The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by theskiesthelimit
Firmed Criminology! Haven't found anyone else doing Criminology yet though..

I am!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 281
Original post by shadowdweller

Same :smile: Working or travelling? Hoping we're not the only ones :wink:
Does anyone know whether the rooms in Telford are WHB? Thanks.
Original post by Smhark110
Does anyone know whether the rooms in Telford are WHB? Thanks.

Yes they are

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/campus-living/accommodation/halls/telford/
Thanks TNP.
Reply 285
Anyone firmed economics? :smile:

Could someone shed some light on the situation with Telford moving into Village Court, Faraday moving into Telford and what's happening to Falk-Egg on tour? It's all very confusing and I'm confused. Cheers :smile:
Original post by jbundy95
Anyone firmed economics? :smile:

Could someone shed some light on the situation with Telford moving into Village Court, Faraday moving into Telford and what's happening to Falk-Egg on tour? It's all very confusing and I'm confused. Cheers :smile:

I have firmed economics :smile: And I've got halls in Falk-Egg. You've got it all correct, Falk-Egg was in Village Court while it was being renovated and is opening this September newly refurbished, back in the original block. If you check out its individual page on the website it has some design pictures. It is confusing to begin haha!
So disappointed..Had to go through the preference system cos there were no self catered en-suites left and I logged in at exactly 9am :frown:
Reply 288
Original post by elliewoodheadx
Here!

Awesome. Hope you're ready for freshers! Although Cayley may not look like one of the most appealing halls, it's the most fun halls. I have friends at Lboro who have told me not to worry.
Reply 289
Original post by LostButFound
So disappointed..Had to go through the preference system cos there were no self catered en-suites left and I logged in at exactly 9am :frown:

Join the club. It was so annoying I was ready from half 8 and the website crashed on me at 9 and that was I I missed out.
Hey guys, I'm doing Retailing, Marketing and Management and have just reserved a standard room in William Morris...anyone joining me in either of those??? :smile:
Original post by asmart21
The village, self-catered and en-suite and then the same but just a standard room. And then east, self-catered and en-suite. Here's hoping. The whole process was the most stressful morning!! What course are you doing?

ah that's the exact same as what I put!
heard they put all the girls together for Thursdays, and girls want ensuites so they went a lot quicker than if they mixed girls and boys -.-

I'm doing economics :smile: you?
Managed to get Robert Bakewell!- Im doing Management Science. The only put off is that I don't drink or party, and Bakewell is renown for that- that said, all halls are like that! anyone joining me?!!!!!
Reply 293
Original post by dholmes2013
Hey guys, I'm doing Retailing, Marketing and Management and have just reserved a standard room in William Morris...anyone joining me in either of those??? :smile:

Me to with the course, but last minute decided on bakewell instead!
Reply 294
Original post by JessicaGarlai
ah that's the exact same as what I put!
heard they put all the girls together for Thursdays, and girls want ensuites so they went a lot quicker than if they mixed girls and boys -.-

I'm doing economics :smile: you?

Yeah it doesn't make any sense to me!! I'm sulking slightly less today, what will be, will be! I'm doing Human Biology.
Reply 295
Anyone else in Falk-Egg? I was disappointed that I couldn't get Bakewell / Rigg-Rutt, but now I just feel a bit like Gatsby!
Original post by ..Tatty..
Same :smile: Working or travelling? Hoping we're not the only ones :wink:

Working, you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel you, same happened to me, I feel like I wasted waking up that early :frown:
Reply 298

Original post by Mugiwaraniazi
I feel you, same happened to me, I feel like I wasted waking up that early :frown:

Same here and went for preference system, It sucks to be the ones to choose on 31st.... :frown:

also for people who used the preference system, when is the earlier we will get the replies? will it be after the results? the email was not very clear
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Elevon
Same here and went for preference system, It sucks to be the ones to choose on 31st.... :frown:

also for people who used the preference system, when is the earlier we will get the replies? will it be after the results? the email was not very clear

Your odds of getting the room you want aren't affected by what day you get, they set aside a share of the rooms for each day. It's not like the people who applied on Tuesday got the pick of everything, then Wednesday people take the best of what's left, then by Thursday and Friday there's like three places to choose from :nah: Some of the most popular halls fill up the rooms they've got available that day within about 15 minutes though, so you have to be quick and a bit lucky.

I believe it's after results :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending