The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boumavilla
Just realised how many faces were in the post I just sent! :teehee:

Why so? :console:

Original post by Stevo F
what's wrong? :console:

I just feel old and like I shouldn't be on this site anymore :mmm: I want to be a fresher again :emo: :moon:
Original post by ranbow99
Oh man I can't look at this thread right now, it's making me even more sad :emo:

:console: whats wrong ranbow? okay which one of you is making ranbow sad (gets the bat out again)
I just feel old and like I shouldn't be on this site anymore :mmm: I want to be a fresher again :emo: :moon:

:lol: I feel too young to be here... Our ages balance out :cool:

You're not old :nah:

You're still a student, that's all that matters :yep:
ranbow you re not old unless you are saying you an 70 year old crazy penguin lady who lives on bannerman road

Original post by Stevo F
Good luck! :h:

thanks

Honestly, I had Cardiff first choice! :yes:

Bristol, Sussex, Kent and Aberystwyth are my other preferences - somewhere good to study where it is nice to live! :h:

You know ze head of department?! :adore:

Where in particular would you suggest living? :holmes: I was hoping for somewhere countrysidey, not too far away from the city and the sea. Gee this is like Escape To The Country! :mmm:

Theoretical, Particle and Astrophysics are the best imo! :mmm:

They're so interesting and mind blowing! :eek4:

The only problem I have with the Physics with Astrophysics degree is that I still have to cover a lot of Physics I won't be interested in. :sigh:

I too have one on ze 5th, Physics retake. I'm getting As on the past papers with no revision. :lolwut: So how did I not do as well in my exam in January? :confused:

i am retaking unit 2 :yep:
those are exams for ya
(edited 10 years ago)
Honestly, I had Cardiff first choice! :yes:

Exeter is higher grades as far as I'm aware, if you put cardiff first there's no point putting Exeter as insurance :sad:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Lol at least you're going to be a student for quite a few more years :mmm:

Original post by Converse girl
ranbow you re not old unless you are saying you an 70 year old crazy penguin lady who lives on bannerman road

Crazy penguin lady is a suitably fitting description of me :mmm: Although i'm not that old, i'm 69 :shakecane: :mmm:
:awesome:

Dr.Karen Holford, if you google her, it's her I know :h:

Hmmm... That's quite a tough one... I'd suggest talybont actually :mmm:

Near my school, won't be there anymore though :rofl: (far away from my house though)

Has a river and grass and fields nearby! (blackweir)

And then town is one long road away :smile: transport links are great too

Oh great! :h: I may well be in contact with her soon... :colone: (Not the weird way)

On Google Earth it looks pleasant with some fields! :mmm: But thanks for the suggestion! :biggrin: I could be asking a lot more about the area in the future... :yep:

I just hope I don't have to live in student accomodation... :grumble: I'm pretty sure there are lots of nice people, it's a shame that there will be some right ********* too! :sigh:

You're still at uni, aren't you? :mmm:
You're not old yet! When you finish uni though, it'll feel weird to still be chatting on a student site. :K:

Year 11s are the prime age for TSR! :lol:

Year 9 is too young, it's like, please just stop complaining about end of year exams and leave! :fuhrer:

i am retaking unit 2 :yep:
those are exams for ya

:five:

Good luck for it! :h:

I wonder which 6 marker will come up? :beard:

Crazy penguin lady is a suitably fitting description of me :mmm: Although i'm not that old, i'm 69 :shakecane: :mmm:

oh that is okay your still young 70 though you should change career and become the cool granny with the motorbike :ahee: but in all seriousness have you seen how old nev is (90s)and he is still crawling around heplessly with his long white beard (thinking of gandalf)tripping about
Original post by Stevo F
Exeter is higher grades as far as I'm aware, if you put cardiff first there's no point putting Exeter as insurance :sad:

Cardiff and Exeter both have AAB I believe...

I could be rejected by one for another reason? :dontknow:

It's still too early to say yet though... :moon:
Oh great! :h: I may well be in contact with her soon... :colone: (Not the weird way)

On Google Earth it looks pleasant with some fields! :mmm: But thanks for the suggestion! :biggrin: I could be asking a lot more about the area in the future... :yep:

I just hope I don't have to live in student accomodation... :grumble: I'm pretty sure there are lots of nice people, it's a shame that there will be some right ********* too! :sigh:

You're not old yet! When you finish uni though, it'll feel weird to still be chatting on a student site. :K:

Year 9 is too young, it's like, please just stop complaining about end of year exams and leave! :fuhrer:

Good luck for it! :h:

I wonder which 6 marker will come up? :beard:

you too :yep:

knowing the examiners they wil come up with the most fudged up 6 marker they can think of :facepalm:
Cardiff and Exeter both have AAB I believe...

I could be rejected by one for another reason? :dontknow:

It's still too early to say yet though... :moon:

Oh right I presume Cardiff is ABB for the bachelor course and AAB for the masters...

But anyways, there still wouldnt be a point in having one as firm and one as insurance if your given the same grade offers
Original post by Stevo F
Oh right I presume Cardiff is ABB for the bachelor course and AAB for the masters...

But anyways, there still wouldnt be a point in having one as firm and one as insurance if your given the same grade offers

Yeah that's right. :yep:

You have a point... :unsure: Although they are both different courses, and I may change my mind closer to the time. I think all of the ones I am interested in want AAB, apart from Aberystwyth, but what if I got rejected in one interview and not in another? :dontknow: Or perhaps there is a sudden rise in demand for one course so the grade boundaries shoot up? :dontknow:

I'm in my final year so yeah... :mmm: I just can't believe how quick its gone and that i'll never get to be a student again :emo: And then TSR is filled with students haha :zomg:

oh that is okay your still young 70 though you should change career and become the cool granny with the motorbike :ahee: but in all seriousness have you seen how old nev is (90s)and he is still crawling around heplessly with his long white beard (thinking of gandalf)tripping about

Lol but i'd be too scared to ride a motorbike :lol: I'll be one of those (un)cool grannies who lives with 10 cats :mmm:

Lmao :toofunny:
nope we can both be awesome crazy motor bike grannies i will help you dont fear crazy old super momma is here

:mmm: he is going to kill me if he sees that oh well i wonder if i sent him picie of victoria or venassa i could get away with :mmm:
(edited 10 years ago)

That is true :colondollar:

Haha :wink:

That's fine by me... If you're going to be renting your own place...? Then I can suggest other areas :smile:

Meh, students :rolleyes:

:ahee: I think year 12/13+ is where it starts...

So true :lol: a year 7 came up on one of my threads... I was like :eek: just go and relax :rolleyes:
Yeah that's right. :yep:

You have a point... :unsure: Although they are both different courses, and I may change my mind closer to the time. I think all of the ones I am interested in want AAB, apart from Aberystwyth, but what if I got rejected in one interview and not in another? :dontknow: Or perhaps there is a sudden rise in demand for one course so the grade boundaries shoot up? :dontknow:

they won't increase the required grades from what they say they are for that year.. It might be worth applying for a bachelors course for one of them to get the ABB offer, you can usually trade up to the masters if you do well in the 1st year anyway :yep:
nope we can both be awesome crazy motor bike grannies i will help you dont fear crazy old super momma is here

:mmm: he is going to kill me if he sees that oh well i wonder if i sent him picie of victoria or venassa i could get away with :mmm:

Super momma :rofl:

bwaha :colone: Send him a picture of Susan Boyle or Ann Widdlecombe :colone:

Super momma :rofl:

bwaha :colone: Send him a picture of Susan Boyle or Ann Widdlecombe :colone:

:ahee:

it was supposed to be super goat momma but couldnt be bothered changing it:mmm:

how couldnt i think of those smexy ladies :ahee: i ll send them both they are so worth it :ahee:
I'm in my final year so yeah... :mmm: I just can't believe how quick its gone and that i'll never get to be a student again :emo: And then TSR is filled with students haha :zomg:

Well you can stay if you still feel at home! :h:

We all love you here! :h:

The ranbow rainbow joke will be timeless! :mmm:

That is true :colondollar:

Haha :wink:

That's fine by me... If you're going to be renting your own place...? Then I can suggest other areas :smile:

Meh, students :rolleyes:

:ahee: I think year 12/13+ is where it starts...

So true :lol: a year 7 came up on one of my threads... I was like :eek: just go and relax :rolleyes:

I plan to rent the place along with a couple of friends, in order to save money and have a better chance of a good night's sleep... :rolleyes:
Any suggestion is a good one, it saves me having to scour the whole of Cardiff! :biggrin:

Year 7?! :woo: What's wrong with them? Do they not realise their freedom? :fuhrer:

Original post by Stevo F
they won't increase the required grades from what they say they are for that year.. It might be worth applying for a bachelors course for one of them to get the ABB offer, you can usually trade up to the masters if you do well in the 1st year anyway :yep:

So do you think it's not worth applying for 4 courses, 2 Astrophysics and 2 Physics with Astrophysics? :hmmmm2:
I am planning to put a teaching course down too as a back-up...

Latest