The Student Room Group

Higher Geography

Scroll to see replies

That would be brilliant! What's the predictions for paper 2, rural land resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 421
Thinking Coastal or Glaciation but mainly Coastal for RLR.

Good Luck!
Reply 422
Original post by Nessie162
That would be a great thing imo! Epecially for a section like Urban.
You give a couple of grid references and names here and there... Easy marks.
Much better than describing some random stuff about traffic and shopping malls from your head. :tongue:

Does anybody have points for traffic and shopping malls. I have spent ages trying to find it.

Also I'm ****ed for tomorrow.
Reply 423
Original post by CSM1996
Clearly...

P.s. my hand is so sore :frown: I underestimated how much time I have left, I'm basically only doing limestone 20 marker and coastal 20 marker then that is me done for the night!

Good luck tomorrow everyone!! Praying the urban question isn't a map one because I canny do urban on maps :frown:

U can drop 40marks and still get an A u know:smile: plus im just abt to learn coasts then finish off RLR :O

Good luck to u too:smile:
Reply 424
Dreading tomorrow, I have revised everything but hope it just comes to me on the day.
Original post by hendycfc
Does anybody have points for traffic and shopping malls. I have spent ages trying to find it.

Also I'm ****ed for tomorrow.

I don't know what your case study is but here are some basic points about traffic.

Less Important stuff:

Problems - Congestion, especially in the inner city and CBD
Parking Problems (Especially in CBD)
Pollution, especially near main roads and in the CBD
Reasons - Increase in car ownership and the car culture and shortcomings of public transport, perceived or otherwise

More important stuff:
Solutions-
Urban Motorways (M8 for Glasgow and the construction of a new bridge in 1973 to carry it over the Clyde (Kingstone bridge))
Inner and outer ring roads,
Upgrading of the underground railway system (For glasgow: in 1980's),
One way traffic system especially in CBD,
Park and ride scheme from suburban sitations (for Glasgow: such as Giffnock)
Parking Controls - Multi-story car parks, restricted zones, meters, pay and display.
New Bus and Cycle Lanes
Reply 426
Just wanted to show you guys what ive done for Geog the past 2 days
102_9658.jpg
probably not very clear
P.S every one of the 26 sheets are double sided,
im still doing Dev and health but these are all the combinations of questions since 2007 for all paper 1 topics and RBM
Original post by humza100
102_9658.jpg
probably not very clear
im still doing Dev and health but these are all the combinations of questions since 2007 for all paper 1 topics and RBM

WOW! I didn't write a single note for geography... I'm just reading over stuff, and trying to memorise them. :tongue:
Reply 428
WOW! I didn't write a single note for geography... I'm just reading over stuff, and trying to memorise them. :tongue:

Ive done nothing but write for 2 days! I stayed up till 3 yesterday so i could have an early night today, but its 11 and im still writing
Ive done nothing but write for 2 days! I stayed up till 3 yesterday so i could have an early night today, but its 11 and im still writing

I've done that once. Before Geography prelim I was writing out notes till 4am.
I was shattered and had a nose-bleed during the prelim. I got 63%. Totally not worth it :tongue:

That's why I decided not to write anything tonight and go to sleep hopefully before 2am :biggrin:
Reply 430
Original post by mjj22
U can drop 40marks and still get an A u know:smile: plus im just abt to learn coasts then finish off RLR :O

Good luck to u too:smile:

Aye you can drop about 55 normally, so hopefully I get good marks in paper 2, then I can do rubbish on paper 1 :lol:

102_9658.jpg
probably not very clear

Probably not the thing I should be focusing on, but do you have a double bed????? If you do, I'm jealous :frown:

That would be a great thing imo! Epecially for a section like Urban.
You give a couple of grid references and names here and there... Easy marks.
Much better than describing some random stuff about traffic and shopping malls from your head. :tongue:

Not for urban, when they are like "why is this a good place for a shopping centre" or "discuss the conflicts" I have no clue. I'm ok when it says like "Show that this is CBD" or something stupid like that.
P.s. I hate urban :frown: I wish it was like site and situation, but that came up 2 years ago damn :frown:
Reply 431
I was shattered and had a nose-bleed during the prelim. I got 63%. Totally not worth it :tongue:

That's why I decided not to write anything tonight and go to sleep hopefully before 2am :biggrin:

Try this, my mum gave me tablets the day before my geography prelim (I had cold) and I took 7 that day... turns out they are high in caffeine. I got no sleep before my geography prelim and was shattered all the way through it :frown:
Reply 432
Original post by CSM1996

Probably not the thing I should be focusing on, but do you have a double bed????? If you do, I'm jealous :frown:

Nah man, its a single, a double is at least 5 A4 sheets wide, everybody knows dat :tongue:
Reply 433

itll be fine , did the exact same thing for my prelim and it went ok, only thing is waking up, not sure if it was on this thread i mentioned it, but ive not got up before 11 since the start of May
Reply 434
Original post by CSM1996
Aye you can drop about 55 normally, so hopefully I get good marks in paper 2, then I can do rubbish on paper 1 :lol:

Not for urban, when they are like "why is this a good place for a shopping centre" or "discuss the conflicts" I have no clue. I'm ok when it says like "Show that this is CBD" or something stupid like that.
P.s. I hate urban :frown: I wish it was like site and situation, but that came up 2 years ago damn :frown:

Yep. But hopefully its a good question for D+H and not the problem solving ones hehe:smile:)

I feel like a weirdo cause l stayed up all night and got 88% :O Probs cause it was all fresh in the brain haha
Original post by CSM1996
Try this, my mum gave me tablets the day before my geography prelim (I had cold) and I took 7 that day... turns out they are high in caffeine. I got no sleep before my geography prelim and was shattered all the way through it :frown:
Ohhh, that must have been horrible!

Anyway, 3 more hours and hopefully that's me finished.
I'm reading over River Basin stuff right now...
I still haven't even bothered to look at my Industry notes - So I definitely need to do that.
And I need to try and remember all that Atmosphere bul**t.

I'm quite well prepared for paper 2 actually. I'm hoping to get 80-90 marks so hopefully I won't have to worry about paper 1 so much. :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 436
102_9658.jpg
probably not very clear

haha ur writing is really neat just saying:tongue:
Reply 437
Nah man, its a single, a double is at least 5 A4 sheets wide, everybody knows dat :tongue:

Awk I'm not jealous then, just looked big in the picture :L

Original post by mjj22
Yep. But hopefully its a good question for D+H and not the problem solving ones hehe:smile:)

See in my prelim I had a problem solving indicator table question and I was like WTH AM I MEANT TO DO AHH turns out I was to just describe it but I put most of my answer as explanation so I only got like 6/10 :frown:

D+H = 2 indicators, differences between countries, physical/human factors, malaria, primary health care PLEASE!!!!!!!
Reply 438
Ohhh, that must have been horrible!

Anyway, 3 more hours and hopefully that's me finished.
I'm reading over River Basin stuff right now...
I still haven't even bothered to look at my Industry notes - So I definitely need to do that.
And I need to try and remember all that Atmosphere bul**t.

I'm quite well prepared for paper 2 actually. I'm hoping to get 80-90 marks so hopefully I won't have to worry about paper 1 so much. :rolleyes:

Awk it was, I was pure shattered when I finished :L

I finished at like 11 because I was shattered :frown: God knows how people can study until like 3am. I hit like 9am and I'm like dying :lol:

Industry I looked at for 40 minutes this morning :lol: Atmosphere = not going in my head, hoping it is optional (I bet you it is optional and I'll come back from my exam and be like I CHOOSE THE ATMOSPHERE QUESTION :colone:)

Yeah same, I think I could get near-to full marks for both RLR and D+H if the questions are simples :]
Original post by mjj22
I feel like a weirdo cause l stayed up all night and got 88% :O Probs cause it was all fresh in the brain haha

The funny thing is though, our teacher told us what is coming up. Almost every single question. I just didn't bothered to study. I started to study day before the exam at 6pm and I finished at 4am. I'm kinda regretting it now since I can't even make an appeal if I won't get an A tomorrow :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending