The Student Room Group

Edexcel - Chemistry Unit 2 - 4 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Goods
I missed up the oscilloscope and a few electricity bits but I think I did quite well. I didn't really like the 6 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh , but im talking about the unit 1 paper lol , i messed up in it:frown:
Reply 401
Original post by Jayqwe
I posted both yesterday either in this thread or another one

can u please post t for me again , cuz i really have to go through21 pages and theirs no time ,,, please:colondollar: thanks
Reply 402
Someone please help
Original post by Katy1704
Hello :smile: I'm confused on question 17fii on the May 2011 paper. What apparatus is the mark scheme looking for? (If you have a page number in the edexcel textbook would be very helpful so I can see it) thank you
hey all, does anyone understand this:

during the titration, the barium hydroxide was added until it was present in excess. the electrical conductivity of the titration mixture:

A: increased steadily
B: decreased steadily
C: increased then decreased
D: decreased and then increased

The answer is D but does anyone know why??
Reply 404
Original post by Mimi85
can u please post t for me again , cuz i really have to go through21 pages and theirs no time ,,, please:colondollar: thanks

It's either on the page before this one, or the one before that. It would take 2 mins to find it. I worry for you if this is the attitude you take towards your revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 405
Original post by charlieejobson
hey all, does anyone understand this:

during the titration, the barium hydroxide was added until it was present in excess. the electrical conductivity of the titration mixture:

A: increased steadily
B: decreased steadily
C: increased then decreased
D: decreased and then increased

The answer is D but does anyone know why??

Barium hydroxide reacts to produce something that's not soluble i guess. Therefore the number of aqueous ions decreases then as barium goes into excess the number of ions increases. The whole question would help though I can only guess not knowing the titre and samples

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 406
Original post by Mimi85
oh , but im talking about the unit 1 paper lol , i messed up in it:frown:

I do AQA must be different boards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 407
Original post by Katy1704
Someone please help

Post the question please I can't help without something to answer :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 408
Original post by Goods
Barium hydroxide reacts to produce something that's not soluble i guess. Therefore the number of aqueous ions decreases then as barium goes into excess the number of ions increases. The whole question would help though I can only guess not knowing the titre and samples

Posted from TSR Mobile

Helpp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409

the electric conductivity of a solution depends on the numbers of dissolved ions. When the barium hydroxide is added it reacts with the dissolve ions to form a solid therefore reducing the number of ions and the conductivity. When you start adding it in excess you and more ions therefore increasing the conductivity. So decrease then increase
Reply 410
Sorry guys, I need an answer to this question. Are we required to know unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 411
Original post by senz72
Sorry guys, I need an answer to this question. Are we required to know unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes
Reply 412
Original post by Goods
the electric conductivity of a solution depends on the numbers of dissolved ions. When the barium hydroxide is added it reacts with the dissolve ions to form a solid therefore reducing the number of ions and the conductivity. When you start adding it in excess you and more ions therefore increasing the conductivity. So decrease then increase

Thank youuu :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 413
Original post by Goods
yes

Well I'm screwed. All of it or just a few specifics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 414
Original post by senz72
Well I'm screwed. All of it or just a few specifics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to know all the basics that are used in unit 2 questions. Like acid + metal = salt + h2 that kind of simple stuff.
Reply 415
Original post by Goods
You need to know all the basics that are used in unit 2 questions. Like acid + metal = salt + h2 that kind of simple stuff.

Thanks. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is everyones revision going today?
Reply 417
Original post by HarryMWilliams
How is everyones revision going today?

No progress for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
No progress for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you 'stuck'? :s-smilie:
Reply 419
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Where are you 'stuck'? :s-smilie:

Just the whole halogenoalkane mechanism business?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending