The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2520
Original post by distressed
Cz it's a Russell group uni :rolleyes:

Right, but it's still non-accredited :tongue: That does put it in the grey area to be honest! I mean at least in the states where I'm from, non accredited degrees aren't accepted for a lot of good jobs.
Original post by Revent
Right, but it's still non-accredited :tongue: That does put it in the grey area to be honest! I mean at least in the states where I'm from, non accredited degrees aren't accepted for a lot of good jobs.

How was your holiday? :smile:
Reply 2522
Original post by LegendX
How was your holiday? :smile:

Was great! :smile: Sooo much fun :grin: LOVED it :tongue: Can't wait to go back :lol:
Original post by Revent
Was great! :smile: Sooo much fun :grin: LOVED it :tongue: Can't wait to go back :lol:

Okay I got the impression that you reaaaaaaaaaaally enjoyed it, good to hear :smile:, did you go to the Indonesia ..?
Original post by I-I
carefull with biomed as people from the russel group uni have problems finding jobs.

Thats the thing, I assumed reputable uni so job prospects must be good regardless of lack of accreditation, but looking around on the job market I realised the degree is worth jack without accreditation. I want to transfer.
Cz it's a Russell group uni :rolleyes:

Oh. Id look to see it getting accredited :angry:

The trouble with traditional industries is that they are *very* formal and this might just be part of what companies want from you

But then I'm not doing biomed. However if I can put some things in to perspective:

My aunty had a formal interview at the age of 16, for a law firm, when I've not had a formal interview yet (In the last one the guy was eating his lunch :tongue: )

But that's just the interview stage. Any way the point im making is that I guess you might need the formalities when the industry is formal - I mean you are in the industry of dealing with people's lives
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2526
Original post by LegendX
Okay I got the impression that you reaaaaaaaaaaally enjoyed it, good to hear :smile:, did you go to the Indonesia ..?

Nah, I went to South Korea and the Philippines :smile:
Reply 2527
Thats the thing, I assumed reputable uni so job prospects must be good regardless of lack of accreditation, but looking around on the job market I realised the degree is worth jack without accreditation. I want to transfer.

Where you going to do it?? i myself am at wolverhampton uni, and doing pharmacology in final year, now i know its a rubbish uni and the best thing it has going for it is pharmacy, but anyways they do offer a snadwhich year for biomeds where people can apply for a placement in hospitals, which actually give you the better advantage. not everyone gets a place but about 5 people last year got a place. and they do prepare you a lot for interviews etc ( i will give them credit on that) however people either do a masters afterwards or another medical degree such as medicine, dentistry etc providing they get a 2.1. i have heard of people from aston or birmingham that cannot find a job and have given up. my advice is the pay is not too good, and if it something you want to do out of passion then do it. otherwise AVOID or use as a tool to get you into the course you would like to get in.
Original post by de_monies
Oh. Id look to see it getting accredited :angry:

The trouble with traditional industries is that they are *very* formal and this might just be part of what companies want from you

But then I'm not doing biomed. However if I can put some things in to perspective:

My aunty had a formal interview at the age of 16, for a law firm, when I've not had a formal interview yet (In the last one the guy was eating his lunch :tongue: )

But that's just the interview stage. Any way the point im making is that I guess you might need the formalities when the industry is formal - I mean you are in the industry of dealing with people's lives
Posted from TSR Mobile

Or I could just go through clearing and get myself onto a biomed course at a middling uni but with an accredited course. Too much extra effort getting it accredited man, ain't nobody got tiiiime fo' dat.

meh, just praying they let me transfer course..
Original post by I-I
Where you going to do it?? i myself am at wolverhampton uni, and doing pharmacology in final year,

You're right by near me! :smile:

Or I could just go through clearing and get myself onto a biomed course at a middling uni but with an accredited course. Too much extra effort getting it accredited man, ain't nobody got tiiiime fo' dat.

meh, just praying they let me transfer course..

There is that, but then you're relying on luck tbh, and once inside a uni you can normally switch pretty easily
(edited 10 years ago)
Guess who's back..back again :wink:

Well well well...this is what has become of the Pak Soc...
Original post by Maryb_102
Guess who's back..back again :wink:

Well well well...this is what has become of the Pak Soc...

You're back! How come you only have 1 post?
Original post by de_monies
You're back! How come you only have 1 post?

This is a temporary account, i see you have been posting on this..REGULARLY lool
and had to get away to get some things done..unfinished business to take care of :wink:
Original post by Maryb_102
This is a temporary account, i see you have been posting on this..REGULARLY lool
and had to get away to get some things done..unfinished business to take care of :wink:

Ah I see. Oops :biggrin: Yeah fair enoughs I guess. Lool you sound like you're in some sort of mafia or something
God sake my father has bought me a full bag of Jalebis, I love it but it's diabetes on in a bag.
Original post by Pendulum3
God sake my father has bought me a full bag of Jalebis, I love it but it's diabetes on in a bag.

Quit complaining, say thank you and go giv3 him a jhuppi :rolleyes:
Quit complaining, say thank you and go giv3 him a jhuppi :rolleyes:

I should haha :biggrin:
I like white chicks, but they don't like me.
Tried to bag one yesterday, by making them tea.
Reply 2538
Original post by DontJudge
I like white chicks, but they don't like me.
Tried to bag one yesterday, by making them tea.

Loool, did you add some crumpets and scones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZRO
Loool, did you add some crumpets and scones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah blad, I gave them to saag and toast init, kasme.

Nice one bro, are you from canada, toronto? Asian area init.

Latest