The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kousar
I don't know but I've only revised german aggression, no need to revise two controversies. I'm not a fan of the Nazi section.

I don't like the nazi section either...the only part i don't mind is the final solution, and i could answer a question about nazi popularity, but i wouldn't want a question on Hitler and how good a leader he was to come up!
Reply 201
Original post by Gingerbread95
I get really confused on that too! I think that for the first question there will be something on Weimar? And i'm hoping on something on the final solution, or even nazi popularity would be ok!

Yeah, i just think there will be a twist as ever in this paper tomorrow...
I've covered pretty much everything but don't know what exactly to concentrate on to get ans A or B :frown:
Reply 202
So what are the controversies that can come up in part a?
Reply 203
Original post by ExamWhizz
So what are the controversies that can come up in part a?

Wait, you are confusing yourself.

Section A:
- Second Reich
- Impact of WWI
- Early Weimar
- Stresemann's Golden Years
- The Nazi Regime
- WWII

There are no controversies in section A.

Section B:
- Causes of WWI
- Nazi popularity/efficiency.

There are two controversies in section B. One question will be on WWI and the other on the Nazi's.
OK so if we divide the course into 1 - upto 1914. 2 - Weimar Republic. 3 - Nazi rise to power. 4 - Life in wartime Germany.
2010 - 3 and 4
2011 - 2 and 4
2012 - 1 and 3

I reckon 2 (Weimar Republic) is likely to appear
So am I right in think that the general consensus is part A is likely to be Consolidation of power/Impact of WWI/War Economy?
Reply 206
Original post by Chasethefireflie
All 3 of my a-level exams are on the same day :frown: I reckon section a will be german responsibility or it will be about weak/strong hitler. I'd hate a popularity question as it is so hard to measure!

surely being both of the controversies that would be section b??
Reply 207
Original post by Sadia Ahmed
Sorry, that's all I've got too!

For war economy I've got:

factors causing failures in war production - chaotic government/nature of the regime, old fashioned production methods, shortages of labour, shortages of raw materials, and the fact that war was not planned for 1939

Successes of Ernst Todt and Albert Speer

Limitations of Todt/Speer's success e.g. anglo-american bombing

Reply 208
How would you guys structure a ww2 economy essay?
I have chaotic nature, raw materials and labour as main paragraphs but don't know if this is enough?

Original post by M86
I have chaotic nature, raw materials and labour as main paragraphs but don't know if this is enough?

I would say

Initially not ready, had to use Blitzkrieg
Labour shortages, use of foreign labour but of poor quality, no conscription of women
Raw Materials
Total war, Speer's rationalisation

Conclusion - economy not suited to total war, didn't best use resources or labour. Didn't want to restructure economy as didn't want socio-economic turmoil
Reply 210
Original post by ArsenalBen
I would say

Initially not ready, had to use Blitzkrieg
Labour shortages, use of foreign labour but of poor quality, no conscription of women
Raw Materials
Total war, Speer's rationalisation

Conclusion - economy not suited to total war, didn't best use resources or labour. Didn't want to restructure economy as didn't want socio-economic turmoil

Thank you!
Can they ask us too what extent it was efficient or will the question revolve around what factor made the war economy inefficient?
Yeah, i just think there will be a twist as ever in this paper tomorrow...
I've covered pretty much everything but don't know what exactly to concentrate on to get ans A or B :frown:

Oh god i hope there won't be anything horrible :frown:
I have no idea what to concentrate on but i'm kind of just doing an overview of everything now :frown: What did you get last year?
Reply 212
Original post by M86

If it's efficiency i would structure it like this:

Intro.

Para 1: Nature of the party - The decree's, the agencies etc.
Para 2: Utilisation of labour - Women, foreign workers, prisioners in camps could of been used.
Para 3: Utilisation of resources - Lack of natural resources, annexed lands etc.
Para 4: Individuals - such as Speer who helped the economy and talk about how the 'blanket bombing' effects couldn't be reversed by him. Goring who had no experience in economics and worked 'Towards the Fuhrer'. Gauleiter's who continued to work at local levels dismissing polices.

Conclusion.
Original post by M86
Thank you!
Can they ask us too what extent it was efficient or will the question revolve around what factor made the war economy inefficient?

I don't think they'd ask which part was inefficient, wouldn't they expect you to be evaluating whether it was or wasn't yourself?

I'd expect a question along the lines of "From 1939-45 Germany's economy was in a state of chaos to what extent do you agree with this view?", if this topic came up. Or maybe "To what extent was a shortage of raw materials the biggest problem facing Germany's economy 1939-45?"
Reply 214
So section a) is not the controversies

Section b) has the controversies in them?

Is that right guys?
So section a) is not the controversies

Section b) has the controversies in them?

Is that right guys?

Yes, section A is two questions from two topics out of

Kaiserreich/Impact of WWI
Weimar (both parts)
Nazi rise to power
WWII - economy, support and final solution

Whereas Section B is two questions, one each on

Germany's responsibility for WWI
Nazi popularity/efficiency 33-39
Reply 216
Original post by ArsenalBen
Yes, section A is two questions from two topics out of

Kaiserreich/Impact of WWI
Weimar (both parts)
Nazi rise to power
WWII - economy, support and final solution

Whereas Section B is two questions, one each on

Germany's responsibility for WWI
Nazi popularity/efficiency 33-39

So am i right in saying that, what you wrote is all they can ask you in both sections?

Thanks for replying btw :smile:
Reply 217
What kind of question would include the treaty of Versailles in its answer? I'm really stuck. Im just focusing on Weimar and doing nothing on the holocaust etc
Reply 218
Original post by Kousar
What kind of question would include the treaty of Versailles in its answer? I'm really stuck. Im just focusing on Weimar and doing nothing on the holocaust etc

One about the Weimar 1919-23 and Golden Years 1924-29.

Latest

Trending

Trending