The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gary
Never thought of this, I don't think we need to and it's not in the specification either but I guess if your doing a tectonic essay question you can put it in to show synopticity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah thats not a bad idea actually! thanks
Like most things not on the spec, you don't have to know but it could be interesting and useful.
Is Yellowstone a supervolcano? Because you can use it as a case study for both that and hot springs in that case, oh and tourism.

TRIPLE KILL.
Original post by A Wise Ninja
Is Yellowstone a supervolcano? Because you can use it as a case study for both that and hot springs in that case, oh and tourism.

TRIPLE KILL.

Yes it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone or has anyone got an exams of a 40 marker that is based around vulcanicity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1025
Gonna go over my notes on supervolcanoes from gsce, useful synoptic element to put in an essay question :P

P.S thanks for bringing it up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know what you should include when assessing the validity of PT theory, alternative-wise?
I came across this 'hydroplate' theory... A load of rubbish really.

But still... http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/HydroplateOverview2.html
If I got an A at 187 ums at AS which is about 93.5%, what percentage is it I need this year to get an A overall?
Reply 1028
Anyone got the questions and essay options from Jan 2013 for ecosystems, development and globalisation + conflict?
Original post by Ellie_May :)
If I got an A at 187 ums at AS which is about 93.5%, what percentage is it I need this year to get an A overall?

like 66.5%
Original post by Daniel George
like 66.5%

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Thank you :smile:

I think its inevitable that you will get an A!!!
what are the UMS grade boundaries for overall A2 grades?

EDIT: Is it just 70% for a B 80% for an A?
Original post by A Wise Ninja
what are the UMS grade boundaries for overall A2 grades?

EDIT: Is it just 70% for a B 80% for an A?

yeah! raw marks are lower though!
Reply 1034
Was looking through past papers and i recon theirs a high chance for re-urbanisation and susatinable transport to come up for world cities in the 25 marker section but then again you never know xD
Original post by Daniel George
I think its inevitable that you will get an A!!!

Haha i hope so! I need ABB to study BSc Geography at Exeter so am aiming high in every subject atm. There is nothing I want more than getting that uni place!
How many topics have you all learnt? We've covered 4. But I may just learn the 3 needed.
Reply 1037
Does anyone know what we are supposed to learn for the growth in the 21st century part of D&G (I'm teaching myself this topic so I have no notes on it) and I can't find it in the AQA book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1038
Original post by Gary
I only learnt one since im not going to do the ecoysystem 40 marker and thats on the Amazon rainforest, i doubt they will ask you to compare to different fragile enviroments (effects and managment) for a 10 marker cause theirs too much too write about

I'm not going into detail though cos fragile environments came up on January 2013 as the ecosystems 40 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1039
Anyone else banking on urban ecosystems coming up for the ecosystem 40 marker? It hasn't been on for years as an essay or short questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending