Original post by liabhimani
LOL thanks thats the perfect case study!! #A*

I would study your case all night long #BigBallsAtYourService
Original post by bigballs99
I would study your case all night long #BigBallsAtYourService

alright alright I get your continental drift
Reply 1322
I would separate you :wink: if you get my drift... They don't call me BigBalls99 for nothing :wink:

Wowzer, let's keep this PG-13 for now, eh? :eek:
Reply 1324
I feel for you! A lot of people have RS and English AHH #quotationissues
At least its an afternoon exam I guess so you can fit in a good 5 hours morning cram!

True! But I kind of prefer morning exams, I feel my knowledge is at it's peak in the morning then dwindles as the day goes on :wink: ha

Posted from TSR Mobile
alright alright I get your continental drift

Would love to check out your hot spot :wink: see what I did there you saucy minx
Original post by GLOB
True! But I kind of prefer morning exams, I feel my knowledge is at it's peak in the morning then dwindles as the day goes on :wink: ha

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAME. I HATE AFTERNOON EXAMS cos you have to dread it all morning and want it to be over and done with!! lol I was just trying to look at the good side :P
Would love to check out your hot spot :wink: see what I did there you saucy minx

whoa cool your pyroclastic flow :rolleyes:
whoa cool your pyroclastic flow :rolleyes:

I would love to decimate your rift valley with my batholith :wink:

okay you killed it cos I hate tectonics and BATHOLITHS ALREADY CAME UP HA so no chance of ideological conflict here soz

Lmao. What even
Original post by abismall
Yeah think I'm defo just gonna go for the 3, I was just worried cos my teacher advised me against it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your confident with 2 topics at least and you know what topic you'll do the essay on regardless there's no point in learning 4...but I guess its up to personal preference.
Do you think for the 40 marker tectonics they could ask a question of prediction like "earthquakes are more easily predicted than volcanic events"? because the theme has been Impacts hazards and theory... My teacher said they wouldn't ask something like posative effects because "they would be bastards" ?

Subtle..

:proud:
Reply 1334
Yesterday I attempted the jan 2013 plate tectonic 40 marker which was :"Natural disasters are often not natural disasters but human disasters" Dicuss this statement in reference to seismic events

I thought the question was asking weather seismic hazards are disasters mainly because of the natural hazard itself or wether they are human disasters because they are made worse by humans. I thought the defonition of a natural disaster is one that is casued by nauture....
However when my teacher marked it he said it was asking whether seismic hazards mainly cause problems to the natural landscape or humans.
I still got 26/40 on the question however which is a B I think but i'm still unsure on what the question was asking. I guess it could be interpreted either way. Any ideas??
Reply 1335
Original post by Daniel George
Subtle..

:proud:

you doing geog today? Think i'll give it a break despite failing miserably!
Original post by Axion
you doing geog today? Think i'll give it a break despite failing miserably!

well, I might concentrate more on history today! but I might do bits later on...I'm pretty shattered though!

I don't work well when I'm tired...
Reply 1337
I don't work well when the topic is geography!
Reply 1338
Original post by mufc1994
Yesterday I attempted the jan 2013 plate tectonic 40 marker which was :"Natural disasters are often not natural disasters but human disasters" Dicuss this statement in reference to seismic events

I thought the question was asking weather seismic hazards are disasters mainly because of the natural hazard itself or wether they are human disasters because they are made worse by humans. I thought the defonition of a natural disaster is one that is casued by nauture....
However when my teacher marked it he said it was asking whether seismic hazards mainly cause problems to the natural landscape or humans.
I still got 26/40 on the question however which is a B I think but i'm still unsure on what the question was asking. I guess it could be interpreted either way. Any ideas??

After reading the question over and over again, finally noticed that it was asking whether seismic hazards mainly affect humans or the enviroment and i first i was thinking the same as you aswell, whether they are caused by human and physical factors.

Thinking carefull, i think you actaully interpret it in 2 ways aswell? im not too sure though :s-smilie:

does your teacher have the mark scheme for it? if he does, you can ask him to look at it?
For world cities, does anyone know the difference between re-urbanisation, regeneration of city centre and redevelopment of the city centre?

(and everyone seems to have large cities as their case studies for urbanisation/suburbanisation etc. do you think ballatwattleworth estate and whitley bay are alright for suburbanisation and counter urbanisation?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending