The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Original post by Kindred
Haha i've been there. I put it on each morning, same time as i'm meant to take my tablets. I still manage to forget though :rolleyes: Try putting your tablets near your toothbrush or something if you keep forgetting so you can mix them in with your morning routine? :smile:
Hope you had a good day despite you're little mind lapse :smile:

Oh ok, I keep it in the kitchen next to the cereal so I remember to take them once I put the cereal back after breakfast :tongue:
Day hasn't been too bad, went Tesco but I have spent a significant amount of time in bed :sad:. Also haven't done any revision at all in the holidays and the exam is on Monday. No idea why I don't realise this :rolleyes:

How are you doing though? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1941
Original post by Kindred
Finally done something about this. Called NHS helpline and i'm going to make an emergency docs appointment on mon. Really don't want my parents knowing the real reason though so I have to think up some excuse... not gunna be easy. Why does this all have to happen this week?? It's all too much! :bricks:

:jumphug: Hope you manage to sort it out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
Oh ok, I keep it in the kitchen next to the cereal so I remember to take them once I put the cereal back after breakfast :tongue:
Day hasn't been too bad, went Tesco but I have spent a significant amount of time in bed :sad:. Also haven't done any revision at all in the holidays and the exam is on Monday. No idea why I don't realise this :rolleyes:

How are you doing though? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah you've thought this all through then :tongue:
It's fine, revision doesn't matter all that much compared to all the learning you did before and it's better to feel good on the day and not revise than to revise too much and be all worn out for the exam :smile: Good luck with your exam on monday
I'm doing okay. Been having a bit of a scare for the past couple of days but i'm surviving quite well all things considered. I think i'm getting to understand what's going on with me more than I did before :redface:
Reply 1943
I ****ing hate these antibiotics - they make me really anxious, got shakes like nobody's business, constantly feel sick...on top of the antidepressants messing with my head. Gah. I just want to feel normal not ill all the damn time!
Reply 1944
Original post by Kindred
Ah you've thought this all through then :tongue:
It's fine, revision doesn't matter all that much compared to all the learning you did before and it's better to feel good on the day and not revise than to revise too much and be all worn out for the exam :smile: Good luck with your exam on monday
I'm doing okay. Been having a bit of a scare for the past couple of days but i'm surviving quite well all things considered. I think i'm getting to understand what's going on with me more than I did before :redface:

It is an AS resit and I've ended up with U twice before, so I really need to do well. No idea why I'm always like this.

:hugs: for the scare but it is good that you are beginning to understand more :yep:
Original post by avhhs
It is an AS resit and I've ended up with U twice before, so I really need to do well. No idea why I'm always like this.

:hugs: for the scare but it is good that you are beginning to understand more :yep:

I'm sure you'll do fine. Just keep yourself nice and relaxed before the exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't know if I should tell my parents about the dermatillomania part of my OCD... I don't want to worry them with it and it's really embarrassing but everybody keeps telling me they should know cos "they can help me" or "they'd want to know". Cheers for the guilt trip everyone! :sigh:
They'll totally flip out if I tell them. My dad already has anxiety issues as it is, he doesn't need me piling all this **** on him. I mean I might as well be telling them I SH- they'll see it the same way.

I don't know what to do about anything anymore. I can't make any ****** decision without second guessing myself :no:
Banging headache and feeling very nauseous... Dunno why I get myself into these situations :facepalm:

Me own fault as per :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
trigger for eating habits although what is under the spoiler would be considered 'good' behaviour.

Spoiler

Original post by Kindred
Don't know if I should tell my parents about the dermatillomania part of my OCD... I don't want to worry them with it and it's really embarrassing but everybody keeps telling me they should know cos "they can help me" or "they'd want to know". Cheers for the guilt trip everyone! :sigh:
They'll totally flip out if I tell them. My dad already has anxiety issues as it is, he doesn't need me piling all this **** on him. I mean I might as well be telling them I SH- they'll see it the same way.

I don't know what to do about anything anymore. I can't make any ****** decision without second guessing myself :no:

Don't listen to any of the the "they'd want to know advice" or anything that you feel is guilting. Do you think that telling your parents would help you? If they knew may it make it less likely to do it for fear of them seeing. Would this be beneficial to you? In reality you just have to do whatever is best for you, regardless of if your parents would like to know or not. If you think telling them would stress them, and you out then it isn't necessarily the best idea.
Reply 1950
Original post by Kindred
I'm sure you'll do fine. Just keep yourself nice and relaxed before the exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am keeping relaxed but that means no revision :sad: Will try to open books in a bit :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by octoberbaby
Don't listen to any of the the "they'd want to know advice" or anything that you feel is guilting. Do you think that telling your parents would help you? If they knew may it make it less likely to do it for fear of them seeing. Would this be beneficial to you? In reality you just have to do whatever is best for you, regardless of if your parents would like to know or not. If you think telling them would stress them, and you out then it isn't necessarily the best idea.

I dunno I mean tbh my mum's already noticed one of the marks so she may figure something out anyway. I should probably mention it to them before they start getting all paranoid about it. May chop it up to the meds though to avoid giving my mum the guilt of not noticing earlier (that always happens when I tell her anything). Also gives me an excuse for my emergency docs appointment. I can say the doc wanted to check up cos of the recent change in meds. I'm such an evil genius! mwahahaha :laugh: Cheers for being one of the only people to actually accept it's my choice and I don't have to tell them. :smile:

And well done! I'm really happy for you. :rave:
Original post by Kindred
I dunno I mean tbh my mum's already noticed one of the marks so she may figure something out anyway. I should probably mention it to them before they start getting all paranoid about it. May chop it up to the meds though to avoid giving my mum the guilt of not noticing earlier (that always happens when I tell her anything). Also gives me an excuse for my emergency docs appointment. I can say the doc wanted to check up cos of the recent change in meds. I'm such an evil genius! mwahahaha :laugh: Cheers for being one of the only people to actually accept it's my choice and I don't have to tell them. :smile:

And well done! I'm really happy for you. :rave:

Mmm yeah bringing in the new eds stuff sounds good because then you are genuinely keeping them up to date and such - great idea! :biggrin: Of course it's your choice, people try to get involved way too much.

Also thank you :3 I really want something more but I'm gonna see how it goes.
I think I've only really got chocolate icecream and I don't like chocolate icecream.
I think i've been spending so much effort on trying to reduce the outward signs of my OCD/ depression that i've forgotten they serve a purpose- calming me down. So... I'm writing up a list of everything I can think of to reduce my stress and anxiety. I've even come across a few new ones. Think I may post them as a thread later on, hopefully they can help somebody else find a healthier way to deal with things too.
I think i've managed to turn today around rather well. I'm quite proud of myself :fluffy:
Reply 1954
I feel so unbelievably low. I'm just angry at myself and the world. Dont really feel safe tonight. I just feel like giving up. Numb and empty.
Original post by 05autyt
I feel so unbelievably low. I'm just angry at myself and the world. Dont really feel safe tonight. I just feel like giving up. Numb and empty.

I feel like this quite often :/ i hope you don't feel like this for too long :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
THESE BURNING FEELINGS ARE PISSING ME OFF. Been unable to sleep for 3 days which always drives me into either depression or hypomania depending on which way I lean to on that day. The more I think about it the worse it gets, and now I'm scared because I googled it and all I got was stuff about early menopause. Why did I google it WHY.

I'm pretty sure it's just the tablets combined with my own anxiousness but it's annoying me so much. UHHH

Don't worryI highly doubt it's anything like early menopause. If it's anything like my experience it will reduce in a few days. Maybe ask your doctor about something to help you sleep? They may be able to give you something or suggest a slight alteration to your meds. Hope it calms down soon :penguinhug:
Original post by Kindred
I think i've been spending so much effort on trying to reduce the outward signs of my OCD/ depression that i've forgotten they serve a purpose- calming me down. So... I'm writing up a list of everything I can think of to reduce my stress and anxiety. I've even come across a few new ones. Think I may post them as a thread later on, hopefully they can help somebody else find a healthier way to deal with things too.
I think i've managed to turn today around rather well. I'm quite proud of myself :fluffy:

I am proud of you too, and I'd love to see your list, whether you post it as a thread or not
Reply 1958
Original post by Meaty_man
I feel like this quite often :/ i hope you don't feel like this for too long :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Dont know how to make it stop. I feel like I'm getting nowhere, maybe even getting worse. Sometimes I feel like i want to beat this ED and then other times it seems like its all thats keeping me going :'( I dont know how I feel tonight. Just like i deserve to hurt
Original post by octoberbaby
I am proud of you too, and I'd love to see your list, whether you post it as a thread or not

Thank you :biggrin: Should show up as a thread soon, you can see it there :smile:

Latest