The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nursing students - Halls??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy058
Hi Everyone, when applying for accommodation at Raleigh Park do you choose the undergraduate or medical student option? I was wondering if by medical they were including all medical related courses because I know people have said they try to put nurses together?

I chose Medical :smile: I think it's so they can put you with other students that will appreciate the getting up early/getting back late kind of thing :smile:

What i'm confused about is why I only get the options of 3/4 bed - standard, and normal standard. I read somewhere that nursing students can't apply for the house or en suites and I don't know why? :s-smilie: I wanted to apply for the house.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by BananaWhale
I chose Medical :smile: I think it's so they can put you with other students that will appreciate the getting up early/getting back late kind of thing :smile:

What i'm confused about is why I only get the options of 3/4 bed - standard, and normal standard. I read somewhere that nursing students can't apply for the house or en suites and I don't know why? :s-smilie: I wanted to apply for the house.

I just put down undergraduate in the end, but I did put that I was doing a nursing course, so hopefully they will take that into consideration. I have ended up in Madison Court and I think so other nursing students are there as well so hopefully it will be alright :/ I'm not sure either, I did not really look into the houses though.
Reply 22
Original post by GMR7
It looks like I'm the ony one who's put Broadgate as their first choice! I hope I haven't got this all completely wrong else my first year could be a nightmare!

Hiiiiiii I've applied to broad gate park as my first tooooo so don't panic haha!!!
Original post by Lucy058
I just put down undergraduate in the end, but I did put that I was doing a nursing course, so hopefully they will take that into consideration. I have ended up in Madison Court and I think so other nursing students are there as well so hopefully it will be alright :/ I'm not sure either, I did not really look into the houses though.

Hey, I noticed that you have been put into Madison Court, I've been put in Madison Court too :smile: What type of nursing will you be doing in September?
Reply 24
Original post by Catherine_8
Hey, I noticed that you have been put into Madison Court, I've been put in Madison Court too :smile: What type of nursing will you be doing in September?

Where's Madison court ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lukestar
Where's Madison court ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Madison Court is part of Raleigh Park accommodation
Reply 26
Oh okay fair enough maybe I choose the wrong place to stay as I'm in St. Peter's court and I'm doing nursing I'm so stupid ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy058

I emailed them and they said to put Medical, but I'm sure it wont matter now you've specified you're doing nursing :smile: Have you been told what flat you're in? I'm in Flat 7 Block 1, Third Floor.
Reply 28
Original post by Lukestar
Oh okay fair enough maybe I choose the wrong place to stay as I'm in St. Peter's court and I'm doing nursing I'm so stupid ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

My offers conditional so I'm not 100% but fingers crossed I do get in, I'll be staying in st.peters too :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by T-Price
My offers conditional so I'm not 100% but fingers crossed I do get in, I'll be staying in st.peters too :smile:

Mine to :smile: but I'm 98% done with college and I know my grades already because I do a BTEC :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I messed up on my chemistry exam yesterday, I don't think i'll be coming to Nottingham anymore :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by BananaWhale
I messed up on my chemistry exam yesterday, I don't think i'll be coming to Nottingham anymore :frown:

Don't put yourself down you never know, Nottingham maybe flexible but for now just wait until results day and if it's meant to be then its meant to be but please don't overthink about it because you don't truly know what the future holds for you :smile: if you need a chat or anything then message me and I'll try my best to help you but just be glad it's out of the way and over for chemistry !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by VictoriaParry
I don't know much about Raleigh Park but it wasn't one for me I think it was to do with en-suites.
can you have en-suite rooms there? because I had that down as a must especially with doing nursing if room mates are out the night before you need to be up and hogging the bathroom :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, How is St Peters Court? Distance? are you with other nurses?
Really can't decide between SPC or Raleigh Park... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending