The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by MathsNerd1
Nope, it's M2 then F325, then C3 then C4 the F324 and STEP II on the same day, then FP2 and finally STEP I and AEA also on the same day, should be great fun :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG , how many exams are you doing! Really well done though you have good motivation keep it up!
Original post by otrivine
OMG , how many exams are you doing! Really well done though you have good motivation keep it up!

11 in total, only 9 left though! :biggrin: And its going to be some fun few weeks now :tongue: Better get back to my M2 now, will probably be back on later on tonight though for a few questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1262
11 in total, only 9 left though! :biggrin: And its going to be some fun few weeks now :tongue: Better get back to my M2 now, will probably be back on later on tonight though for a few questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure and you did not answer my question for F325, I assume you did not know the answer to that, it was a tough question :tongue:
Reply 1263
Original post by Sarangtaec
Whats F323 and F326? We've only done the ones I listed plus practicals which I think I had 50 UMS at AS and I'm not sure but I think 68/100 at A2?

F323 and F326 are the practical units.
you got 50/60 for AS
What you get for A2 F326? then ill work it out. (its out of 40 raw marks) then /60 for a UMS
Sure and you did not answer my question for F325, I assume you did not know the answer to that, it was a tough question :tongue:

I didn't answer as another poster already said what I was going to say, that's all :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ofudge
you got 50/60 for AS
What you get for A2 F326? then ill work it out. (its out of 40 raw marks) then /60 for a UMS

do you know how many ums is 37/40?
Original post by master y
do you know how many ums is 37/40?

51/60 - seems harsh, but that's going by last year's grade boundaries.
Original post by Zaphod77
51/60 - seems harsh, but that's going by last year's grade boundaries.

yeah that is harsh..:/ lets hope the grade boundaries are lower this year:crossedf:
yeah that is harsh..:/ lets hope the grade boundaries are lower this year:crossedf:

Hopefully, but it depends on the current set of students! Hi-5 on the same coursework mark though :tongue:
Hopefully, but it depends on the current set of students! Hi-5 on the same coursework mark though :tongue:

:five:

I didn't answer as another poster already said what I was going to say, that's all :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ofudge
you got 50/60 for AS

Hiya, just wondering for Q4bii...http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/79471-question-paper-unit-f324-rings-polymers-and-analysis.pdf why is it that the alkane has a longer retention time.. is it so it can interact more with the stationary phase? I thought the alcohol would have a longer retention time because it can form hydrogen bonds with the alkane... i might be totally wrong here... someone correct me!!
Hiya, just wondering for Q4bii...http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/79471-question-paper-unit-f324-rings-polymers-and-analysis.pdf why is it that the alkane has a longer retention time.. is it so it can interact more with the stationary phase? I thought the alcohol would have a longer retention time because it can form hydrogen bonds with the alkane... i might be totally wrong here... someone correct me!!

My thoughts exactly! I'm planning on going to ask my chem teacher :tongue:

I wonder if it's because the alkane could take part in a substitution reaction with the alkane liquid, forming a longer alkane? Then it would be alcohol, as alcohols are highly soluble.
Reply 1273
Has anyone done Jan 2011 Q 4bi) ?
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/58126-question-paper-unit-f324-rings-polymers-and-analysis.pdf

You're asked to draw the skeletal formula for an aldehyde- how on earth did anyone get it?
could somebody explain please...
Original post by ofudge
Has anyone done Jan 2011 Q 4bi) ?
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/58126-question-paper-unit-f324-rings-polymers-and-analysis.pdf

You're asked to draw the skeletal formula for an aldehyde- how on earth did anyone get it?
could somebody explain please...

It's quite simple, perhaps you didn't read the box.. it says an aldehyde (RCHO) is reacted with bla bla in synthesis 2. In the question it gives you R, so now can you draw the aldehyde?
Original post by Lilmzbest
My thoughts exactly! I'm planning on going to ask my chem teacher :tongue:

Please tell me what he/she says after!
Please tell me what he/she says after!

Will do :smile:
Reply 1277
It's quite simple, perhaps you didn't read the box.. it says an aldehyde (RCHO) is reacted with bla bla in synthesis 2. In the question it gives you R, so now can you draw the aldehyde?

I got that bit that it was an aldehyde, but how did you work out R to be CH2COOH?
Original post by ofudge
I got that bit that it was an aldehyde, but how did you work out R to be CH2COOH?

its in the question... read the question.
Reply 1279
How's everyone been doing in past papers. I've fallen into the trap again of just rushing through and not doing them properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending