The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Crazy to think he only has two more episodes (50th and Christmas)...
Original post by Rascacielos
They must know who the next Doctor is going to be. It's not that far away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably. Won't be announced for a while though.

I hope the next Doctor is a bit older.
Tbh, when Eccelstone transformed, i really did not like Tennant, then when tennant transformed, i didn't like Smith.

My favourite assistants are Donna, as number one(you lot know, that 'am i bovad girl', and Clara Oswald number 2. Didn't like the rest tbh.
Original post by Feefifofum

I hope not! Well, not older than Tennant anyway.

I think having had David Tennant (:sexface:) and Matt Smith (:sexface:), it would be odd going back to an older, less attractive Doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Probably. Won't be announced for a while though.

But I only realised how good a Doctor he is during the Series 8 finale :frown:
Crazy to think he only has two more episodes (50th and Christmas)...

I know. Normally you get a fair amount of time to digest the news. We have less than 2 hours of Matt Smith....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just heard the news! :frown: Aww.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
What do folks think of her?

She is the best doctor who assistant of all time(if she does more than one series) Now if only the writer made episodes to capture that potential.
LOL guys.

This all sound and feels like we are undergoing a bereavement.
Original post by Miss Jean Brodie
But I only realised how good a Doctor he is during the Series 8 finale :frown:

I know. I'm so sorry to hear about the news. He will still be with us, *points towards my chest* in here. Stay strong.
Original post by MENDACIUM

Not that old, but the original series Doctors were all considerably older and I've got a bit bored with Matt Smith being so childish all the time. DT was once in a while but he could do serious as well, much better than Matt Smith. I'm hoping for someone mid-30s...
Reply 1492
Was really hoping Matt Smith would stay for at least until the end of series 8. I actually loved the 11th doctor's personality and style wanted to see more with him and Clara. Just hope the next one lives up to the expectations.
Reply 1493
Sad Matt is leaving, because he's grown on me quite a lot recently and he's really shown what a good actor he is. But it'll be exciting to find out who the next one will be...
My only real complaint is that it's happening so soon. What a way to ruin Christmas for people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Not that old, but the original series Doctors were all considerably older and I've got a bit bored with Matt Smith being so childish all the time. DT was once in a while but he could do serious as well, much better than Matt Smith. I'm hoping for someone mid-30s...

I personally feel Eccelstone was the best doctor out of all three. Matt Smith and DT are different types, and yes, Matt Smith was 'childish' at times, but personally, it helped eased the tension in some of the episodes. I hate watching something and feeling an emotional boulder on my back.

This may sound controversial, but do you guys think we will ever get a doctor who isn't white?(Not that i particularly care!) Would you guys care?
Considering how the series has been treated lately by Moffat and the producers, I can't say I'm surprised. I'd be even less surprised if the next doctor was revealed to be the last one or something. I can provide links to the reasoning for my thoughts if you like.
My absolute favorite doctor:

Unless the girl from waterloo road carries on, my favourite assitant:

(edited 10 years ago)
Must say I'm very surprised I thought he was leaving a bit later like after series 8..I wonder if there's any chance that Tennant mit somehow return as the doctor...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not all that sad. He's been good but a shake up is probably not a bad thing. Still feels like rehashed-Tennant at the moment.

James Nesbitt please :awesome:
Pretty gutted to be honest. Definitely feel that he had at least one series left in him and I feel like the Clara-Doctor partnership didn't really get properly started.

Can't think who could replace him either, I've very much enjoyed Matt Smith as the Doctor so I think he'll be a tough act to follow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending