The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gulzar
I feel you bro :wink:
Just out of interest what are your module marks so far in chemistry?

261/300 AS
80/90 A2

If I get 40UMS in the coursework I'll need 150 UMS in this paper, so I've pretty much given up hope and am just aiming for an A, 100 UMS should be very achievable, but I hope that my coursework UMS isn't below 40.If it is I'll need to make sure I actually do reasonably well.

Another thing is we only get to take each coursework once in our school :frown:, what about you?
Original post by master y
8H+ + 5Fe3+ + MnO4- --> Mn2+ + 5Fe3+ + 4H20..... why is the colour change pale green to pink? Anyone help me here?

Where does it say this colour change? I would've thought it would be dark pink/purple to pale pink/ colourless? My only guess could be that Fe2+ has a green colour but I can't see it being more dominant than MnO4- :-/
Reply 1182
Original post by FailedMyExams
261/300 AS
80/90 A2

If I get 40UMS in the coursework I'll need 150 UMS in this paper, so I've pretty much given up hope and am just aiming for an A, 100 UMS should be very achievable, but I hope that my coursework UMS isn't below 40.If it is I'll need to make sure I actually do reasonably well.

Another thing is we only get to take each coursework once in our school :frown:, what about you?

Wow thats amazing!
So far AS 246/300
A2 57/90 retaking
I got 34 marks out of 40 (really hope that will be A)

Edit: Lol just realised how condescending you're username sounds :tongue: :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MathsNerd1
Where does it say this colour change? I would've thought it would be dark pink/purple to pale pink/ colourless? My only guess could be that Fe2+ has a green colour but I can't see it being more dominant than MnO4- :-/

one of the legacy papers... i guessed it to be purple to pale red because of the Fe3+...
Reply 1184
8H+ + 5Fe3+ + MnO4- --> Mn2+ + 5Fe3+ + 4H20..... why is the colour change pale green to pink? Anyone help me here?

Yeah it should be from purple to pink (almost colourless)
Where did u see this question?
Original post by Gulzar
Wow thats amazing!
So far AS 246/300
A2 57/90 retaking
I got 34 marks out of 40 (really hope that will be A)

My god I'm nothing in comparison to others and yourself! For AS I got 198/300 and for A2 I got 50/90 but I'm determined to turn it all around to get the A or A*! :biggrin:
one of the legacy papers... i guessed it to be purple to pale red because of the Fe3+...

I thought Fe3+ was yellow in colour? But I'm quite certain you won't be able to have Fe3+ on both sides like you claim in your question :-/
Reply 1187
My god I'm nothing in comparison to others and yourself! For AS I got 198/300 and for A2 I got 50/90 but I'm determined to turn it all around to get the A or A*! :biggrin:

Yeah definetley go for it man we all have the potential to score high! :wink::smile:
Dont worry about you're score, really focus on the next exams. You've got f324 and f325 right?

Have you got an offer from uni and if so what grade do u need for chemistry?
Original post by Gulzar
Yeah definetley go for it man we all have the potential to score high! :wink::smile:
Dont worry about you're score, really focus on the next exams. You've got f324 and f325 right?

Have you got an offer from uni and if so what grade do u need for chemistry?

That's my outlook on it, also the sight of seeing my teachers faces when I do better than what has ever been expected of me will be a day I'm looking forward to seeing! :biggrin: That's exactly what I'm doing and yeah I've got them both left, but this unit seems more of a guarantee for 90+ marks whereas the other one is a lot of memorisation and application afterwards, shouldn't be too hard though so I'm hoping I can smash them both to get A* standard! :biggrin: I do have an offer from my universities already and they require me to get the A, insurance is asking for a B but I'd rather go to my firm instead :tongue: So its a big ask but I feel its achievable if I put my mind to it! :biggrin:
I thought Fe3+ was yellow in colour? But I'm quite certain you won't be able to have Fe3+ on both sides like you claim in your question :-/

oops i mean Fe2+ in the reactants, and yes it is yellow, thanks .
oops i mean Fe2+ in the reactants, and yes it is yellow, thanks .

So what was the actual answer to the question as I just want to know for future sake so I don't get a question like this wrong in the actual exam if one appears :smile:
Reply 1191
That's my outlook on it, also the sight of seeing my teachers faces when I do better than what has ever been expected of me will be a day I'm looking forward to seeing! :biggrin: That's exactly what I'm doing and yeah I've got them both left, but this unit seems more of a guarantee for 90+ marks whereas the other one is a lot of memorisation and application afterwards, shouldn't be too hard though so I'm hoping I can smash them both to get A* standard! :biggrin: I do have an offer from my universities already and they require me to get the A, insurance is asking for a B but I'd rather go to my firm instead :tongue: So its a big ask but I feel its achievable if I put my mind to it! :biggrin:

Absolutely :biggrin:
We can 100% smash these exams and prove to all those teachers what we are made of :biggrin:
Original post by Gulzar
Absolutely :biggrin:
We can 100% smash these exams and prove to all those teachers what we are made of :biggrin:

Damn straight, now lets just keep doing what we're currently doing and then hopefully we shall be celebrating come results day! :biggrin:
Reply 1193
Damn straight, now lets just keep doing what we're currently doing and then hopefully we shall be celebrating come results day! :biggrin:

Definetley, do keep in touch then :wink: Good luck with everything bro!
Wow Gulzar and Mathsnerd, you guys are very motivated , well done :smile:
Original post by Gulzar
Definetley, do keep in touch then :wink: Good luck with everything bro!

Will do as I'll most likely come on here to ask people to quiz me just to make sure I know all of the information and can tackle anything that is thrown at me :biggrin: Best of luck to you too in all your exams!
Will do as I'll most likely come on here to ask people to quiz me just to make sure I know all of the information and can tackle anything that is thrown at me :biggrin: Best of luck to you too in all your exams!

Okay smarty pant :smile:

I made some hard questions that makes you think :-

Suggest why the equivalence point for weak acid -strong base is Ph 7
Original post by otrivine

I'll reply in the morning as I'm going to get some sleep now but that does seem like a good question, thanks as it'll probably make me think for a while :tongue:
I'll reply in the morning as I'm going to get some sleep now but that does seem like a good question, thanks as it'll probably make me think for a while :tongue:

hahaha, this was a good question my teacher asked us! No one knew the answer in my class:tongue:
Reply 1199
Original post by otrivine

Hey we meet again :biggrin:

And to answer your question...could it be because the weak acid has been completely dissocciated by the OH- ions from the strong base. So all the H+ ions have been released...lol am I getting somewhere?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending