The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by masryboy94
dw we all get the same problems, feel free to post any questions on here, im sure me or any other user would be happy to help !! yep i told you its silly mistakes :frown: we NEED to get a method not to make silly mistakes lol. good luck and your welcome.

loool dw, guess people have different views to me even though i only adviced :dontknow: haha

yeah I just hope I got method marks, was soooo hoping for 100 UMS as well but hey ho! :console: Yeah that's TSR for you, I get that quite a bit as well so dw.
Original post by shorttstuff
yeah I just hope I got method marks, was soooo hoping for 100 UMS as well but hey ho! :console: Yeah that's TSR for you, I get that quite a bit as well so dw.

but thats the beauty of AS and A level, most of the marks rely on method rather than the answer, so as much as you might feel you didnt get the 100 UMS, it sounds like you did well so good luck on that !! :biggrin: ... guess so, you try to help, and people go against you :frown: lool oo well, so what you doing now? C4?
Reply 1662
Does the arcsin/cos/tan stuff come up much in C3 exams ?
I really don't understand it D:
Original post by guitardad
Does the arcsin/cos/tan stuff come up much in C3 exams ?
I really don't understand it D:

Yes :K: What don't you understand?
Original post by frogs r everywhere
Yes :K: What don't you understand?

I mainly just dont get the arc graphs and the range and function type questions involving them :/
hello mathss studentss :biggrin:
Does anyone have good notes on the graph transformations for the modulus and the exponential and natural log functions please
I always have trouble with the range and domain questions, I understand that domain is the values of x and range is the values of y or the funtion, but sometimes I think it could be anything (-infinity to +infinity). Any help guys? Thanks.
Reply 1668
Original post by swahmad
I always have trouble with the range and domain questions, I understand that domain is the values of x and range is the values of y or the funtion, but sometimes I think it could be anything (-infinity to +infinity). Any help guys? Thanks.

I was struggling with those too but I understand it now, you should watch these clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW64wxwPxaw&list=PLDE1FA241351E228C
(edited 10 years ago)
How is everyone feeling about these exams then? They seem to be pretty close now and I've actually not done as much as I would like as I've had all my other exams that need more focus currently :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
How is everyone feeling about these exams then? They seem to be pretty close now and I've actually not done as much as I would like as I've had all my other exams that need more focus currently :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same =/
Original post by swahmad
Same =/

I think I'll just wing C3 as I already have an A in it, just focus more on C4, or try to at least bring my C3 by using the day before to practice, this could go either way though :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'll just wing C3 as I already have an A in it, just focus more on C4, or try to at least bring my C3 by using the day before to practice, this could go either way though :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

C4's going ok for me, but as you said, other exams take priority so I probably don't do as much as I should do for it... Still a few weeks left till that though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, maths isn't top of my priorities right now since I'm practically guaranteed to get my offer grade in it (even though I really wanted an A* :frown:)... In terms of trying to meet my offer, my other subjects need way more effort! I've only done about 3 papers each for C3 resit + C4 so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zaphod77
C4's going ok for me, but as you said, other exams take priority so I probably don't do as much as I should do for it... Still a few weeks left till that though!

It's the same for me as my mock was flawless, so I feel it's given me some more time to dedicate to my other exams, mainly Chemistry as I've got to sit the whole A2 in a few weeks -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1675

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol depends whether you want the A* really.
Reply 1676
Original post by masryboy94
but thats the beauty of AS and A level, most of the marks rely on method rather than the answer, so as much as you might feel you didnt get the 100 UMS, it sounds like you did well so good luck on that !! :biggrin: ... guess so, you try to help, and people go against you :frown: lool oo well, so what you doing now? C4?

Masry I just did C3 January 2007.... And compared to all those Solomon I did it felt like a GCSE Paper.

I know the 2011-2013 ones are a bit more tricky though as they tried to make them harder.

But I think this plan is going to pay off big time!
Original post by suncake
Yeah, maths isn't top of my priorities right now since I'm practically guaranteed to get my offer grade in it (even though I really wanted an A* :frown:)... In terms of trying to meet my offer, my other subjects need way more effort! I've only done about 3 papers each for C3 resit + C4 so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

See mine is pretty critical for my offer, but I feel I will get the A*'s in both Maths and Further Maths, I just need to get the A or A* in Chemistry now and do relatively well in STEP and I'll be set!

It's going to be a hard few weeks left though :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's the same for me as my mock was flawless, so I feel it's given me some more time to dedicate to my other exams, mainly Chemistry as I've got to sit the whole A2 in a few weeks -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! For me it's Biology and FP2 that's causing me the issues... No matter how hard I try FP2 doesn't seem to be getting anywhere :frown: Think I'm going to have to be happy with whatever I can get and aim for 90+ in M2 to get my A* in Further Maths. But C4 I'm fairly happy with, I think I just need to keep going!
Original post by Better
Lol depends whether you want the A* really.

I'm pretty much on target for it anyway as I know all the content and can easily answer the questions, I just wasn't thinking straight in January, otherwise I would've got 100 in that one :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending