The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Made this table of past grade boundaries, and I used a trend function to estimate the grade boundaries for this year, eliminating the anomalous June 2009 boundaries, as they were unusually high. Table is attached.
Original post by anonymouse01
Yeah but there was already another thread. Anyway

Q3 jan 09 thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh! That was a thread I posted and it has some useless things like my joke. So, few people would visit that post. This one will only be on physics unit 2. You need help on the question? I think yes. Ok lets start. Q3 jan 2009 AQA, is asking for to state Hooke's law. Answer: You can say,(f=kl) force is proportional to stiffness times the extension up to the limit of proportionality/elastic limit. Is there any other question you need help with? And yeah, How the hell did you get your reputation soo bad?
(edited 10 years ago)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SortYourLife
Please can you send? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have posted them above?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 224
anyone got the june 2009 paper? the aqa website seems to be missing it for some reason
I'm a hater and I get hated for being a hater.
Wait... That thread was a joke? I actually helped you.
Also. Thanks. What a out jan 08 q4 5 and jan 09 q2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonymouse01
I'm a hater and I get hated for being a hater.
Wait... That thread was a joke? I actually helped you.
Also. Thanks. What a out jan 08 q4 5 and jan 09 q2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I know you helped me but remember I posted 2 readable jokes. Anyway, Do you need any more help? Sorry, I did not understand the last line.And I do not hate you at all.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 229
for double slit interference patterns, is it true that for shorter wavelength light, the bright fringes (maximas) would be wider and the dark fringes (minimas) would be thinner? (and the opposite for longer wavelength light)

I just know that fringe spacing would be bigger. Btw, does the fringe spacing equation apply to both bright and dark fringes, or only bright fringes?
Does anyone have the Jan 2009 paper? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA2-W-QP-JUN11.PDF

Can someone explain the curve ins 1aii? Thanks
Reply 233
Original post by BenChard
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA2-W-QP-JUN11.PDF

Can someone explain the curve ins 1aii? Thanks

Y axis v, x axis time. Gradient is v/t which is acceleration. Acceleration is constant so what does this tell you about the line?
Reply 235
Original post by Jack93o
didn't know there was a january paper in 2009

Me neither, its only when you guys asked I checked haha thanks :biggrin:

I imagine a lot of the people sitting the exam don't know!
can anyone help with June 2010 Q1C?
Original post by eilish1903

This is jut rough aha:

You'd have two wires of equal length (measured with a ruler) suspended, measuring the diameter of the one you want to determine youngs modulus for with a micrometer, in several places to get an average

You'd have a set of weights to apply a force to the wire you want to determine the Young's modulus for, the other wire is purely for control, due to temperature changes or whatever.

You'd apply different forces and note down the force applied and the extension of the wire, measured with the one I've forgotten the name of, starts with a v maybe? And take a few readings with an average found

Do this for at least 6 forces.

Plot a graph of force on the y axis and extension on the x, should be a straight line.

Young's modulus is (force*original length) / (extension*cross sectionalarea)

You'd find the area using the diameter before and A=(Pi) r^2 for a circle.

The gradient of the graph sorts out the force over extension, so you'd take the gradient, multiply by the original length of the wire, and divide by the cross sectional area :smile:

Something like that anyways, there may be more points you need to get in
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest