The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gredditt
Yeah! Really excited, and nervous! :biggrin: A whole new country and all! You're from UK? :smile:

Im from Northern Ireland and yea quite nervous too! Did you visit the open day or anything?
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 221
Original post by shopgirl1818
Im from Northern Ireland and yea quite nervous too! Did you visit the open day or anything?

Nope, i've never been there. Did you?
Original post by Gredditt
Nope, i've never been there. Did you?

Yea it was really nice! And the town was good it had plenty in it:smile:
do you have a Facebook or anything?
Original post by nik_nak1
Im studying history too:smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great to hear :biggrin:
Reply 224
Original post by shopgirl1818
Yea it was really nice! And the town was good it had plenty in it:smile:
do you have a Facebook or anything?

Sounds great :biggrin: Yeah, I can send you a private message with e-mail so you can find it ^^
Original post by Naturally707
Sorry to intrude but I see you are studying English Studies! Me too! :smile:

Ditto to you I suppose, I am a fellow English Studies student - taking it as a joint honours with Professional Education. Always good to meet people who will be in my class.
Original post by BooksOfWonder
I've found it here for you : http://www.sbes.stir.ac.uk/info_students/undergraduate/index.html

You have the handbook and the modules infos! Enjoy!

Can I just ask how you found it, trying to find the psychology one :/?
Reply 227
Hey, I'm Belle. :smile:
Firmed Psychology with Spanish.
Not sure where I'll be staying yet. :P
Reply 228
Original post by zoelizjef
Can I just ask how you found it, trying to find the psychology one :/?

posted the link on here a couple of times already but one more time :smile:

Original post by Bieldside
They have informatiob about the first year reading material online.

http://www.stir.ac.uk/undergraduate-study/course-information/courses-a-to-z/school-of-natural-sciences/psychology/

The essential text for Year 1 of the course, is:
Psychology (8th edition 2010), £40.99, Gleitman, H., Gross, J., and Reisberg, D., W.W. Norton & Company Ltd. ISBN 978 0 393 11682 3
Original post by chelshocked
Ditto to you I suppose, I am a fellow English Studies student - taking it as a joint honours with Professional Education. Always good to meet people who will be in my class.

Ah hello there! I'm just doing straight English although I did consider the education route. Looking forward to starting? Do you live near? :smile:
Ah hello there! I'm just doing straight English although I did consider the education route. Looking forward to starting? Do you live near? :smile:

If you did consider going along the education route I'm sure the university would be more than helpful sorting that out.

Yeah, starting to feel more real now I've found the reading lists and got my finance sorted. I stay only 10 minutes along the road (Alva) so not doing halls and will just be commuting in - it's my second shot at uni and did the whole halls experience the first time around, that experience will last me a lifetime!
If you did consider going along the education route I'm sure the university would be more than helpful sorting that out.

Yeah, starting to feel more real now I've found the reading lists and got my finance sorted. I stay only 10 minutes along the road (Alva) so not doing halls and will just be commuting in - it's my second shot at uni and did the whole halls experience the first time around, that experience will last me a lifetime!

I completely agree! It can't come soon enough, the experience will be amazing! Ah I see, I'm through in Livingston so I've got accommodation in ASH. Looking forward to the independence, although I'll miss having my washing done haha! Oh, I can imagine. What was it that you did before? :smile:
I completely agree! It can't come soon enough, the experience will be amazing! Ah I see, I'm through in Livingston so I've got accommodation in ASH. Looking forward to the independence, although I'll miss having my washing done haha! Oh, I can imagine. What was it that you did before? :smile:

Don't worry, you can always fill a suitcase and take it home as I may have done on occasion in my first year, much to the horror of my mum.

I completed 2 years of a psychology degree when I was 18, the course was good but I wasn't ready for uni so I left, worked for a bit and figured out what I actually wanted to do with my life.
Reply 233
Original post by amyrobinxx
Hi I'm Amy,
Scottish (Glasgow)
Studying sports studies BA
AKD halls

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be staying in AKD too! What room will you be in :smile:?
Don't worry, you can always fill a suitcase and take it home as I may have done on occasion in my first year, much to the horror of my mum.

I completed 2 years of a psychology degree when I was 18, the course was good but I wasn't ready for uni so I left, worked for a bit and figured out what I actually wanted to do with my life.

Haha, sounds like a plausible plan of action. I shall suggest it!
At least this time you are certain, probably making you enjoy it more. :smile:

Freshers week should be interesting. I don't really know what to expect. Family members at other Unis have a buddy system but who knows if stirling is the same :smile:
Hey guys! Hope you don't mind me commenting! I am also going to study English Studies with Education! Can't wait! I'm 18 and from Northern Ireland - just finishing my a-levels! Haven't applied for accommodation yet though!
Seeing as today was my last exam, the excitement has hit me :biggrin:
Anyone staying in Muirhead? :smile:
Reply 238
I'm in muirhead :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Becxi
I'm in muirhead :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay I've found someone else haha! What flat are you staying in :smile:?

Quick Reply

Latest