The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
For Weimar Republic:

What would you guys write/say if a question on Weimar Republic predates 1919 and/or further exceeds to 1933? This is what is getting me confused. The timeline in the question.

From what i know, i learnt/revised everything from 1919-29 (Early Years-Golden Years).

Example:
To what extent was the effective government of Germany in the years 1919-33 handicapped by the nature of the Weimar constitution? --- For this, i know what i could talk about from 1919-29, but what do i talk about from 30-33?

And I've seen a couple of questions from 1929-33 and i have no clue what to talk about. Example:
β€œThe weaknesses of the Weimar Constitution explain the failures of the Weimar Republic in the period 1929-33” How far do you agree with this judgement?

All i know of Weimar is 1919-24. Help please?
Is anyone else worried for tomorrow? I have no idea what to do! Help! :smile:
Reply 182
Original post by Gingerbread95
Is anyone else worried for tomorrow? I have no idea what to do! Help! :smile:

I am so so worried for this exam! Need to get a B (no idea how in the hell this is gonna happen) D:
Reply 183
Original post by Indyy
For Weimar Republic:

What would you guys write/say if a question on Weimar Republic predates 1919 and/or further exceeds to 1933? This is what is getting me confused. The timeline in the question.

From what i know, i learnt/revised everything from 1919-29 (Early Years-Golden Years).

Example:
To what extent was the effective government of Germany in the years 1919-33 handicapped by the nature of the Weimar constitution? --- For this, i know what i could talk about from 1919-29, but what do i talk about from 30-33?

And I've seen a couple of questions from 1929-33 and i have no clue what to talk about. Example:
β€œThe weaknesses of the Weimar Constitution explain the failures of the Weimar Republic in the period 1929-33” How far do you agree with this judgement?

All i know of Weimar is 1919-24. Help please?
Good question, but I actually have no idea. I'm just really hoping 1924-29 comes up, because they've never really specified that.....If it makes any of you feel better I've got so much to do. In terms of memorising. I'm missing out 1900-1914....I'm doing Weimar, Nazi's, and WW2.....
Original post by SuHoo
I am so so worried for this exam! Need to get a B (no idea how in the hell this is gonna happen) D:

I need to get a C for uni, but i would rather a B! I have a feeling i've been cramming all weekend aha!
Reply 185
I need to get a C for uni, but i would rather a B! I have a feeling i've been cramming all weekend aha!

Same here haha but all week, which really isn't good as I have an English exam tomorrow afternoon! I really want Weimar to come up because I feel I know that one best, but going through everything today just makes my head want to explode! I feel like there's like too much my brain isn't working properly haha!
Original post by Kousar
Good question, but I actually have no idea. I'm just really hoping 1924-29 comes up, because they've never really specified that.....If it makes any of you feel better I've got so much to do. In terms of memorising. I'm missing out 1900-1914....I'm doing Weimar, Nazi's, and WW2.....

I seriously hope Weimar comes up and the 'Golden Years', I've been focusing on that and the war economy mainly..but i'm bricking it!
Original post by SuHoo
Same here haha but all week, which really isn't good as I have an English exam tomorrow afternoon! I really want Weimar to come up because I feel I know that one best, but going through everything today just makes my head want to explode! I feel like there's like too much my brain isn't working properly haha!

You have two exams in one day? Unlucky! Thankfully the history exam tomorrow is my last one! Yeah, i've been doing bits and pieces throughout the week, there's just so much content to get my head around!
Reply 188
Original post by Kousar

I don't think anyone is doing the Second Reich tbh. But you should do the impact of WWI aswell!
Reply 189
You have two exams in one day? Unlucky! Thankfully the history exam tomorrow is my last one! Yeah, i've been doing bits and pieces throughout the week, there's just so much content to get my head around!

aaah that's lucky, haha, these two tomorrow are my first :frown: I've made mind maps and that, but reading them back doesn't help me, always goes in one ear and our the other D:
Reply 190
Original post by SuHoo
aaah that's lucky, haha, these two tomorrow are my first :frown: I've made mind maps and that, but reading them back doesn't help me, always goes in one ear and our the other D:

I've got two tomorrow aswell and i have too made mind maps! I made the same one like 4-5 times, before making a final one. I have 21 final mind maps, and it was a very helpful technique.
Reply 191
Original post by Indyy
I've got two tomorrow aswell and i have too made mind maps! I made the same one like 4-5 times, before making a final one. I have 21 final mind maps, and it was a very helpful technique.

Glad I'm not the only one! That's a good idea! How are you revising for everything now, like the day before?
Reply 192
Original post by SuHoo
Glad I'm not the only one! That's a good idea! How are you revising for everything now, like the day before?

Im just going over my mind maps, like remembering it without looking, 'cus i used trigger words throughout to help me explain a viewpoint etc. Later on i may look at some questions, but i should do some ICT stuff. I haven't even touched it. If your struggling with remembering your mind maps, just keep doing them again and again but time is a constraint. We havent got long.
Reply 193

Your last exam?!! I'm so jealous, this is my first..... :'(
Reply 194
So does any one reckon that in section a) it will be about the german responsibility of WW1. and in b) how popular was the nazi regime from 1933 -39?
Reply 195
I'm just really confused about which controversy is in which part?

Can anyone advance on this?
Original post by Kousar
Your last exam?!! I'm so jealous, this is my first..... :'(

Yep already had two aha! Your first, really? When do you finish?!
Reply 197
Original post by ExamWhizz
So does any one reckon that in section a) it will be about the german responsibility of WW1. and in b) how popular was the nazi regime from 1933 -39?
I don't know but I've only revised german aggression, no need to revise two controversies. I'm not a fan of the Nazi section.
All 3 of my a-level exams are on the same day :frown: I reckon section a will be german responsibility or it will be about weak/strong hitler. I'd hate a popularity question as it is so hard to measure!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ExamWhizz
I'm just really confused about which controversy is in which part?

Can anyone advance on this?

I get really confused on that too! I think that for the first question there will be something on Weimar? And i'm hoping on something on the final solution, or even nazi popularity would be ok!

Latest