The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asdfgah
Turns out someone I thought was my friend has actually completely screwed me over. Feel weirdly "meh" about it. Kinda sad, kinda angry, kinda just don't care. Feel a bit like it's my fault and I asked too much of her. Bit like I never fully trusted her anyway so I guess I was right to be wary. **** that she knows so much stuff that I now wish I could erase from her mind, but she is at least bound by confidentiality so it should stay with her to some extent...

:hugs: Don't really know anything about the situation, but I'm pretty certain that it's probably not your fault in anyway. I reckon if you can choose I'd rather be angry than blaming myself, but then I find being angry easier to deal with :redface:

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Feel really weird and I don't know why. Don't even know if I'm allowed to write this. Just need to vent. Argh **** :frown:

Was there anything in particular that's made that feeling come back? (if you don't mind my asking that is!) Have you tried doing distraction techniques, or are they not really helpful? :hugs:
Original post by thatsthebadger93

Was there anything in particular that's made that feeling come back? (if you don't mind my asking that is!) Have you tried doing distraction techniques, or are they not really helpful? :hugs:

My aunt has an award ceremony tonight for something she's been nominated for, because she;s done a lot of work for charity but she's terminally ill. I was going to go but we thought it might be too triggering for me, which it would have. So I'm home alone waiting for my dad to come back, and to top it off a bad photo got posted of me online which sounds pathetic but it bothered me and that combined with everything else has upset me for some reason :frown:

I'm also on citalopram and quite new to it so it might be that
I'm trying I'm home alone atm though which I hate when I feel upset it makes me feel really isolated :frown: I hope so, I haven't done it for 2 or 3 years now and really don't wanna do it again.

Every time I feel like that, I try to 'save it' up for when I'm getting my tattoo lol...seems to sort of work, kind of

That's a sneaky plan you have :P I've seen talk of tattoos recently I think. What're you getting?
it's okay you've come really far and just a day or two can't get rid of all of that progress! I try to think of it like the occasional bad days are to remind me how far I've come. :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1783
My aunt has an award ceremony tonight for something she's been nominated for, because she;s done a lot of work for charity but she's terminally ill. I was going to go but we thought it might be too triggering for me, which it would have. So I'm home alone waiting for my dad to come back, and to top it off a bad photo got posted of me online which sounds pathetic but it bothered me and that combined with everything else has upset me for some reason :frown:

Sorry I can't really offer any advice but you sound like in need for some :hugs: and more :hugs:
The picture thing is what caused me to deactivate Facebook about a month and half many months back. It felt good not comparing my life with others for a bit I must say...I did miss it enough to come back on it, but from time to time deactivating it can be helpful for me :smile:
Original post by Kindred
That's a sneaky plan you have :P I've seen talk of tattoos recently I think. What're you getting?
it's okay you've come really far and just a day or two can't get rid of all of that progress! I try to think of it like the occasional bad days are to remind me how far I've come. :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm getting a thigh piece and it's some roses with leaves, but not modern roses I'm getting old English roses in yellow in a traditional tattoo style. I've found my artist and am waiting to book in :biggrin:

That's good way of looking at it. I'm feeling better most days so definitely don;t want this to ruin it. Thank you :smile:

The photo thing isn't pathetic at all, it's bad enough when you're feeling ok, but if you're already feeling **** it real doesn't help. From personal experience when I tried citalopram it really screwed me over when I first started it, so you might have to wait a little while for it to settle down. If your Dads due back soon, do you think you can hold off doing anything til then?
Original post by IDukem
Sorry I can't really offer any advice but you sound like in need for some :hugs: and more :hugs:
The picture thing is what caused me to deactivate Facebook about a month and half many months back. It felt good not comparing my life with others for a bit I must say...I did miss it enough to come back on it, but from time to time deactivating it can be helpful for me :smile:

Thank you :hugs:

Yeah I deactivated mine a while ago because I had some idiots on it, but I've super privated my profile and so now it's not usually a problem, it's just I did some modelling for a friend as a favour and I didn't get to see the photos before they got posted and now everyone's liking this photo of me and I'm like AHHH GET IT OFF. I wouldn't mind but everyone's gonna' see me looking like an idiot. Wouldn't usually bother me but because I already feel **** it's annoying :frown:
The photo thing isn't pathetic at all, it's bad enough when you're feeling ok, but if you're already feeling **** it real doesn't help. From personal experience when I tried citalopram it really screwed me over when I first started it, so you might have to wait a little while for it to settle down. If your Dads due back soon, do you think you can hold off doing anything til then?

Thank you! I should be able to, I'm trying to distract myself which isn't too bad and staying in the room I am as long as possible so I won't get any...silly ideas. Seems to be working. Thank you all for being so nice on here
Reply 1788
Thank you :hugs:

Yeah I deactivated mine a while ago because I had some idiots on it, but I've super privated my profile and so now it's not usually a problem, it's just I did some modelling for a friend as a favour and I didn't get to see the photos before they got posted and now everyone's liking this photo of me and I'm like AHHH GET IT OFF. I wouldn't mind but everyone's gonna' see me looking like an idiot. Wouldn't usually bother me but because I already feel **** it's annoying :frown:

No worries, you just seemed really distressed and I felt like offering digi-hugs :h:

If you're modelling for a friend and people are liking it, then that's usually a good sign with people probably thinking you're attractive :smile: But I understand why it make affect you though as it's probably giving you unwanted attention as i'm like that too :hugs: I guess you could untag yourself from the picture if it is affecting you :smile: Listen to some music but with more of a meaning to it, I find that it helps me release stress sometimes when i do that :hugs:
I'm getting a thigh piece and it's some roses with leaves, but not modern roses I'm getting old English roses in yellow in a traditional tattoo style. I've found my artist and am waiting to book in :biggrin:

That's good way of looking at it. I'm feeling better most days so definitely don;t want this to ruin it. Thank you :smile:

Sounds really nice. Let us know when it's all done? :smile:

And to butt into another post I just noticed...
I'm sorry to hear about you aunt. It's a shame you couldn't go to the ceremony but you made a good choice in playing it safe and its the thought that counts most anyway :smile: I still get upset by photos being posted of me so I get where you're coming from. It's fine though, it won't matter nearly as much to others as it does to you.
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
No worries, you just seemed really distressed and I felt like offering digi-hugs :h:

If you're modelling for a friend and people are liking it, then that's usually a good sign with people probably thinking you're attractive :smile: But I understand why it make affect you though as it's probably giving you unwanted attention as i'm like that too :hugs: I guess you could untag yourself from the picture if it is affecting you :smile: Listen to some music but with more of a meaning to it, I find that it helps me release stress sometimes when i do that :hugs:

Thanks

Yeah it's like I really don't want anyone to see it so instead of making me feel better I'm just thinking oh crap everyone can see this photo of me looking bad. I've hidden it from my profile :ninjagirl: I'm going to do that :smile: My dad's back now so any danger of me doing anything has pretty much gone, when someone's in the house It isn't as bad
Thank you! I should be able to, I'm trying to distract myself which isn't too bad and staying in the room I am as long as possible so I won't get any...silly ideas. Seems to be working. Thank you all for being so nice on here

I spent pretty much my whole day re-arranging my room, to the point where I was alphabetizing my bookshelf, but whatever keeps you busy :smile: Also, just saw your post about your tattoo, it sounds lovely. I've got a couple now, and they've been really helpful with keeping a lid on some of the s.h. stuff.
Original post by Kindred
Sounds really nice. Let us know when it's all done? :smile:

And to butt into another post I just noticed...
I'm sorry to hear about you aunt. It's a shame you couldn't go to the ceremony but you made a good choice in playing it safe and its the thought that counts most anyway :smile: I still get upset by photos being posted of me so I get where you're coming from. It's fine though, it won't matter nearly as much to others as it does to you.
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll post a picture when it's done :smile:

Thanks, yeah it really upsets me, and I know it upsets my mum :frown: I really wanted to go but it requires a hotel stay away from home and I didn't want to risk staying away and having a massive episode in an unfamiliar place which would make it loads worse. I didn't want to ruin it and make it all about me if that makes sense.

Yeah it's like I feel like everyone's staring at me, I know it's stupid but I do :/
I spent pretty much my whole day re-arranging my room, to the point where I was alphabetizing my bookshelf, but whatever keeps you busy :smile: Also, just saw your post about your tattoo, it sounds lovely. I've got a couple now, and they've been really helpful with keeping a lid on some of the s.h. stuff.

I alphebatise my DVDs :ninja:

Thank you. Where do you have yours? I'm really looking forward to getting it, won't be for a few weeks because I'm booking it in June and there;s a 3 week waiting list, but I definitely want it with the artist so I'm gonna wait :smile:
Reply 1794
Thanks

Yeah it's like I really don't want anyone to see it so instead of making me feel better I'm just thinking oh crap everyone can see this photo of me looking bad. I've hidden it from my profile :ninjagirl: I'm going to do that :smile: My dad's back now so any danger of me doing anything has pretty much gone, when someone's in the house It isn't as bad

I'm glad you've found a way of making yourself feel a little better now :h: Well at least you have someone there with you which is the main thing :smile:
Another update from me and wanted some feedback.

Been on prozac for 3 weeks changing from citalopram and it has made my sleep pattern better in the sense I go to bed the same time but the time is late i.e 4.30am

3 times in the last week have tried going to bed around 11-12 and still been awake around 4am then drop off at 4.30

Don't know how to feel about that.
Original post by IDukem
I'm glad you've found a way of making yourself feel a little better now :h: Well at least you have someone there with you which is the main thing :smile:

Thanks for eveyrone on here being so helpful :smile:
I'll post a picture when it's done :smile:

Thanks, yeah it really upsets me, and I know it upsets my mum :frown: I really wanted to go but it requires a hotel stay away from home and I didn't want to risk staying away and having a massive episode in an unfamiliar place which would make it loads worse. I didn't want to ruin it and make it all about me if that makes sense.

Yeah it's like I feel like everyone's staring at me, I know it's stupid but I do :/

Yay! I look forward to it :smile:

It's fine. She'll know you care and that you had a good reason so it's not bad. I hate staying in unfamiliar places at the best of times so if you're feeling a bit more fragile at the moment I can totally sympathise with your decision. The fact that you wanted to go is worth way more than if you didn't want to but still did. It shows you care and that lasts far longer than any ceremony!

It doesn't sound stupid. If you really don't like it you could ask them to remove just that one but it sounds to me like you've handled it very well. Besides, as the other poster said, if you're modelling for a friend and willing to let them post it on fb it shows not only that you must have something worth modelling (sounds slightly more objectifying than its meant to) but also that you've actually got a good deal of courage too. One silly photo won't make people laugh at you or anything. Yeah people will look but when they look they'll be thinking things like "wow that's cool." not about how stupid whatever you're doing is. And besides its just a photo, the current you is somewhere different doing something completely different and can be as silly as they like without anybody there knowing :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1798
Thanks for eveyrone on here being so helpful :smile:

Noooooo worries, if you ever need to chat, i'm a pm away :h:
Original post by Kindred
Yay! I look forward to it :smile:

It's fine. She'll know you care and that you had a good reason so it's not bad. I hate staying in unfamiliar places at the best of times so if you're feeling a bit more fragile at the moment I can totally sympathise with your decision. The fact that you wanted to go is worth way more than if you didn't want to but still did. It shows you care and that lasts far longer than any ceremony!

It doesn't sound stupid. If you really don't like it you could ask them to remove just that one but it sounds to me like you've handled it very well. Besides, as the other poster said, if you're modelling for a friend and willing to let them post it on fb it shows not only that you must have something worth modelling (sounds slightly more objectifying than its meant to) but also that you've actually got a good deal of courage too. One silly photo won't make people laugh at you or anything. Yeah people will look but when they look they'll be thinking things like "wow that's cool." not about how stupid whatever you're doing is. And besides its just a photo, the current you is somewhere different doing something completely different and can be as silly as they like without anybody there knowing :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't think of it in that way before, thanks. I'm going to go to see her somewhere else to make up for it.

It doesn't sound objectifying don't worry. Yeah it's the 'laughing at me' thing, I was bullied pretty severely at school and one of the things they did was take the piss out of some photos of me ALL over social network, so now I'm hyper sensitive to if I think it looks bad, to the point where I will duck out of all photos. I did this as a favour for a friend and to try and make myself get over my stupid fear of photos. I feel a bit better about it so that's something.

Although on another thread I've just been told I have a "helpless depressive attitude" when I was trying to be helpful, thanks :frown:

Latest