The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joe7
Definitely. Your B3 score will give you a strong A* of at least 95 UMS, and your ISA will give you somewhere between 84 and 94 UMS. In the worst case scenario, if you've done as well in B3 as you think you have, you will achieve 362 UMS overall which is an A*, just.

You're not really retaking B1 are you?

I am, well I thought i'd done really bad in the ISA :/
Original post by Joe7
Definitely. Your B3 score will give you a strong A* of at least 95 UMS, and your ISA will give you somewhere between 84 and 94 UMS. In the worst case scenario, if you've done as well in B3 as you think you have, you will achieve 362 UMS overall which is an A*, just.

You're not really retaking B1 are you?

how do you manage to get 97 ums ?
Original post by Midnight1811
how do you manage to get 97 ums ?

1 mark in the exam isn't worth (100/60) of a UMS. AQA has a calculator here which says that for B1 in Jan 2012, 97 UMS was 54 raw marks.
Original post by the1akshay
1 mark in the exam isn't worth (100/60) of a UMS. AQA has a calculator here which says that for B1 in Jan 2012, 97 UMS was 54 raw marks.

I did the exam june 2012 btw
Original post by the1akshay

nice one, what i meant was how did you get 54/60 ? What was your preparation for the exam like ? Because I revised but my exam technique is rubbish.

How can I perfect it
hey everyone, is the C3 paper released yet? :biggrin:
Original post by Shia
(Original post by sr234)
wasn't this for additional science only or for triple science aswell?
Hi, I got these results for chemistry and I was wondering if you could help me find out how much I needed for an A for the predicted:
Unit 1 : 73
Unit 2 : 82
Unit 3 : predicted 80
ISA : 39/50

Ok so boundary for an A is 320 out of 400

73 + 82 + 80 + 78 (39*2) = 313

So seems you are 7 ums points short which may be 4 raw marks...
Original post by Captain Anonymous
hey everyone, is the C3 paper released yet? :biggrin:

no I don't think they have, just wait a few days at most ! I'm sure they'll get released fairly soon.
okay thanks :wink:
Reply 1949
Original post by libbyjonesxx
my revision notes

Heyy, thank you so much for posting your notes for B3! They really helped me! I hope you get an A* in B3, you deserve it :biggrin: xx
Reply 1950
I can't remember whether this was b2 or b3 but does anyone remember the 'Hexa' gene question? It was worded weirdly like why would enzymes not live or something?!
Anyone remember what they put? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hello :wink:, that was B2 as i don't remember seeing that question on the B3 exam :biggrin:
Reply 1952
Ah right thought so, is there a b2 thread? I couldn't find one...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not too sure :s-smilie:, sorry!
Yeah, hopefully C3 will be released with P3 tomorrow :3
Original post by tohaaaa
yeah, hopefully c3 will be released with p3 tomorrow :3

two science papers in one day?!?! This must be what heaven feels like!!!!!!!!!!!! :d
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by king_revision
two science papers in one day?!?! This must be what heaven feels like!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

Check out the boldness on that :3

That's IF they release them (I Sincerely Hope They Do) :P
Hopefully they release both :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1958
heyy
does any1 have the aqa B1, C1 AND P1 exams , the papers in May if there were any
if so please cudu upload it
thanks
Reply 1959
how much would it be for a grade D ??

Latest

Trending

Trending