The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh my goodness berserk is an amazing anime, I dont think there is any like it, how did u find it
Original post by electro14
Oh my goodness berserk is an amazing anime, I dont think there is any like it, how did u find it

Read the manga a million times better, i got so glued into it i read all 300 odd chapters in 2 days, plus the anime only goes up to like 1/10 the way the manga has

Its nothing like the anime

Every chapter has extreme gore, rape, sex when i mean extreme i mean HEAVY.

Actually i wouldn't read it because some scenes are so bad (Like the rape) it'll make u rage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been watching Joshikousei aka High School Girls after spying a short clip on youtube...
Its not too bad I guess :smile: quite funny at times.
Original post by CosmicVengeance
Read the manga a million times better, i got so glued into it i read all 300 odd chapters in 2 days, plus the anime only goes up to like 1/10 the way the manga has

Its nothing like the anime

Every chapter has extreme gore, rape, sex when i mean extreme i mean HEAVY.

Actually i wouldn't read it because some scenes are so bad (Like the rape) it'll make u rage

Posted from TSR Mobile

The mock eclipse part was amazing! really brutal and bizarre, and yet so good
I remember seeing a goat man with a snake for a penis :rofl:
Reply 4624
Well I guess while I'm on here...

It's been about eight months since I last watched any anime. I did start the Sailor Moon manga recently but I'm still on volume one, and I've read a bit of the HSoTD manga.

Currently more interested in movies and games which is part of the reason I haven't been on here for a long time.
Reply 4625
If I were you, I would buy a nice external hard drive with that 120£ and download all these mangas then read with cdisplay.

I think you can download manga from shounen jump magazine directly, if you have a subscription.
(edited 10 years ago)
I really dont know why the anime was not so long, I hope sometime in the future they bring the animation series back just like hunter x hunter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by electro14
I really dont know why the anime was not so long, I hope sometime in the future they bring the animation series back just like hunter x hunter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you aware of the recent Berserk movie trilogy? It retells the Golden Age arc from the start rather than continue where the series left off, but since the third movie only premiered in Japan last February, there's always the possibility they may animate other arcs in the future. :yes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4628
Original post by Zambrino
If I were you, I would buy a nice external hard drive with that 120£ and download all these mangas then read with cdisplay.

I like owning paper copies and supporting the industry. Same reason why I buy anime, though I always download the series first to see if I like it then go out to buy the DVD copy.
Looks like I'll be picking up the Here is Greenwood manga, after a friend offered to sell me four of the nine volumes for £20 + P&P. One of the volumes would otherwise cost £30 on its own! :zomg: Luckily she got them when they were lower priced, so doesn't mind. :biggrin:
Reply 4630

Eren, Miskasa and Connie singing AoT OP.

You can go home now the whole AoT OP fits with everything meme is dead.
I'm now halfway through the final volume of Negima!... I started the series only a few months after discovering manga, seven and a half years ago. The fifth series I started. It's like the end of an era! :cry2:
Reply 4632
It's episodes like the latest Titan that make me hate watching uncompleted anime. I want the next episode NOW!
that was a really nice ep of Oreimo :h:
Reply 4634
Bought volume 14 & 15 of Hikaru no Go this week and the complete DVD collection of Birdy the Mighty :biggrin:

And now...I am in need of some advice. I really want to buy the DVD collection of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagann, however these have now become somewhat hard to attain (just look on Amazon at the prices these are - £100 or over!). I've found a seller though on ebay who is a top seller in anime so they can be trusted, however the thing that bugs me is that the dvd he's selling is Region 0 which can be used anywhere as opposed to Region 2 which is for UK specifically. It sounds a bit too good to be true but also a bit dodgy. Here are the links to their products:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Tv-Series-Movies-Complete-Box-Set-/321122409599?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item4ac4631c7f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tengen-Toppa-Gurren-Lagann-Complete-Series-Movies-DVD-Box-Set-UK-SELLER-/251273376816?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item3a810f7430

Any thoughts?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Naami
Bought volume 14 & 15 of Hikaru no Go this week and the complete DVD collection of Birdy the Mighty :biggrin:

And now...I am in need of some advice. I really want to buy the DVD collection of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagann, however these have now become somewhat hard to attain (just look on Amazon at the prices these are - £100 or over!). I've found a seller though on ebay who is a top seller in anime so they can be trusted, however the thing that bugs me is that the dvd he's selling is Region 0 which can be used anywhere as opposed to Region 2 which is for UK specifically. It sounds a bit too good to be true but also a bit dodgy. Here are the links to their products:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Tv-Series-Movies-Complete-Box-Set-/321122409599?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item4ac4631c7f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tengen-Toppa-Gurren-Lagann-Complete-Series-Movies-DVD-Box-Set-UK-SELLER-/251273376816?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item3a810f7430

Any thoughts?

Region 0 anime DVDs are usually (not always, but usually) knock-offs, either DVD rips of the official US releases, or dodgy HK subs.

Looking through the other things this seller is offering, I notice they have Gundam AGE with Malay, Chinese and 'English' subs... seems a bit dubious to me.
Reply 4636
Original post by Naami

Any thoughts?

Yeah, as per AngryJellyfish's reply, it looks fishy to me. Unfortunately, the chances are that someone with legal copies of those DVD collections to sell who's savvy enough to sell them online will do a price check and work out that they can set the price high; if it looks to good to be true it probably is.
Reply 4637
Is Shingeki no Kyojin worth checking out? A lot of people I follow on Twitter and Tumblr are watching it and discussing it, so I'm intrigued.

Now that it's (finally!) summer vacation I'm looking for things to watch. I've already downloaded Beck and Natsume Yuujinchou. :^_^:
Original post by laridum
Is Shingeki no Kyojin worth checking out? A lot of people I follow on Twitter and Tumblr are watching it and discussing it, so I'm intrigued.

Definitely, so long as you don't mind a fair bit of gore and violence. :yes:
Reply 4639
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Definitely, so long as you don't mind a fair bit of gore and violence. :yes:

I don't mind at all. I'm downloading it now. :biggrin:

Latest