Doesn't matter though as i'm only betting on Serena's service game.

And just like that Serena cruises through all 12 service games. Nice £30 profit for an hour's work.

The market you are betting on won't be very popular, which means you are more likely to get banned for winning.

Another thing bookies hate is uncertainty. Uncertainty is why overround increases in certain markets, but I will not get into that :wink:.

Basically, if the price for Serena to win each of her service games is higher than it should be and you keep betting on it, then yes, you will end up getting banned.

If you're anything like me you will see it as an achievement at first, then realise it's actually pretty rubbish.
Reply 975
I'm £15 down today. Someone suggest a bet to make it back! :smile:
Original post by Dubes
I'm £15 down today. Someone suggest a bet to make it back! :smile:

St Louis Cardinals -1.5 @ 21/20

I'm thinking of putting a lot of money on this one myself. Royals pitcher has 5.00 ERA, they are on a 7 game losing streak, have scored 13 runs in their last 7 games. Hmm....
Reply 977
Original post by oldham_fran
I'll happily share tips. It's a shame that the European seasons are over cos then I reckon it'd be a lot easier. And I follow Ukrainian and Austrian football pretty closely so I could tip on those leagues.

But yeah, let us know if you give it another shot!

How on Earth did you get to follow those leagues and where do you watch them?

Leagues like that are exactly where there is money to be made. I am trying to get into obscure leagues but it's quite difficult.

I have found some decent news sources for the Belgian league, as well as reliable streams, but the commentary is in Flemish which doesn't help; if it were French I could understand. I guess it shouldn't matter too much, but when it sounds like the commentator is constantly saying "ger durgy durgy durga durr" it becomes hard to take the game seriously.
Reply 978
Original post by TheInvincibles14
St Louis Cardinals -1.5 @ 21/20

I'm thinking of putting a lot of money on this one myself. Royals pitcher has 5.00 ERA, they are on a 7 game losing streak, have scored 13 runs in their last 7 games. Hmm....

I have no idea on baseball but had a look on twitter..

Is this a good bet @1.26/1

Atlanta Braves Win
St Louis Cardinals Win

If you think it is I might do your bet and that.
Original post by pane123
How on Earth did you get to follow those leagues and where do you watch them?

Leagues like that are exactly where there is money to be made. I am trying to get into obscure leagues but it's quite difficult.

I have found some decent news sources for the Belgian league, as well as reliable streams, but the commentary is in Flemish which doesn't help; if it were French I could understand. I guess it shouldn't matter too much, but when it sounds like the commentator is constantly saying "ger durgy durgy durga durr" it becomes hard to take the game seriously.

Helps that I can read Russian and Ukrainian well enough to get the general gist of what's going on. And I have an account with Bet365 who usually stream all the matches :smile:

It's so easy to bet on the Ukrainian league. You have your big 4 with Shakhtar, Dynamo Kyiv, Metalist Kharkiv and Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk. Pretty much throughout the entire season, Shakhtar to win was a safe bet regardless of who they were playing because they'd only lost one game all season (when they'd gone down to 10 men). They only trailed off and started drawing a few when they were nailed on to win the league.

Ahahahahaaaaa (slightly off topic) maybe this is why I got told off by my boyfriends mum for watching too much football :P

Quick Reply

Latest