The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xmarilynx
Sehr geil, das hat mich zum Lachen gebracht!

Does 'geil' mean the same in Dutch and German!? XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much, I'm very grateful. :smile:
Original post by thatitootoo
Does 'geil' mean the same in Dutch and German!? XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it means a) horny and/or b) awesome then yes :dontknow:

I once told a German I hoped they would find a "geil" roommate. I obviously meant as in really cool, not sure that was the message that came across though...
Reply 1683
Echt wahr xP Ich hatte dich immer blond (vorgestellt?) ich weiß gar nicht warum, weil du sicher kein stereotypische "dumb blond" bist!! :tongue:

Wow :O bad hair days caused by others are trending here! Dare I ask, what your current hair colour is? ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's completely covered with many many strips of a gingery colour, and blonde. I mean seriously. It might have been OK if the colours weren't so far from my brown hair, and if you couldn't still see the brown hair in parts, but not enough parts. It just looks like a mess.
If it means a) horny and/or b) awesome then yes :dontknow:

I once told a German I hoped they would find a "geil" roommate. I obviously meant as in really cool, not sure that was the message that came across though...

Ja, das ist die 'geil' worüber ich dachte!!
LOLOLOL! Double meanings can make hilariously awkward situations :tongue:

Maybe use 'toll' instead?
But then geil is such a cool word to use! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ronove
It's completely covered with many many strips of a gingery colour, and blonde. I mean seriously. It might have been OK if the colours weren't so far from my brown hair, and if you couldn't still see the brown hair in parts, but not enough parts. It just looks like a mess.

Complain to the same salon and get a more senior hairdresser to sort it out.

I had light blonde hair, asked for medium blonde à la taylor swift and ended up looking like carly rae whateverhernameis. The salon were more than happy to fix it, so don't just suffer in silence :hugs:
Echt wahr xP Ich hatte dich immer blond (vorgestellt?) ich weiß gar nicht warum, weil du sicher kein stereotypische "dumb blond" bist!! :tongue:

Wow :O bad hair days caused by others are trending here! Dare I ask, what your current hair colour is? ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you did it to yourself?
Original post by Ronove

Ooh! :eek: I hope you had a word with her senior, after that catastrophy! And will atleast have your next appointment to 'rectify' your hair done for free! You really don't need this right now!!! xp

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden
I thought you did it to yourself?

Wie könnte ich das tun!? Das ist nicht möglich!
Ich halte mein Barber an der nächsten Ecke, völlig für reponsibel :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wie könnte ich das tun!? Das ist nicht möglich!
Ich halte mein Barber an der nächsten Ecke, völlig für reponsibel :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought you'd done it with some of those electric hair-clippers. Once, my sister-in-law trimmed her husband's hair on the wrong setting with theirs!
Original post by Octopus_Garden
I thought you'd done it with some of those electric hair-clippers. Once, my sister-in-law trimmed her husband's hair on the wrong setting with theirs!

Nein, das würde mich zu lange dauern, weil ich schlecht ohne meine Brille sehen kann! Lol das ist sehr leicht, zu tun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1691
Complain to the same salon and get a more senior hairdresser to sort it out.

I had light blonde hair, asked for medium blonde à la taylor swift and ended up looking like carly rae whateverhernameis. The salon were more than happy to fix it, so don't just suffer in silence :hugs:

Ooh! :eek: I hope you had a word with her senior, after that catastrophy! And will atleast have your next appointment to 'rectify' your hair done for free! You really don't need this right now!!! xp

Posted from TSR Mobile

I complained immediately, and the hairdresser became aggressive and rude immediately - and even laughed at me and kept aggressively asking me 'what did you expect? what did you think you were getting? you chose the colours' etc, and even rolled her eyes. These latter to the owner, who was there at this point, and who eventually told her to shut up.

I had said I wanted highlights like those that were already in the lower portion of my hair, to just add some warmth to the dark brown. These highlights are very subtle. I selected a coppery colour, she said it would be too dark and not show up, and selected two other colours - which I agreed to, while saying 'if you think that will work' etc. So no, you picked the colours. I expect you to know what it will ****ing look like and say something if this does not even slightly match up with what I'm asking for - but I get the impression she didn't even know what it would turn out like. Shortly after starting to mix the colour she came and said that it needed 'toning' to stop any yellowy or orange colours happening because I had dark hair, and it would cost 200kr (~£25) extra. This, where I am paying with a gift certificate for a cut, highlights, scalp massage etc at a price of 1300kr - about £150. Nowhere on this voucher does it say 'unless you're a brunette'. I immediately felt like I was being scammed at this point. Anyway, I was obviously under pressure as she'd lopped some of my hair off already to save on colour, and I didn't want to irritate the person with the scissors, so I said yes. She asked whether I wanted the all-over highlight effect, or 'stripes', so I said stripes. I didn't want to lose the base colour too much.

So as soon as the colour is washed out, I notice that this is the first time I've ever had highlights where I can see huge amounts of blonde hair despite my hair still being wet. Alarm bells, anyone? I said as much to her in a kind of pointed-while-light-hearted comment, and once she had dried it she even said 'oh, your hair is pretty much the same colour as mine now' (the majority of her hair was bright blonde). How it didn't occur to her at this point that this was nothing like what I had asked for, I don't know.

Anyway, I didn't want to cause a problem while she still had to cut my hair, and I figured it would look slightly better once it was straightened and cut nicely, so I waited patiently. Her 'layers' were ****ing appalling. I had to get her to change the bottom one because it looked so bad. I do not expect to have to instruct my hairdresser on how to cut hair.

At the end, during the confrontation, when I inevitably started crying because she was being so ****ing rude to me, even the owner then tried to condescend and make out like I was just a customer who shouldn't have had her hair coloured and didn't know what it involved, even though I had stated repeatedly that I had had highlights multiple times, had pointed out the highlights that were already there and somewhat faded, and that my hair looked absolutely nothing like what I had asked for. Not only does the colour not suit me in the slightest, it just looks so horrifically amateur. The colours are far too far from each other and create a kind of mish-mash colourless effect. Aquafresh stripe effect - the highlights are on the top layers but don't even reach the roots so I already have a dark scalp, I could go on. In the end (after attempting to brush this away by patronising me some more), the owner offered to let me come back and have some lowlights put in to calm it down. I explained that I really did not feel comfortable about returning to that place, and did not expect to have a pleasant experience - she said she'd get one of the other girls to do it, but I said I still didn't want to have my hair cut or coloured there again. She gave me her card so I could ring back. I'm quite pissed off that it didn't occur to me to just ask for the money for the voucher back.

As I left, another customer who had been in there at the time caught up with us and explained how awful the place was, and how she had literally just been in there to have her hair corrected after having had my hairdresser the last time - and how she regretted going back and giving it another go. She gave me the number for another hairdresser somewhere else, which I may use if I can find the money to sort this out. In the meantime, I'm coping with it and considering getting a box colour from the supermarket and just putting that over it. There is no chance in hell I am ever going back to that joke of a salon.

Edit: Just thought I'd mention for any people in Copenhagen looking for a haircut that this was Simply the Beth in Fisketorvet, given that they seem to have moved recently and the only reviews (90% of them awful) are on the Facebook page where I bought the voucher - their trustpilot.dk page is completely empty. Not sure what trickery they've got up to, whether they've been able to just delete an old entry on it. I highly doubt any previous entry they might have had was not packed full of terrible reviews.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ronove

:console: I've had some bad haircuts but yours sounds horrific (the experience, can't comment on the hair)

I'd just die it brown yourself, and... I can't offer advice, I'm a guy :s-smilie:

Tu devrais porter tes cheveux dans * a ponytail? Of sorts... Maybe thatll disguise it.
Reply 1693
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:console: I've had some bad haircuts but yours sounds horrific (the experience, can't comment on the hair)

I'd just die it brown yourself, and... I can't offer advice, I'm a guy :s-smilie:

Tu devrais porter tes cheveux dans * a ponytail? Of sorts... Maybe thatll disguise it.

Yeah, ponytail helps a bit. :smile: It's really annoying cos I'm applying for jobs right now and I don't want to be judged on what people might think was... a choice I made... :tongue:
Original post by Ronove
Yeah, ponytail helps a bit. :smile: It's really annoying cos I'm applying for jobs right now and I don't want to be judged on what people might think was... a choice I made... :tongue:

Wear a headscarf? Or a :ninja: kind of mask...

Hmmm... Je ne sais pas quoi conseiller... Oh wait, do you speak French again? You speak so many it's hard :colondollar:

Bien que, ils sachent (devraient savent...) qu'un livre ne devrait pas jugé a été par sa couverture... (don't know if the French have an idiom for that)
Reply 1695
Wear a headscarf? Or a :ninja: kind of mask...

Hmmm... Je ne sais pas quoi conseiller... Oh wait, do you speak French again? You speak so many it's hard :colondollar:

Bien que, ils sachent (devraient savent...) qu'un livre ne devrait pas jugé a été par sa couverture... (don't know if the French have an idiom for that)

Well the company I've got an interview with on Monday (yay!) has a policy of no headscarves, lol - so that wouldn't go down too well.

I'm not sure I'd say I speak French... read it though, sure. :tongue: I read your idiom and was all intrigued by learning the French version - and then got to the end of the sentence and was disappointed. :tongue:
Original post by Ronove
Well the company I've got an interview with on Monday (yay!) has a policy of no headscarves, lol - so that wouldn't go down too well.

I'm not sure I'd say I speak French... read it though, sure. :tongue: I read your idiom and was all intrigued by learning the French version - and then got to the end of the sentence and was disappointed. :tongue:

:mmm: :rofl: why is that? Health and Safety or...?

Je suis désolé :emo: je trouverai une idiome pour ça :h:

It's:

Il ne faut pas juger les gens sur la mine :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1697
:mmm: :rofl: why is that? Health and Safety or...?

Je suis désolé :emo: je trouverai une idiome pour ça :h:

It's:

Il ne faut pas juger les gens sur la mine :smile:

Headgear is just not part of the uniform, so no form of such is allowed. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it myself.

I'm a big fan of keeping religious symbols out of the workplace - it pisses me off when someone insists on wearing a giant cross around their neck for example. Most of the time it's not just for yourself, it's to show that you're part of a specific group, which is divisive and unnecessary.

The headscarf however is seen as obligatory by many people (or imposed as such by family members), so I'm not quite sure.
Original post by Ronove
Headgear is just not part of the uniform, so no form of such is allowed. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it myself.

I'm a big fan of keeping religious symbols out of the workplace - it pisses me off when someone insists on wearing a giant cross around their neck for example. Most of the time it's not just for yourself, it's to show that you're part of a specific group, which is divisive and unnecessary.

The headscarf however is seen as obligatory by many people (or imposed as such by family members), so I'm not quite sure.

Les gens, qui doivent les "head scarves"... Ils devraient avoir le droit en porter... Cependant, si les "headscarves" sont un danger, puis, ils n'y peuvent travailler pas... C'est ça...

A large cross isn't obligatory, I wouldn't mind them wearing one under their clothes, or even showing, as long as it wasnt a health hazard or a "statement"
Reply 1699
Les gens, qui doivent les "head scarves"... Ils devraient avoir le droit en porter... Cependant, si les "headscarves" sont un danger, puis, ils n'y peuvent travailler pas... C'est ça...

A large cross isn't obligatory, I wouldn't mind them wearing one under their clothes, or even showing, as long as it wasnt a health hazard or a "statement"

I think in French they use 'le voile' or 'le foulard'. :smile: Or just le hijab, presumably.

I don't think it's that simple. This isn't something I'll be able to argue a side on for a very long time though, I feel.

Latest

Trending

Trending