The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm pretty much on target for it anyway as I know all the content and can easily answer the questions, I just wasn't thinking straight in January, otherwise I would've got 100 in that one :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's good then mate. Keep up the good work!
Original post by Zaphod77
Good luck! For me it's Biology and FP2 that's causing me the issues... No matter how hard I try FP2 doesn't seem to be getting anywhere :frown: Think I'm going to have to be happy with whatever I can get and aim for 90+ in M2 to get my A* in Further Maths. But C4 I'm fairly happy with, I think I just need to keep going!

Thanks, it'll be needed for these final 9 exams! Also what don't you understand about FP2? I'm starting to see it as being quite straightforward really, but I've had a lot of practice in it so that is probably why.

Lets both go out and nail this M2 in a weeks time!! :biggrin: Also just stick with it all and you'll get the grades you deserve, not much longer now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
See mine is pretty critical for my offer, but I feel I will get the A*'s in both Maths and Further Maths, I just need to get the A or A* in Chemistry now and do relatively well in STEP and I'll be set!

It's going to be a hard few weeks left though :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your offer? :smile: Chemistry's a slight pain in the ass isn't it :lol: I'm sure you'll do great in STEP too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Better
Oh that's good then mate. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, you too and hopefully we'll be celebrating come results day!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suncake
What's your offer? :smile: Chemistry's a slight pain in the ass isn't it :lol: I'm sure you'll do great in STEP too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*'s in both Maths and Further Maths, an A in Chemistry and grade 2 in any STEP paper or Distinction in AEA, so it's quite a task already and yeah, especially when you resit 3 out of the 4 units to try and get this grade!! -.-

Also I'm not sure about STEP as it really will depend on the day and how the papers are, same with AEA really :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, it'll be needed for these final 9 exams! Also what don't you understand about FP2? I'm starting to see it as being quite straightforward really, but I've had a lot of practice in it so that is probably why.

Lets both go out and nail this M2 in a weeks time!! :biggrin: Also just stick with it all and you'll get the grades you deserve, not much longer now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be ok, at least the AS modules of Chemistry tie into the A2 ones :smile: Complex Transformations, I'm rubbish at them. Lucky you, I can do most questions, I just do hundreds of stupid mistakes (ones that I could make in any Maths module but only do in FP2 for some reason). But Complex Transformations I really don't like, I think I need to practise them more... Haha, yeah, I'm happy with how M2's going :smile: Thank you :smile:
Reply 1686
Thanks, you too and hopefully we'll be celebrating come results day!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will drink so much that I won't have enough Brain-Cells to go to UCL.

If I get A*AA or higher - I will literally apply to Transfer to Uni's outside this country.
Original post by Better

If I get A*AA or higher - I will literally apply to Transfer to Uni's outside this country.

Where did you have in mind and wouldn't it be too late at that time to apply for other countries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zaphod77
You'll be ok, at least the AS modules of Chemistry tie into the A2 ones :smile: Complex Transformations, I'm rubbish at them. Lucky you, I can do most questions, I just do hundreds of stupid mistakes (ones that I could make in any Maths module but only do in FP2 for some reason). But Complex Transformations I really don't like, I think I need to practise them more... Haha, yeah, I'm happy with how M2's going :smile: Thank you :smile:

That is true but I had to relearn the content as I forgot it all, even though I carried onto the A2 year -.-

I also don't like them, only really the ones that involve arg's in them as I'm never sure how to transform them :-/ I'm normally okay with the others as it just takes practice really and I seem a lot more confident with all the algebra that is involved in them, just keep going and I'm sure they'll start to click for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1689
Where did you have in mind and wouldn't it be too late at that time to apply for other countries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Transfer. Again it is purely dependant on my Grades, but my Extra-Curricular profile is of a high caliber. It really depends on whether I think it is Feasible come September.

I would only need to take 1 Exam in October during (SAT I), then ask my school to give me a bunch of references.

Top Tier: Harvard, Stanford (Transfer Rate like 2-6%)
Then other ones:
Washington University, University of Chicago, etc

Then again, if I don't get in I intend to have a year abroad anyway, and try again for Masters.
I'm so worried about these exams. I need an A* but I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO unprepared!!! :eek:
Original post by Better

Stanford? :cool:
Original post by TSR_Monique
I'm so worried about these exams. I need an A* but I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO unprepared!!! :eek:

Relax, you still have 2 weeks to prepare for them! :lol:
That is true but I had to relearn the content as I forgot it all, even though I carried onto the A2 year -.-

I also don't like them, only really the ones that involve arg's in them as I'm never sure how to transform them :-/ I'm normally okay with the others as it just takes practice really and I seem a lot more confident with all the algebra that is involved in them, just keep going and I'm sure they'll start to click for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a lot to remember, but most of it is applying the knowledge! Yeah, I just dread those questions now which naturally makes it worse :tongue:
Original post by Better

I don't know why I got so happy after reading that first sentence, that is quite literally the only thing keeping me going right now. The whole binge drinking after it's all over!
Reply 1695
Original post by justinawe
Stanford? :cool:

You know how we do. Let's do this Justin!
Original post by Better
Masry I just did C3 January 2007.... And compared to all those Solomon I did it felt like a GCSE Paper.

I know the 2011-2013 ones are a bit more tricky though as they tried to make them harder.

But I think this plan is going to pay off big time!

I KNOW !! it's definitely paid off with me ! my first soloman paper A for C3 i did i got a low C, by the time i got to soloman paper J i got 100% :eek: and im talking about SOLOMAN lool, i shocked my self when i was marking that paper wow. and yeh definitely having a skim through past papers i felt so much more confident and learnt a few new things i actually didn't know when i sat C3 in Jan so hey i guess there is always room to learn more :wink:.

for the time being though i've stopped C3 and C4 and i'm concentrating on physics mainly, since you would probably agree is a lot of information needed to take in and i think its more difficult as well. Plus the physics unit 2 in next wednesday so i need to go for it !!

But yeh i think is my first time for a long time i feel ready - ISH for maths, again its going to be the silly mistakes i make that will drop me marks. SERIOUSLY NEED TO FIND A SOLUTION FOR THIS !!!

P.S. i gotta thank everyone here on TSR who helped, the way my confidence has boosted so much more :eek:, Wish i knew of TSR and how good it is, i would've used it from the day i got into nursery :tongue: but no seriously thank you all !!!!
Reply 1697
Original post by masryboy94
I KNOW !! it's definitely paid off with me ! my first soloman paper A for C3 i did i got a low C, by the time i got to soloman paper J i got 100% :eek: and im talking about SOLOMAN lool, i shocked my self when i was marking that paper wow. and yeh definitely having a skim through past papers i felt so much more confident and learnt a few new things i actually didn't know when i sat C3 in Jan so hey i guess there is always room to learn more :wink:.

for the time being though i've stopped C3 and C4 and i'm concentrating on physics mainly, since you would probably agree is a lot of information needed to take in and i think its more difficult as well. Plus the physics unit 2 in next wednesday so i need to go for it !!

But yeh i think is my first time for a long time i feel ready - ISH for maths, again its going to be the silly mistakes i make that will drop me marks. SERIOUSLY NEED TO FIND A SOLUTION FOR THIS !!!

P.S. i gotta thank everyone here on TSR who helped, the way my confidence has boosted so much more :eek:, Wish i knew of TSR and how good it is, i would've used it from the day i got into nursery :tongue: but no seriously thank you all !!!!

Haha I was happy reading that! Yeah bro! It's been a real journey. Oh Physics has been my focus because I really want to shock everyone by getting an A*.

Ironically my previously strongest subject is now my weakest Subject (Chemistry) -____-

Yeah true mate, Thanks all of these Maths Freaks on here for being so damn good and so damn helpful!

Cheers guys I really appreciate it.
Original post by Better
Haha I was happy reading that! Yeah bro! It's been a real journey. Oh Physics has been my focus because I really want to shock everyone by getting an A*.

Ironically my previously strongest subject is now my weakest Subject (Chemistry) -____-

Yeah true mate, Thanks all of these Maths Freaks on here for being so damn good and so damn helpful!

Cheers guys I really appreciate it.

haha :P ... yeh it definitely has been a journey. That is also what im hoping to prove and shock everyone especially my physics teacher, but i'm worried phya4 is what's gnna stop that from happening :frown: as soon as im done with wednesday im gonna torture my life for the next 8 days on phya4 ahh !!

when i think about it, if i didn't use TSR i honestly don't think i would've been as motivated and confident as i am now, and most definitely wouldn't of done all the soloman papers, i would've just got careless. but for some reason, when reading and understanding everyone else's situation, you begin to appreciate a lot of things hence push yourself even more.
Whats peoples opinions of the Edexcel 'Revise' C3 or C4 textbooks.. may get one out from the college library wondered what people thought of them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending