The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes, predictions?
I've only just finished revision for Unit 4 of this exam. SOOOO SCREWED. Can anyone remember the timings for answering the questions???
Me aaahhhhhh! Think the timings are 50 mins for question A 1h10 mins for question B?! Literally the biggest exam ever it's horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by kpritchx
Me aaahhhhhh! Think the timings are 50 mins for question A 1h10 mins for question B?! Literally the biggest exam ever it's horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must be on the wrong exam board :tongue:

The timings are approximately 2 mins on a part a, 8 mins on a part b and 15 on a part c. Repeat three times.

I could have done this exam in Jan but I couldn't enter due to taking a half term out :frown: :frown: I'm terrified because of the crazy grade boundaries! It's probably going to be 52 or 53/60 for 90 UMS.

I predict for sect.5 we'll get Berlin for the 12marker or at worst Prague. Jan 2012 and June 2012 were both Cuba for the 12 marker and Jan 2013 was Prague so make your own decisions!
Reply 5
Does anyone know how many developed points you need to make for section B to get the 6 marks?

Don't really understand the mark scheme, "One mark within level per developed point."

Cheers
Reply 6
Original post by NorwichCityFC
Does anyone know how many developed points you need to make for section B to get the 6 marks?

Don't really understand the mark scheme, "One mark within level per developed point."

Cheers

You need three:smile:
Reply 7
Doing sections 3, 4 and 5 - I reckon the 12 markers will be on the Abyssinian crisis, the deterioration of the relationship between the USA and Soviet Union between 43-47 (ish) and the Berlin Crisis respectively.

How's everyone coping with revision? :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by laylarose
Doing sections 3, 4 and 5 - I reckon the 12 markers will be on the Abyssinian crisis, the deterioration of the relationship between the USA and Soviet Union between 43-47 (ish) and the Berlin Crisis respectively.

How's everyone coping with revision? :biggrin:

I personally think that it may be Prague again as we had Cuba for June 2011, Jan 2012, June 2012 and then Jan 2013 was Prague. I think we may not see a Berlin one because it's quite concise and it would be hard to mention 12 marks worth but then again with so long without one, are we due one??

Hmmm I'd like between 43 and 47 for sect. 4 cos of Truman :biggrin:

For section 6 has anyone got any ideas? I'm awful at Section 6!!
Reply 9
Hey guys,
You know for section 4, is it a must that we know about each satellite state and how they were taken under Soviet control?
Good luck all, doing some last minute revision on Sino-Soviet relations and the nature of detente... oh man, this is going to suck.
Reply 11
Hi, what would you talk about if it asked you to talk about the key features of the Carter Doctrine? Or would a question more likely be Carter's response to the Afghanistan Invasion in which you'd talk about the alliance with Israel and China etc?
Original post by curved
I personally think that it may be Prague again as we had Cuba for June 2011, Jan 2012, June 2012 and then Jan 2013 was Prague. I think we may not see a Berlin one because it's quite concise and it would be hard to mention 12 marks worth but then again with so long without one, are we due one??

Hmmm I'd like between 43 and 47 for sect. 4 cos of Truman :biggrin:

For section 6 has anyone got any ideas? I'm awful at Section 6!!

yeah there's loads of little things to remember for section 6, the main bits would be the soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Reagan becoming president and Gorbachev's change in policies causing USSR's collapse, then obviously how all that hanged relations...
don't know about previous questions so i'd be lieing if i said i could predict what's going to come up in the exam!
not sure if this is what you were after but hope it helped..? :smile:
if there was a question saying 'explain the key features of the opposition to soviet control of Czechoslovakia in the years 1960-68' what do you think would be the key points to include?

just want to make sure i have the right kind of idea :smile:
does anyone have the markscheme for the 2013 paper?
Reply 15
Hey, i was just wondering how many marks would you get if you write 2 fully developed points for the 6 marker. I sometimes do 2 points when practicing at school and my teacher mostly gives me 5 marks. Would I get 5 marks if i wrote 2 fully developed points in the exam.
cheers
Reply 16
Hey, can anyone give me some advise on linking for the 12 marker - I thought I knew how to do them but my teacher never gives me the marks.
Thanks - any advise will be appreciated :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by brainyblonde
if there was a question saying 'explain the key features of the opposition to soviet control of Czechoslovakia in the years 1960-68' what do you think would be the key points to include?

just want to make sure i have the right kind of idea :smile:

My History teacher said for 3 developed statements you could do: causes, event and effects.
So I would do:
1. Satellite state, repressive aspects and poor standards of living.
2. Features of the Prague Spring and Dubcek's reforms
3. Brezhnev's reaction e.g Brezhnev Docrine and invasion
Hope that helps

Do you have any advise on how to link for the 12 marker?
Reply 18
Just started the three crises :'( does anyone have any useful exam technique notes?
Original post by Ed4
My History teacher said for 3 developed statements you could do: causes, event and effects.
So I would do:
1. Satellite state, repressive aspects and poor standards of living.
2. Features of the Prague Spring and Dubcek's reforms
3. Brezhnev's reaction e.g Brezhnev Docrine and invasion
Hope that helps

Do you have any advise on how to link for the 12 marker?

Yes this does help, thankyou :biggrin:
What do you mean by 'how to link'...? if you mean on how to link each point together then i would do it chronologically so that you can just say things like 'as a result of this...' or 'however, later that year...'

Latest

Trending

Trending