The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Original post by werr95
The quality seems to be quite good as for a phone!
It worked well! :smile:

Yeah most smartphones take really good pictures these days. I can't remember when was the last time I've used my camera. It's a bit more tricky though when the lighting is not right in which case a camera would be handy coz one could adjust the filter etc.
After sheltering in a bus stop from the rain in my village, I saw this beautiful rainbow. I'm not really one for taking photos but I was quite proud of it.1369304853788.jpg
Reply 4142
Original post by Da CorrupteD KiD
Yeah most smartphones take really good pictures these days. I can't remember when was the last time I've used my camera. It's a bit more tricky though when the lighting is not right in which case a camera would be handy coz one could adjust the filter etc.

Sometimes it is easier to take a photo with a smartphone, but as you said it may be tricky, as it does not have all the features that cameras have... but why not use it when the conditions allow us to do so?! :smile:
Reply 4143
Took these pictures with my iPhone in the garden.

Incredible quality when you consider they were taken with a smartphone! If you hadn't have told me otherwise, I would've been none the wiser!

I'm genuinely impressed at how good the camera is, great shot! :smile:
Reply 4144
A couple from a recent trip to Italy, more are on my flickr:

Island of Capri:

Marina Piccolo - Capri by Matt Roberts101, on Flickr

Pompeii and Vesuvius:

Pompeii and Vesuvius by Matt Roberts101, on Flickr

Flying over the Alps:

The Alps by Matt Roberts101, on Flickr

Kingston Upon Thames

Kingston Upon Thames

Kingston Upon Thames

Rimini, Italy.
Reply 4146

MP4-12C by Toby Loraine, on Flickr

Only a beginner but was really pleased with how this came out!
Somerset Sunset! (Taken along the Bristol to Bath Railway/Cycle path) . Canon 1100D.

Original post by timmy-scott
Somerset Sunset! (Taken along the Bristol to Bath Railway/Cycle path) . Canon 1100D.

Nice shot. I think it might look nicer if you had held your camera vertical rather than horizontal. That should create more of an emphasis/focus on the sunset itself.
Nice shot. I think it might look nicer if you had held your camera vertical rather than horizontal. That should create more of an emphasis/focus on the sunset itself.

thank you! i should have done that! would have been better.
Holding the Sun

Original post by timmy-scott
Holding the Sun

10/10 would bang.
Ur gf or mom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4152
Original post by anonymouse01
10/10 would bang.
Ur gf or mom?

Posted from TSR Mobile

LMFAO hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
image.jpg
Southbank, August 2012. I was originally getting the spinning of the carousel and moving people, but then spotted these two people, watching the carousel and standing fairly still, so focused on them.

image.jpg
South Africa, February 2012. Taken on a visit to a school in the Western Cape which my school is partnered with through the British Council, we attended lessons at the school for a day and this was during a Grade 9 English lesson.

image.jpg
Richmond Park, October 2011. I was photographing the deer against the golden backdrop when I spotted these two lovers, so I got closer to them and used my telephoto lens to get them in shot with the stunning sunset. I'm not all that comfortable with approaching people, but think they would've loved a copy of this.

image.jpg
Taken in June 2011 for my GCSE Media Studies coursework, where we had to devise our own advertising campaigns. I digitally manipulated the photograph in Photoshop CS5 to layer the light leak, then shared my work on Tumblr and Flickr. It was picked up by Coca-Cola themselves in January 2012 and used in an online advertising campaign, which was pretty awesome!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4154
uploadfromtaptalk1369964817395.jpg
It was actually taken by my friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4155
Some lovely shots in here guys!

Haven't taken many pictures lately because of University deadlines and exams, but I'm almost done so I'll post some new images soon. Here are some I've got in my gallery which I quite like. :smile:

8456719437_60804a7b89_n.jpg

A picture taken whilst in Brighton whilst taking my brother and niece for a walk down the promenade. I appreciate it on quite a personal level as they both mean a lot to me so I'm not sure how someone who doesn't know them would view this photo.

8266319758_5df69ee49a.jpg

This is a photograph of the last remaining moss in my back garden this winter just gone by. I feel the vibrancy and contrast between the natural moss and man-made wall is quite striking.

7886612584_dab16cb167.jpg

In all honesty this was just something I took and messed about with in the dark one night because I couldn't sleep. The ambiance of the lamp is quite nice though, turned out better than I had expected it to.

7886619850_6d7ebe8693.jpg

And finally an image I took when visiting Kek Lok Si in Malaysia. Wonderful place.

Shameless plug: If anyone feels like checking out my Flickr they can do so here :smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rishalraja/
Original post by Rish7
Some lovely shots in here guys!

Haven't taken many pictures lately because of University deadlines and exams, but I'm almost done so I'll post some new images soon. Here are some I've got in my gallery which I quite like. :smile:

8456719437_60804a7b89_n.jpg

A picture taken whilst in Brighton whilst taking my brother and niece for a walk down the promenade. I appreciate it on quite a personal level as they both mean a lot to me so I'm not sure how someone who doesn't know them would view this photo.

8266319758_5df69ee49a.jpg

This is a photograph of the last remaining moss in my back garden this winter just gone by. I feel the vibrancy and contrast between the natural moss and man-made wall is quite striking.

7886612584_dab16cb167.jpg

In all honesty this was just something I took and messed about with in the dark one night because I couldn't sleep. The ambiance of the lamp is quite nice though, turned out better than I had expected it to.

7886619850_6d7ebe8693.jpg

And finally an image I took when visiting Kek Lok Si in Malaysia. Wonderful place.

Shameless plug: If anyone feels like checking out my Flickr they can do so here :smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rishalraja/

...:O Can Your Photos get anymore stunning?! (:
Seriously, could you teach me how you do it? I've always had photography as a hobby, but couldn't quite grasp the skills you've got. (:
Original post by megantrace
image.jpg
Southbank, August 2012. I was originally getting the spinning of the carousel and moving people, but then spotted these two people, watching the carousel and standing fairly still, so focused on them.

image.jpg
South Africa, February 2012. Taken on a visit to a school in the Western Cape which my school is partnered with through the British Council, we attended lessons at the school for a day and this was during a Grade 9 English lesson.

image.jpg
Richmond Park, October 2011. I was photographing the deer against the golden backdrop when I spotted these two lovers, so I got closer to them and used my telephoto lens to get them in shot with the stunning sunset. I'm not all that comfortable with approaching people, but think they would've loved a copy of this.

image.jpg
Taken in June 2011 for my GCSE Media Studies coursework, where we had to devise our own advertising campaigns. I digitally manipulated the photograph in Photoshop CS5 to layer the light leak, then shared my work on Tumblr and Flickr. It was picked up by Coca-Cola themselves in January 2012 and used in an online advertising campaign, which was pretty awesome!

You're photos are also a stunner! Like how do you go buy getting such detail? (:
Reply 4158
Original post by MyNameIsTaken :(
...:O Can Your Photos get anymore stunning?! (:
Seriously, could you teach me how you do it? I've always had photography as a hobby, but couldn't quite grasp the skills you've got. (:

Oh wow! Thank you! :colondollar:

I'll be completely honest and say that it comes with time. So long as you have an eye for what can make a good photograph (subject, composition, angle etc.) you have all the tools you need to take good photographs!

Just grab a camera and explore! There's so much out there, and when/if you dive into the world of macro photography everyday objects become whole new experiences.

If I was to give advice to anyone it would be to practice a lot, get to know your camera and figure out what kind of photography you enjoy the most. Then all you need to do is go out and experiment. It really does come naturally after a while. :smile:

You need to be comfortable with your camera, to the point where it becomes an extension of you. Play about with different settings if you have an SLR (aperture/shutter-speeds etc.) and ideas will start to blossom inside your head.
Took a couple of shots on a walk I was quite pleased with today

I did take a couple with flash as well but forgot I had used it at previously used it at full power so it was a bit strong. I think these came out reasonably well without fill flash anyway :smile:

Original post by Viennaberry

You could improve those tonnes by bouncing the flash. If the flash can't be bounced them diffuse it or use just natural light.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending