The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by needtosucceed=)
nope I did f324 in january, we did the january paper for f325 as a mock in class. Hoping this junes paper should be a lot better considering how bad januarys was

because it was that bad, i am more prepared.
Each time i dont want to revise or tired , i think about the last 2 questions in the exam and not being able to find the value of n which i wasted like 20 minutes on and still got it wrong
Original post by scorpio22
because it was that bad, i am more prepared.
Each time i dont want to revise or tired , i think about the last 2 questions in the exam and not being able to find the value of n which i wasted like 20 minutes on and still got it wrong

omg yea the last two questions were soo bad, how would the examiners even think we would have a clue about finding n?! the first part of the paper was okay though. Did you get your paper back then, what was your raw mark?
omg yea the last two questions were soo bad, how would the examiners even think we would have a clue about finding n?! the first part of the paper was okay though. Did you get your paper back then, what was your raw mark?

i didnt get my paper back but was able to remember what i put..
it was really bad... i would be happy with 65% in this exam lool.. how did u do in f324
This actually is a AQA chemImageUploadedByStudent Room1370032587.494996.jpg exam paper, but how do you write overall equations, i thought you cancel the ones that appear on the same side of the equations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1184
because the 15 peak is in both isomers. its the 29 peak thats only in butane therefore it must be butane :smile:

understood ! Thanks so much for your help :smile:
Reply 1185
Original post by JimmyA*
It is it forms a kink (like a zig zag shape), you do it in F324, so there will be less points of contact, hence why unsaturated triglycerides are liquid at room temperature(oils) and saturated triglycerides are solid at room temperature (animal fats, butter etc.).

Oh okay, havent done F324 so have never heard of it, do you know if you'd still get marks for mentioning it in this exam??
Reply 1186
Does anyone have a link to the Jan 2010 mark scheme? Can't find it anywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187
Original post by ImAz
Does anyone have a link to the Jan 2010 mark scheme? Can't find it anywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/63346-mark-scheme-january.pdf

this it ? :smile:
Original post by Jimmy20002012
This actually is a AQA chemImageUploadedByStudent Room1370032587.494996.jpg exam paper, but how do you write overall equations, i thought you cancel the ones that appear on the same side of the equations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep you do, the HBr and HBrO cancel out.
so this is the answer 2H2O2 = 2H2O + O2
Original post by ImAz
Nope that's F321 :\

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope they were all on that document :smile:
Reply 1191
Original post by Hello...
Oh okay, havent done F324 so have never heard of it, do you know if you'd still get marks for mentioning it in this exam??

Nope you don't need to know it at all :smile:
Reply 1192
I got 69 UMS in the January exam.. Really bad I know, but it was a rough time. Does anyone know what I need minimum in this exam to get an A or even a high B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yep you do, the HBr and HBrO cancel out.
so this is the answer 2H2O2 = 2H2O + O2

What about the H2O2, if they ate on the same side of both equations wont they cancel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz
I got 69 UMS in the January exam.. Really bad I know, but it was a rough time. Does anyone know what I need minimum in this exam to get an A or even a high B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 78-80

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1195
nope they were all on that document :smile:

Ohh! Phew cheers for pointing that out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
What about the H2O2, if they ate on the same side of both equations wont they cancel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

they're not on both sides of the equation. when your cancelling down you write all the reactants from the 2 equations together, then do an arrow and write all the products. then you cancel things on both sides. you don't cancel between equations.
Original post by ImAz

Posted from TSR Mobile

depends what you got on ur practicals. If you did really well a high B/low A is fine. If you did bad then you'd need a lot higher, in the top 80's/90's
also 69 is good, only 3 off an A :smile:
Reply 1198
Original post by theo3335796
Maybe this? Excuse my terrible paint drawing

Hi,
why do you have a CH2CH3 wouldn't it just be CH2CH2?
HELP?
What are people aiming to get and what did they get in f321 in terms of UMS, all im really seeing on this foru, are your typical A grade candidates lol, every ones so smart

Latest

Trending

Trending