The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys who thinks this paper is a bit too long ... 1h45 mintues.. it actually depends on the individuals if they take to long to write...

but i think it's fairly long paper.
Original post by Jacksgap

Spoiler

sorry wha exam board do u do for bio?:smile:

OCR sadly :frown:
Guys who thinks this paper is a bit too long ... 1h45 mintues.. it actually depends on the individuals if they take to long to write...

yea it's quite long. but its good cause you shuld have quite a lot of time left to check over your answers for silly little mistakes :smile:
somebody please correct me if im wrong but there is only three mechanisms we need to learn right? radical substitution, electrophilic addition and nucleophilic substitution? thanks
Original post by That_Clever_Guy
somebody please correct me if im wrong but there is only three mechanisms we need to learn right? free radical substitution, electrophilic addition and nucleophilic substitution? thanks

That's correct.
Original post by zangorou
That was crazy complicated! What exam board was that?

It's not from an exam board, they were the last questions on a (presumably undergraduate level) worksheet.
Original post by needtosucceed=)
ah you'd lose one mark for the product then, you'd have to use structural formula for it

Thanks and Good luck :smile:

I agree it just drags on.....
how is everyone feeling about the exam? what are you aiming for?

I'm feeling alright about it (my chemistry teacher is amazing at teaching chemistry though most people in year 13 got A's and B's in year 12) and im aiming for between 87-95 marks :smile:
OMG guys... is it just me who is thinking the JAN 2011 was HARD!! and just as what i thought after doing the paper the grade boundaries are 71/100 for an A ??

WOW the lowest i have ever seen..
:biggrin:
Original post by madmadmax321
how is everyone feeling about the exam? what are you aiming for?

I'm feeling alright about it (my chemistry teacher is amazing at teaching chemistry though most people in year 13 got A's and B's in year 12) and im aiming for between 87-95 marks :smile:

I'm aiming for 100% obviously but I'm not sure if it's attainable. Hopefully the tobic based revision I've done so far and will do early tomorrow morning and the past papers I'll do Monday afternoon will be sufficient.
I think 90% is fair :smile:
Original post by reubenkinara
I'm aiming for 100% obviously but I'm not sure if it's attainable. Hopefully the tobic based revision I've done so far and will do early tomorrow morning and the past papers I'll do Monday afternoon will be sufficient.
I think 90% is fair :smile:

I would love to aim for 100% but I always drop 2-5 marks from not reading the questions properly, I did a paper yesterday and got 97 and the three marks I lost for not reading it wanted all 4 structural formulas not just one like I put because I thought it only asked for one :angry:

Good luck
I would love to aim for 100% but I always drop 2-5 marks from not reading the questions properly, I did a paper yesterday and got 97 and the three marks I lost for not reading it wanted all 4 structural formulas not just one like I put because I thought it only asked for one :angry:

Good luck

97 would be full UMS?

I'll be happy with a mid A, anything more would be a bonus :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
OMG guys... is it just me who is thinking the JAN 2011 was HARD!! and just as what i thought after doing the paper the grade boundaries are 71/100 for an A ??

WOW the lowest i have ever seen..
:biggrin:

I didnt think it was too bad tbh the only question I thought was a bit nasty was Q5, think I got 91 on that paper

Good luck

holy 97 marks?
Original post by .raiden.
97 would be full UMS?

I'll be happy with a mid A, anything more would be a bonus :biggrin:

oh would it? One of the other teachers in the science department said as soon as you drop a mark on OCR you start losing UMS, well thats good then made my day a bit brighter now thanks maybe try for full UMS after all lol
oh would it? One of the other teachers in the science department said as soon as you drop a mark on OCR you start losing UMS, well thats good then made my day a bit brighter now thanks maybe try for full UMS after all lol

Unit 1 you needed full raw for full ums for sure maybe they meant that lol

Good luck with that, let me know in summer if you achieved 150 :wink:
Original post by momomo123
holy 97 marks?

yep :smile: I work REALLY hard in chemistry though and my teacher is amazing at teaching and he is really fast at teaching so we finished the unit about 2 and a half months ago so had lots of time for revision, I plan to study chemistry at uni so it helps to be good at it lol
Original post by .raiden.
Unit 1 you needed full raw for full ums for sure maybe they meant that lol

Good luck with that, let me know in summer if you achieved 150 :wink:

oh thats probably what they meant then. haha I will lets just hope the paper is nice and asks for all 3 mechanisms
Full Ums is about 88/100!

Latest

Trending

Trending