The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 3rd June 2013 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Whostolemycookie
I think they're talking about the generative nucleus when it undergoes mitosis it creates 2 nuclei and when it enters the ovule it fertilizes with the zygote and the other fertilizes with the other polar nuclei and then it becomes the endosperm

I think :smile:

Doesn't it fertilise with the gamete to produce a zygote ? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I get a free download link or read online SNAB revision guide?
PLZ sumbody help me.. :frown:
Original post by Nowshin Khan
Can I get a free download link or read online SNAB revision guide?
PLZ sumbody help me.. :frown:

SNAB student book or revision guide?
Original post by billyfisher100
In transpiration (which is not even on the spec) water vapour diffuses out through stomata, because water evaporates in sponges mesophyll and guard cells. This causes water to be replaced through capillary action in xylem, then osmosis to the leaf cells. Water is drawn up through xylem through cohesion tension (which is also not on the spec).

Transpiration isn't in the spec?! What about pathways through the root to the Xylem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys does anyone know what core practicals may come up this time? ANTIMICROBIAL and PLANT deficiencies came up in Jan anyways.. suggestions?
Question: What is a benefit of using pluripotent stem cells rather then totipotent for the treatment of type 1 diabetes?
SNAB student book or revision guide?

SNAB revision guide
Question: What is a benefit of using pluripotent stem cells rather then totipotent for the treatment of type 1 diabetes?

Urrrr... Totipotent gives rise to all the cells but plruipotenet does give rise to all the cell types except extra-emryonic stem cells therefore it's limited to produce only specific cells like for treating type 1 diabtetes.

?? :curious:

hELP
(edited 10 years ago)

Can be taken from left over IVF embryos instead of having to produce new ones? Fused cells maybe? Dunno :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Guys does anyone know what core practicals may come up this time? ANTIMICROBIAL and PLANT deficiencies came up in Jan anyways.. suggestions?

HELP
Original post by Branny101
Transpiration isn't in the spec?! What about pathways through the root to the Xylem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/UA024831%20GCE%20in%20Biology%20Issue%204%20250510.pdf

Read the spec and you'll find out that half the stuff in that bloody snab student book isn't even in the spec!!
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/UA024831%20GCE%20in%20Biology%20Issue%204%20250510.pdf

Read the spec and you'll find out that half the stuff in that bloody snab student book isn't even in the spec!!

TRUE most of then are garbage.. or for extension. :redface:
Original post by Jacksgap

HELP

Root tip squash almost for sure
Totipotency
Actually describing ntimicrobial properties of plants.
tensile strength

There was so much practical and HSW emphasis in January that maybe a practical wont even come up
Original post by Jacksgap
TRUE most of then are garbage.. or for extension. :redface:

Or if edexcel decide to give us a nice little off-spec surprise as they often do...

Its true, but are the pathways there? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

SNAB revision GUIDE plz???
Reply 1236
is genetic screening in unit 2 (pls reply soon )
Original post by wbrian
is genetic screening in unit 2 (pls reply soon )

Nope
Reply 1238
Nope

thankss :biggrin:
Original post by Nowshin Khan
SNAB revision GUIDE plz???

Sorry I've no idea

But to be honest I have one and its not even that good. I would recommend making your own printed notes if you have not done so already or readi material from class or summarising textbook notes. Read the spec as well and check you know all of the points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending