The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jay-Dee
Could be about eyes? or CAT scans haha!

Great thanks :P
Reply 41
Original post by iceangel8
Does anyone have any PDF P3 past papers I've only got the two specimens!!!??

The one we are doing is the first paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wahid1
The one we are doing is the first paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wow really? Thanks!!
Reply 43
I've got to the point now where I have covered everything! just waiting for the exam now... hopefully the six markers are on PET scanners and Particle Accelerators!
Reply 44
Original post by thesamster
I've got to the point now where I have covered everything! just waiting for the exam now... hopefully the six markers are on PET scanners and Particle Accelerators!

Oh god no. The first part of section 4, with cyclotrons, is just dreadful. I really hope there's small amounts on that stuff -.- Minus the awful physics experiments, that is my least favourite part of the whole Physics specification :|
Reply 45
By the way, does anyone know if we get given the Snell's Law formulas in the exam?
Original post by Jay-Dee
By the way, does anyone know if we get given the Snell's Law formulas in the exam?

Yes I think so I did a specimen paper with a question on it and the formula sheet was extended with it on. I'd learn it maybe just in case but its not hard :P
Any predictions for P3 6 markers???
Reply 48
Original post by iceangel8
Any predictions for P3 6 markers???

I reckon one has to be on PET scanning. It comes up 2 or 3 times in the whole specification and there's a lot to write about it, e.g. how they work, advantages and disadvantages!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jay-Dee
I reckon one has to be on PET scanning. It comes up 2 or 3 times in the whole specification and there's a lot to write about it, e.g. how they work, advantages and disadvantages!

yeah I hope it comes up!!! good luck!!
im a bit confused as to how light rays converge BEYOND the retina when long sighted people look at a close object. if it doesn't converge on the retina where does it converge on. i mean it can't go beyond the eye can it?:confused:
Reply 51
It just means that the image would focus if the retina was further back. It doesn't actually go beyond the eye!
Reply 52
Hey guys anybody know how exactly a pulse oximeter works? i kinda know in general but i'm scared it'll come up..
Reply 53
A pulse oximeter works by passing infrared and visible light through a patients finger. Visible light and infrared light is absorbed by the oxyhemoglobin (protein found in the blood) in the blood. The light passes though the patients finger and is detected on the other side. If there is a higher concentration of oxyhemoglobin (more oxygen) in the blood, then more light is absorbed giving a lower reading on the detector, this works in the opposite way, if there is a low concentration of oxyhemoglobin, then less light is going to detected and a higher reading will be given.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
Ahh thank you! :biggrin:

Original post by thesamster
A pulse oximeter works by passing infrared and visible light through a patients finger. Visible light and infrared light is absorbed by the oxyhemoglobin (protein found in the blood) in the blood. The light passes though the patients finger and is detected on the other side. If there is a higher concentration of oxyhemoglobin (more oxygen) in the blood, then more light is absorbed giving a lower reading on the detector, this works in the opposite way, if there is a low concentration of oxyhemoglobin, then less light is going to detected and a higher reading will be given.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending