The Student Room Group

OCR A2 ICT G063 exam - 11 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What do you guys think is going to come up this year??
Reply 41
Original post by waldt1
Here's the Jan 2013 Paper and Mark scheme
Good Luck GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by hvanheerden1
Thanks for that, you don't happen to have the AS paper or know where I can get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put it on the G061 forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2349709&p=42867653
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
Any ideas on what will come up this year?
Reply 44
Original post by akspop
Any ideas on what will come up this year?

Unfortunately there is no real way of identifying what may or may not come up. I think that anything could come up and therefore it is best to revise everything.

I hope that there are no questions about the Model Human Processor or Mental Models. They confuse me massively.
Reply 45
Original post by sophielee123
how lonnngggg and borrringg is chapter 3 yaaawwwwn

Original post by al0
Chapter 3 and 4 are the worst, by far!

agreed lol
Original post by Anon217
agreed lol

haha sometimes moaning does us good :wink: had the AS resit today what a horrible paper :/ dont no if anyone else did? And yup its taken me a week to revise chapter 3 and i still cant remember it hahah x
Original post by waldt1
Here's the Jan 2013 Paper and Mark scheme
Good Luck GUYS!!!!!!!!!

thank you, little star
Reply 48
Original post by sophielee123
haha sometimes moaning does us good :wink: had the AS resit today what a horrible paper :/ dont no if anyone else did? And yup its taken me a week to revise chapter 3 and i still cant remember it hahah x

Agree with you there Chapter 3 is awful :unimpressed:.
Reply 49
Original post by Anon217
agreed lol

chapter 3 is the best one its the most interesting just need to learn the facts
Original post by joel@ict
chapter 3 is the best one its the most interesting just need to learn the facts

do you think? thats good least you will remember it cos you like it, i think chapter 4 is the best all the rest need to go do one ha
Anyone got any notes?
Hi,

I agree with most of you that Unit 3 seems to be the least interesting and one of the longest units.

I am using teach ict and past papers to revise - so far so good!

How is everyone elses revision going?
Original post by chriswilkinson
Hi,

I agree with most of you that Unit 3 seems to be the least interesting and one of the longest units.

I am using teach ict and past papers to revise - so far so good!

How is everyone elses revision going?

soooo horrible :frown: I've learnt nothing this year :frown:
really need an A
Can anyone help me with 'resolving many to many relationships'?! I have come across it twice now in past exams and I haven't a clue what it means!
Reply 55
Can anyone help me with 'resolving many to many relationships'?! I have come across it twice now in past exams and I haven't a clue what it means!

You cannot implement a many to many relationship directly in a database.(nor in real life things tend to get messy) Instead you need to create a third, 'link' entity that helps relate the main two entities together. The new entity needs to include a foreign key from each entity.
Also if anyone has any help/notes for data flow/CPA diagrams that would be fantastic! I have been teaching myself G063 since my teacher fell ill in December so any help is appreciated!!
Original post by joel@ict
You cannot implement a many to many relationship directly in a database.(nor in real life things tend to get messy) Instead you need to create a third, 'link' entity that helps relate the main two entities together. The new entity needs to include a foreign key from each entity.

So in answering the question, do you have to just say 'a new entity' or do you have to physically think up a new entity? Oh and thank you!
Reply 58
So in answering the question, do you have to just say 'a new entity' or do you have to physically think up a new entity? Oh and thank you!

if you have to draw the ERD then the mark scheme will be as below so you label the new entity but it does not matter what you call it:

new entity in correct location (1)
correct degree of relationship between TABLE and new entity and new entity and CUSTOMER (1)
Has anyone got any written notes on G063 that they could possibly send me? Id would be soooo appreciated!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending