Yah, you're absolutely correct!

66/100 - A grade at one point!
January 2013!?
71/100 - A.

It is much more generous than Chemistry
79/100 - A. (79%);
>_<

LOL!
Yes chemistry ones are reallyy high . i got 35/40 in my practical , so any idea what i would need to get to get an A :smile: But there was hoever the june 2010 paper which was like 77 for an A :s-smilie:

Sure!

Your practical for Chemistry will get 50/60UMS.
What do you think you scored for F321: Atoms, Bonds and Groups?
Let's say - You need 190UMS in both F321 and F322 combined...

So, as a random combination, an A on the dot in F322 - 120/150 - with a very high B; one mark off an A - 70/90 - will get you your minimal amount for an A grade!

This is totally random - maybe it is better for you to tell me what you think you got in F321 first!?
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Munrot07
I think i'm ready :smile: I hope so, i am getting 90/100 on most papers and only need 63/100 so i'm not too worried. Weakest area is the food and health by far :s-smilie: hate it

I'm way more worried about my physics exam tbh :P

haha i know what you mean.. thats great means you can 'relax' yeah likewise chemistry is far more important to me:smile:
Reply 502
Original post by mariam.therese
haha i know what you mean.. thats great means you can 'relax' yeah likewise chemistry is far more important to me:smile:

I agree!
Chemistry is much more important for me, however, I still want to score a strong A grade so I leave it SOLID.
Do you plan on studying Chemistry further as well?
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mariam.therese

I can't wait to drop physics :P Biology is my most important subject but i pretty much have it sorted :smile: good luck on chemistry :smile:
Reply 504
Original post by coco_madem0iselle
Who wants to practice some long questions?

Here's one:
Describe the role of B lymphocytes in the immune response (8 marks) (little pencil symbol) ensure you have written the steps in the correct order :wink:

Shall give this ago :smile:

The correct T helper cells are selected specific to the pathogen- a process called clonal selection. These then divide by mitosis otherwise known as clonal expansion. The t helper cells release interleukins which stimulate the b lymphocytes. The b lymphocytes then begin to differentiate into two types of cells - plasma and memory cells. Plasma cells are important as they produce antibodies. Antibodies are proteins which go around the body identifying and neutralising antigens (antibodies are specific to pathogens). They can neutralise by agglutination - clumping pathogens together, making them easier to find by phagocytes, and neutralisation - blocking the binding site of the pathogen thus preventing them from entering and infecting cells. Memory cells are important as they provide an immunological memory for the body. If the body if infected again it can respond much faster than before by manufacturing the correct antibodies and in a larger quantity.

Don't know if that's any good, I never know where to start on these questions :s 8 marks for what could be not a lot :/
guys! what exactly do we need to know about cofactors and coenzymes??
And can someone please explain the effect of pH on enzyme-catalysed reactions. As in, the H+ ions and OH- ions that cause a change in the R group :confused:
Thanks!!
Has anyone done Jan 2012?? 46/100 marks are based upon the last module. Compare that to the proportion in the textbook I think that's OCR rather than make the exam questions harder they are just taking advantage of the dullness of module 3 and the fact that nobody can be bothered to learn it all. Absolutely Ridiculous and disgraceful of OCR
Original post by GirlWithADream
guys! what exactly do we need to know about cofactors and coenzymes??
And can someone please explain the effect of pH on enzyme-catalysed reactions. As in, the H+ ions and OH- ions that cause a change in the R group :confused:
Thanks!!

First of all cofactors are inorganic molecules (commonly ions eg Cl-) that bind to an enzyme outside its active site and help the reaction take place without being used.

Coenzymes are used up in the reaction but are generally recycled between two or three forms, so they go from A to B to A to B.

The reason pH affects enzymes is due to the positive charge from H+ in acidic solutions and negative from OH- in alkaline solutions. These charges attract oppositely charged amino acids - their charge is decided by the R group - and this can deform the active site shape, so the substrate finds it harder to fit in. In other words the active site loses its complementary shape.

Hope I helped.
Reply 508
Hey guys just looked at a mark scheme and one of the points said AVP, any ideas what this stands for? Maybe any valid point?? just wondering
Reply 509
Original post by Hello...
Hey guys just looked at a mark scheme and one of the points said AVP, any ideas what this stands for? Maybe any valid point?? just wondering

"Any valid point". It's up to the examiner to decide if you've said something that wasn't on the mark scheme but still answered the question. Sometimes you get AVP with "suggest" or other vague questions.
Reply 510
Original post by Ché.
Original post by ssflcb

Sure!

Your practical for Chemistry will get 50/60UMS.
What do you think you scored for F321: Atoms, Bonds and Groups?
Let's say - You need 190UMS in both F321 and F322 combined...

So, as a random combination, an A on the dot in F322 - 120/150 - with a very high B; one mark off an A - 70/90 - will get you your minimal amount for an A grade!

This is totally random - maybe it is better for you to tell me what you think you got in F321 first!?

Thankyou so much :smile:.. lol idk about f321 it was weird paper with billions of suggests but i am hoping for a low A atleast :smile: I think i could get that but you know , you never know :smile:
:biggrin:
Reply 511
Original post by sessess
"Any valid point". It's up to the examiner to decide if you've said something that wasn't on the mark scheme but still answered the question. Sometimes you get AVP with "suggest" or other vague questions.

Thanks for clearing that up
Original post by MarkProbio
First of all cofactors are inorganic molecules (commonly ions eg Cl-) that bind to an enzyme outside its active site and help the reaction take place without being used.

Coenzymes are used up in the reaction but are generally recycled between two or three forms, so they go from A to B to A to B.

The reason pH affects enzymes is due to the positive charge from H+ in acidic solutions and negative from OH- in alkaline solutions. These charges attract oppositely charged amino acids - their charge is decided by the R group - and this can deform the active site shape, so the substrate finds it harder to fit in. In other words the active site loses its complementary shape.

Hope I helped.

Thank you! That really helped :smile:
Any help with the immune response, please?

And I've gone through every exam, labelling all the questions about their subject and unit.
So you can almost "predict" what might come up in Mondays exam
How do u predict what may come up??
Anyone got the jan 13 paper
Reply 516
Original post by _JC95
well under the new spec i think the highest it has been out of 100 for full 150 ums is 86, so really you more than likely got full ums there

Posted from TSR Mobile

86?!
Wow, wow, wow.

You're saying 86 is full UMS, when I was questioning whether my mock score of 97/100 would get it!
I shall not be complaining no more; that cleared a load up for me, thanks. :biggrin::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 517
Original post by RadioheadAnton
Has anyone done Jan 2012?? 46/100 marks are based upon the last module. Compare that to the proportion in the textbook I think that's OCR rather than make the exam questions harder they are just taking advantage of the dullness of module 3 and the fact that nobody can be bothered to learn it all. Absolutely Ridiculous and disgraceful of OCR

I was doing this paper today, waaay too much biodiversity. I would hate our exam to be like that :frown::frown:
Reply 518
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 519
Original post by R1C3W1N3
Any help with the immune response, please?

And I've gone through every exam, labelling all the questions about their subject and unit.
So you can almost "predict" what might come up in Mondays exam

So any predictions?

Latest

Trending

Trending