The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tssf_skye
We did the Jan paper for a mock! I think that paper was regarded as one of the easier ones at the an A was 71/100, whereas in other papers it has been 64 and 66 etc. :frown:

Oh dear well I've got no chance then I thought it was really hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Love the first unit - I would be happy if there's a 11 marker on water and another one on starch because there was a q asking of the features of starch and I've learnt the exact mark scheme answer so il be happy - love mod1,like mod2 and hate mod 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krishkmistry
Love the first unit - I would be happy if there's a 11 marker on water and another one on starch because there was a q asking of the features of starch and I've learnt the exact mark scheme answer so il be happy - love mod1,like mod2 and hate mod 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

11 marks just on starch? oh lord
Original post by tssf_skye
11 marks just on starch? oh lord

Literally - god I love them questions - for some questions there's just a mark scheme for any time of question so I hope it's that - i just don't want a biodiversity qwc question which I'd hate omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 404
Original post by krishkmistry
Literally - god I love them questions - for some questions there's just a mark scheme for any time of question so I hope it's that - i just don't want a biodiversity qwc question which I'd hate omg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. I hate biodiversity :mad:
Reply 405
What would you write for an 11 mark starch question??!! Someone please help! :s-smilie:
Original post by Elm0
What would you write for an 11 mark starch question??!! Someone please help! :s-smilie:

Aw stop getting worked up - it ain't going to come up most likely - if you know the core facts of glycogen and amylose you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 407
So much biodiversity in January 2012 paper :frown:
Reply 408
I've been revising all week and nothing seems to be going in, I'm just stuck at a C grade average, I'm really starting to panic. Anyone got any advice for what to do? Even though its a few days away :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409
Original post by Lola M
I've been revising all week and nothing seems to be going in, I'm just stuck at a C grade average, I'm really starting to panic. Anyone got any advice for what to do? Even though its a few days away :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop revising read through your notes and calm down and attempt another paper all over whilst concentrating.

Try these notes:
https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1369952784755.pdf
Reply 410
Reply 411
Original post by Heroku
Stop revising read through your notes and calm down and attempt another paper all over whilst concentrating.

Try these notes:
https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1369952784755.pdf

Ok thank you, I'll give it a try :-) really hope Mondays paper isn't too harsh..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 412
Original post by Minz
Is cellulose the only carbohydrate we need to know formed by Beta glucose?

yes :redface:
Reply 413
Original post by Gotzz
I agree. I hate biodiversity :mad:

does anyone like biodiversity? :confused: its sooooo boring :unimpressed:
Original post by Blashnet
does anyone like biodiversity? :confused: its sooooo boring :unimpressed:

Meee! 😎Lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 415
Original post by ladybug.hugsxoxo
Guys I can't remember little details regardless of mind maps notes , videos ! Any tips ? I'm stuck on average of c due to my inability to remember those a/b details 😱 please help .. Please and thankyou ! P.s anybody want to test each other ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This guy's videos are actually quite helpful. It helped me understand some topics that I didn't understand but for revision it's not as good...

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBioTom1/videos
Original post by ThePremierLeague
glycogen is like 'animal starch' its found in all animals and is the carbohydrate for animals whereas amylose and amylopectin are the carbohydrates found in plants

collagen and haemoglobin are both proteins, however collagen is composed of 3 polypeptide chains and haemoglobin is composed of 4 polypeptide chains with a haem group per polypeptide (4 haem groups)

glycosidic bonds are the covalent bonds found between glucose monomers so they are the type of bond which holds together carbohydrates
peptide bonds on the other hand are the type of covalent bond found in protein molecules which hold the amino acids together

hope this helped bro

Yes it did thanks so much!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we need to know the order of all of them?... Domain, Kingdom, phylum...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 418
Original post by RyanMarshall94
Do we need to know the order of all of them?... Domain, Kingdom, phylum...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think so, we had to learn 'Do Keep Ponds Clean Or Frogs Get Sick' to help is memorise it (domain, kingdom, class, order, family, genus, species)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like that way if remembering it, thank you :smile:

Also what are structures and functions of triglycerides, phospholipids and cholesterol? Looking through all my notes and that was where I got confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending