Reply 1220
Just making sure, does all of these come under plate tectonic theory?:

earths structure
convection currents
sea floor spreading
Alfred wegner and his theory of continental drift
evidence for conntinental drift: geology, fossil, climate
Palaeomagenetism
How likely are depressions/anticyclones for weather?
Original post by Gary
Just making sure, does all of these come under plate tectonic theory?:

background knowledge sureearths structure
theory convection currents
evidence/theory sea floor spreading
theory Alfred wegner and his theory of continental drift
evidence for continental drift: geology, fossil, climate
evidence Palaeomagenetism

the theory of plate tonics says that the earth is divided into seven large plates, several smaller. They are able to move over the semi-plastic asthenosphere by convection currents that occur within the mantle.

they all link together anyway :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1223
NEED A PEACEFUL SEPARATISM CASE STUDY PLZ!!!!
Can someone send me a word file/webpage that is good :/?

Cheers
sorry having a panic here! could someone plz post the date and time of unit 3 and 4 for me? would be greatly appreciated
Original post by rosiesaurus
Are you doing geography at Uni? I was going to, but I'm so glad I also applied for geology! Are you OCR or WJEC for geology? :smile:

Yes, Geography at Cambridge should I be so lucky as to get an A*. OCR Geology for me :smile:
Reply 1226
What do we have to know for oceanic circulation, is it just the general pattern? or do we have to know the ocean conveyor belt as well?
Original post by Axion

Cheers

Scottish independence- can find plenty online
Original post by ontnorth
What do we have to know for oceanic circulation, is it just the general pattern? or do we have to know the ocean conveyor belt as well?

I think you jusy need to know how it agfects climate :smile: e.g cold labrador current makes new york cold and gulf stream is watm and makes us warm. So even thpugh we're on the same ish latitude, very different weather :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Axion

Cheers

do we even need one? arghh! just use scotland and the 2014 referendum on independence :P
what impact does the introduction of species have on an ecosystem? 8 marks

Reply 1231
lolololol trying to learn 15 numbers per case study is as effective as trying to cut steel with a leaf
Reply 1232
Just did a essay question under timed conditions and managed to write 4 sides of A4, god my arm is killing D:
Original post by Axion
lolololol trying to learn 15 numbers per case study is as effective as trying to cut steel with a leaf

case studies suck! :frown:
Does anyone know what came up in Jan 2013?
Reply 1235
Original post by Gary
Just did a essay question under timed conditions and managed to write 4 sides of A4, god my arm is killing D:

how long did it take?
How is everyone going to do the exam? Structured/structured/essay?
Reply 1237
Original post by Axion
how long did it take?

58min 32 sec to be exact :P
Original post by Axion
how long did it take?

an hour is the guidline for an essay - I think it's okay as I do history and you write the same amount in about 40 minutes - I would give it 5-10 minutes plan - preferably 5 minutes, as that should be sufficient :smile: the tendency is to waffle which I am avoiding doing - I'm doing it like a collection of short answers - I know sounds strange but it works...(so imagine each point you do is an 8 mark answer) that way you won't waffle :smile:
Original post by St. Brynjar
How is everyone going to do the exam? Structured/structured/essay?

structured, essay, most difficult structured :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending