The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

TSGMatt - Thanks for the advice. :smile:

Does anyone have any answers for Piliavin in terms of the behaviourist and psychodynamic perspective?

We have never even covered this in class, yet I've just checked my booklet and it says it! :frown:

I can bet that will be the 4 mark question because its what always happens... What you revise never comes up. :frown:
Original post by Skilled
Hey guys, can someone please help me by explaining how Dement and Klietmans dream study was useful?
Thanks

it provided an objective way to measure dreams (by measuring REM through EOG scans) which can open up other areas of research into dreaming, such as investigating the effect that environmental factors has on dreaming.
Original post by TSGMatt
To everyone, I really doubt L+P and Baron will both come up, it is rare for them to put 2 studies from the same approach in Section B.

2 studies from individual differences came up in Jan13, so i believe it is possible for Baron-Cohen plus Loftus and Palmer to come up in section B on one paper.
Would anyone mind just having a look at my Loftus and Palmer answer on the previous page please. I'd appreciate it! :smile:
Original post by Darshi
Hey, could it be considered high in ecological validity in terms of how the Eyes Task requires interpreting the mentalistic significance of the eyes? As individuals with autism have problems interpreting the intentions of others in terms of non-verbal communication, and therefore the results can be used to show the lack of a theory of mind in the general population of autistics.

This is a really good answer. Thank you so much. :smile: How did you think of this?
Reply 664
Original post by jodie.irwin27
it provided an objective way to measure dreams (by measuring REM through EOG scans) which can open up other areas of research into dreaming, such as investigating the effect that environmental factors has on dreaming.

2 studies from individual differences came up in Jan13, so i believe it is possible for Baron-Cohen plus Loftus and Palmer to come up in section B on one paper.

Thanks for that but I am still wondering, how is it useful even if we know that REM mainly occurs during dreams and even if we know there is something to do with environment and sleeping
How can Reicher and Haslam be considered valid?

I can think of points where it can be considered low/high in ecological validity but I can't think of any points on why its valid.
Also, what is the likely hood of an issue which has only appeared in section B coming up again?
Reply 667
Yes completely my fault! 2 from Individual Differences did indeed come up in Jan 2013.
Reply 668
How amazing would it be if Baron-Cohen and Loftus and Palmer came up in Section B? I'd scream in the exam hall haha
How would you explain concurrent validity in terms of Baron Cohen?
I will actually cry if Baron-Cohen doesnt come up lol
Whats an advantage of Barons sample?
Original post by random1234567
Whats an advantage of Barons sample?

Age matched.
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
Age matched.

Ahh thanks, do you think Baron-Cohen has a good chance of coming up?
(edited 10 years ago)
What is a strength and weakness of Samual and Bryant sample?

Large sample consisting of 252 boys and girls making it easier to generalise
Could be argued that its a small age range between 5-8.5

very good sized sample but all from Devon

Original post by >Username<
Also, what is the likely hood of an issue which has only appeared in section B coming up again?

i think it's unlikely as it hasn't happened before.. I think one that hasn't appeared yet will come up, but another question could also relate to one that already has come up? can't bet on it though :/
Original post by jodie.irwin27
very good sized sample but all from Devon

i think it's unlikely as it hasn't happened before.. I think one that hasn't appeared yet will come up, but another question could also relate to one that already has come up? can't bet on it though :/

Do you have any good predictions for section b+c?
Original post by random1234567
Do you have any good predictions for section b+c?

good predictions? nope! :frown: i'm not feeling confident at all towards my predictions because I know anything can come up.. I'm relying on Baron-Cohen and the biological approach (as everyone else is) but i'm not feeling very optimistic.
Reply 679
Hi guys, does anyone have any model answers for section C that they can post, I really need help I need to learn how to answer them and what to write.. any help will be appreciated thanks, good luck to everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending