The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Oooh it also causes strange dreams. Might explain why I dreamed I was in a steampunk universe travelling for 10 years while a plastic dog head on a human body ate people in a village :lolwut:

I hadn't been looking at side effects because I didn't want to start imagining I had every one, but it's somewhat heplful

I found I was worrying more about ones I just made up and weren't even side effects so I found it helpful too. I get the strange dreams too, it's kinda funny actually. Yous sound like a particularly funny dream. XD

Glad it helped a bit :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
I found I was worrying more about ones I just made up and weren't even side effects so I found it helpful too. I get the strange dreams too, it's kinda funny actually. Yous sound like a particularly funny dream. XD

Glad it helped a bit :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Hope you're doing well :jumphug: The strange dreams are weird, I had them on tamiflu as well
I'm on Citalopram have been for a couple of weeks, it started before this though but it went away, it's suddenly come back so maybe the citalopram has aggrovated it?

I've just had a look at it does seem to be a side effect so that's probably why it's so much worse. Thanks, I never even thought of that

New meds can make anxiety and things worse for a few weeks so hang in there if you can for that long and it should get better. Keep an eye on it though. I keep a "Cipralex diary" at the moment to track my side effects and changes to my mood. It's becoming a mostly positive change now so it helps to remind myself :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
New meds can make anxiety and things worse for a few weeks so hang in there if you can for that long and it should get better. Keep an eye on it though. I keep a "Cipralex diary" at the moment to track my side effects and changes to my mood. It's becoming a mostly positive change now so it helps to remind myself :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a really cool idea. Yeah it's mostly positive, I feel a lot better than I did without, it's just sometimes the anxiety is really bad. I have diazepam I'm going to take to see if that helps. Hopefully it'll wear off soon :woo:
Reply 1764
Had a pretty rough night, in the end. Not feeling too good. I just want things to be okay. I just don't ever feel good enough at anything or good enough for anyone and I feel like it's starting to eat me away. Just sick of it. Sick of everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1765
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Happy TSR Bday :awesome:

Thank you! :h: I hope I made a good rookie year :tongue:

Party? :party2::party:
I don't know how I feel any more :frown: Kind of feel like I've already started to give up so why not just go along with it :/
Sort of convincing myself that I won't get in to UCL anyway so what does it matter that I've been doing zero revision....
Mehhh.
I just don't even know what to think or say or feel any more. I have another psychiatrist appointment in just under 2 weeks... I'm hoping things start to pick up by then
Reply 1767
Original post by Anonymous
PRSOM... Glad they're going OK! :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:yay: :dance: :ahee:

Thanks guys!

----

Been crying on my floor for a while (sorry Nut. for the teary call....) cos just saw my mentor and she's "Extremely Concerned" blah blah blah I don't want people to be extremely concerned I just want people to leave me alone. I'm **** scared that people are going to come to my room and check on me and I just really really want to be with someone safe. Trying to compose an email that will convince her not to fill in a crisis alert form, without making it sound even more like I'm in crisis...
Fun day, fun life, just a whole load of fun right?!

No, not really. Meh I give up.
Reply 1769
Original post by -FireFlies-
Fun day, fun life, just a whole load of fun right?!

No, not really. Meh I give up.

:hugs:

Play the air guitar and sing in the shower or something :biggrin:
Reply 1770
I had another massive argument with my mum earlier, she has started drinking whiskey again and she is just a vile creature when she drinks it. She asked me to go to the shop to buy some stuff, which amongst other stuff included 2 bottles of whiskey, anyway I flat out refused to buy the whiskey because of she acts when she drinks it but said I would get everything else. Que how I don't do anything, i'm selfish and when I argued back it moved onto how apparently i'm a disgrace for apparently claiming benefits for an illness I apparently don't have. Anyway in reply I said some thing's I shouldn't have said but in all fairness when you say that kind of thing you open yourself up for pretty much anything.

Anyway we have kinda made up and she comes and asks related to one of the things I said "Did dad turn you against me? I don't understand why you think I am such a horrible person." It's always ****ing someone else who is at fault, never her.. I mean it couldn't be the fact she drinks half a bottle of whiskey a night and turns into a verbally aggressive little **** that makes me dislike her?
(edited 10 years ago)
okay so UWE have said I can go back next year with full support and stuff in place either to restart 2nd year or start from 1st year again to get back up to speed with my studies.

now even more unsure than before about what to do though :s-smilie:

so many decisions to make...gah...
Reply 1772
Feel my mood totally spiralling tonight. I really wish I didn't have to carry on like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can feel a massive crash coming don't knwo what to do :cry:
Hi everyone, sorry I've been away for a bit this week. Had some really troubling thoughts even while away, when I had thought that would help :frown: Not sure where to go from here to be honest

:hugs: for everyone here
Reply 1775
Turns out someone I thought was my friend has actually completely screwed me over. Feel weirdly "meh" about it. Kinda sad, kinda angry, kinda just don't care. Feel a bit like it's my fault and I asked too much of her. Bit like I never fully trusted her anyway so I guess I was right to be wary. **** that she knows so much stuff that I now wish I could erase from her mind, but she is at least bound by confidentiality so it should stay with her to some extent...
Feel really weird and I don't know why. Feel like SHimg even though I have no idea why and I haven't for years. Don't even know if I'm allowed to write this. Just need to vent. Argh **** :frown:
Feel really weird and I don't know why. Feel like SHimg even though I have no idea why and I haven't for years. Don't even know if I'm allowed to write this. Just need to vent. Argh **** :frown:

:hugs: it's probably to do with the meds and anxiety. I was told that mine could make things worse for a while. It'll probably be gone by tomorrow so don't worry yourself anymore. Have a big glass of water and watch something good on tv or something. Just keep yourself busy and you'll be fine.
All here for you if you need to vent anymore. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1778
Original post by asdfgah
Turns out someone I thought was my friend has actually completely screwed me over. Feel weirdly "meh" about it. Kinda sad, kinda angry, kinda just don't care. Feel a bit like it's my fault and I asked too much of her. Bit like I never fully trusted her anyway so I guess I was right to be wary. **** that she knows so much stuff that I now wish I could erase from her mind, but she is at least bound by confidentiality so it should stay with her to some extent...

Really sorry to hear that, hun :hugs: :console: It's awful when you tell people personal things and then things end up badly. It's definitely not your fault, though. I hope things resolve themselves :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
:hugs: it's probably to do with the meds and anxiety. I was told that mine could make things worse for a while. It'll probably be gone by tomorrow so don't worry yourself anymore. Have a big glass of water and watch something good on tv or something. Just keep yourself busy and you'll be fine.
All here for you if you need to vent anymore. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying I'm home alone atm though which I hate when I feel upset it makes me feel really isolated :frown: I hope so, I haven't done it for 2 or 3 years now and really don't wanna do it again.

Every time I feel like that, I try to 'save it' up for when I'm getting my tattoo lol...seems to sort of work, kind of

Latest