The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

this exam.... :afraid:
http://m.youtube.com/user/freeeschool

He does a few bits and pieces for unit 5. It might be helpful to some...
Reply 1462
Original post by master y
this exam.... :afraid:

What's wrong with it?
Original post by Mocking_bird
Yep, was in the mock that we did.

But yeah, either that or you can just bullet point at the end.
But if you know you won't finish it, why don't you just work on your timings before the exam so you dont have to deal with that problem? :P

Ah, good job :smile: Been trying that for the past however many years and I'm just never able to finish a biology paper in time. As for essays, that's a completely different story, so there's no hope for me. Obviously practise will help and I need to stop procrastinating so much and actually try to do some practice instead of complaining. Anyways, thanks for the advice :smile:
Has anyone done any of the old spec papers? If so, which units is it, as I'm yet to start and thought I might save some time instead of looking through each to see which to try.
Reply 1465
Original post by Gulzar
What's wrong with it?

whats not wrong with it :|
Reply 1466
heeey,

I was wondering how you recommend to revise for the essay? because I'm really not sure,

was planning on trying to just learn some general essays off by heart and hope they come but that doesn't seem that sensible,

any ideas?

Original post by Gulzar
What's wrong with it?

Original post by ahmmm

what 'e said.
Reply 1468
anybody got any model essays or know where i could get some from !!?? :biggrin:
Original post by ahmmm
anybody got any model essays or know where i could get some from !!?? :biggrin:

There's one on the aqa website
Reply 1470
Original post by Beth_L_G
There's one on the aqa website

could you post the link?
Hey everyone! Just had a quick regard to a question of DNA technology, in regard to gel electrophoresis. The question asks me to:

Explain why ‘base-pairs’ is a suitable unit for measuring the length of a piece of DNA. (2)

I genuinely couldn't think of two valid points. Just talked rubbish about the molecule of DNA consisting of nucleotides, by which the number of nucleotides present in a strand of DNA corresponds to the number of organic bases. I know that this is definitely wrong, so I was wondering if anybody could suggest any ideas.

My second question continues from this:

Explain why ‘base-pairs’ would not be a suitable unit for measuring the length of a piece of mRNA (1)

Once again, I talked about the fact that DNA may consist of introns whereas mRNA does not, hence the length of the mRNA does not mean that it is representative of the length of a molecule of DNA.

Any ideas for this as well :s
Original post by JoshL123
Hey everyone! Just had a quick regard to a question of DNA technology, in regard to gel electrophoresis. The question asks me to:

Explain why ‘base-pairs’ is a suitable unit for measuring the length of a piece of DNA. (2)

I genuinely couldn't think of two valid points. Just talked rubbish about the molecule of DNA consisting of nucleotides, by which the number of nucleotides present in a strand of DNA corresponds to the number of organic bases. I know that this is definitely wrong, so I was wondering if anybody could suggest any ideas.

Explain why ‘base-pairs’ would not be a suitable unit for measuring the length of a piece of mRNA (1)

Once again, I talked about the fact that DNA may consist of introns whereas mRNA does not, hence the length of the mRNA does not mean that it is representative of the length of a molecule of DNA.

-The distance between base pairs is the same in all the DNA
-The number of base pairs determines the size of the DNA... ?

-yeah i would talk about introns

Where are these questions from?
Reply 1473
Original post by ahmmm

I mean...is it hard to revise for? Hard to understand?
Can anyone help me with chapter 16.4 Genetic engineering please?

I understand how DNA is isolated and cloned but how are the genes then added to crops/animals?
Original post by JoshL123

This is could very wrong but for question 2, couldn't it be because mRNA is a single strand so it would be rather pointless measure the length by base pairs....
Original post by starfish232
This is could very wrong but for question 2, couldn't it be because mRNA is a single strand so it would be rather pointless measure the length by base pairs....

Yeah thats what I thought aswel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1477
can someone please explain the answer to Q 5cii in the jun 2011 paper?
Thanks x
Hey guys!

Nice seeing a few users again here.

Been revising for quite a while, got a C in my first mock, then an A in my second.

Need to do all the past papers! Been focusing mainly on chem/psy/retake atm 5 exams!

Good luck to you all!
Reply 1479
just finshed all 3 past papers - i found the June12 rhe most straight foward, did anyone else feel this too? :smile:

also, does anyone else know any other papers/questions i can do for extra revision? thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending