The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StalkeR47
1) waves, 2) spring constant(Hooke's law), 3) young's modulus, 4) Work done and energy, 5) velocity and graph. I thing young modulus and diffraction grating is more likely to come. :smile:

Oh thanks! Do you know where i can find how to answer those type of questions? As in what to include.
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Oh thanks! Do you know where i can find how to answer those type of questions? As in what to include.

Well... You do not really need a structure to answer. My teacher told me to give 1 bullet point for 1 mark. Look at the mark scheme, the have answers as bullet points. :smile:
Reply 522
Original post by g.k.galloway
I guess I'm not 'most people' then :tongue:

The main issue for me is I have biology tomorrow and chemistry on tuesday so revision time for physics is hard to find!

same as me habe been cramming for bio and have completely forgotten about physics and prefer mechanics
Well... You do not really need a structure to answer. My teacher told me to give 1 bullet point for 1 mark. Look at the mark scheme, the have answers as bullet points. :smile:

I thought you weren't allowed to bullet point?
Oh wait. You're not allowed to bullet point when it says it's looking for QWC, right?
Thanks! So, how is physics going at the moment? How confident are you feeling? What is the minimum grade you are aiming for? For me it is an A. :smile:

It's going alright I think :smile:

I'm aiming for a B, coz that's the highest I'm realistically going to get now, not impossible for me to get an A, but not exactly realistic.

I got an A in unit 1, a high B in 3X, a C in 4, and I think 6X has gone alright :smile: I've resat 3X as my teacher told me to, no extra revision really with doing 6X too, but idk how well that went, felt it went better than the first time though :smile:

To get a B with no resits I need 111 UMS, and hopefully I've got at least 30 from 6X, otherwise I'd be well gutted with that one, like I say idk about 3X so I'm just gonna assume I did worse aha and that mark stays the same, and I can pick up 29 from unit 2, hoping to get at least 25. Leaving me with needing 56/120 on unit 5 for a B, which ill be gutted if I didn't get (or needing 116/120 for an A aha, which won't happen :tongue:)

I like the unit 2 paper, I think it's just the first time I did it it was one of my first a level exams and I just didnt put the effort into revision.

Sorry for my rambling :') how's everything going for you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought you weren't allowed to bullet point?

They want to access your written communication, so no you can't do bullet points.

But if you did, I think you'd only lose 1 mark
Oh wait. You're not allowed to bullet point when it says it's looking for QWC, right?

QWC? What is that?

No :smile: it always says on the mark scheme it has to be well structured continuous prose blah blah blah :smile:
QWC? What is that?

Quality of written communication :smile:
Original post by posthumus
They want to access your written communication, so no you can't do bullet points.

But if you did, I think you'd only lose 1 mark

You can do written communications with even a bullet point. My teacher told me to do a bit of intro at the start to tell the examiner what you are going to write about. Then, do bullet points. Just like in the mark scheme.:smile:
No :smile: it always says on the mark scheme it has to be well structured continuous prose blah blah blah :smile:

Is that all the time for a 6 mark? I thought usually it says after the question that the examiners are judging your QWC for a specific question
You can do written communications with even a bullet point. My teacher told me to do a bit of intro at the start to tell the examiner what you are going to write about. Then, do bullet points. Just like in the mark scheme.:smile:

My teacher recommended not to, but I mean if you can actually get away with that then I don't know what I've been doing all this time lol :tongue:

... I waste too much time on those 6 markers
Is that all the time for a 6 mark? I thought usually it says after the question that the examiners are judging your QWC for a specific question

It's the big question that's often experimental, it always says something to do with writing it logically and in order or something. I think all other questions are normal and you can use bullet points if you want :smile:
Original post by SortYourLife
It's going alright I think :smile:

I'm aiming for a B, coz that's the highest I'm realistically going to get now, not impossible for me to get an A, but not exactly realistic.

I got an A in unit 1, a high B in 3X, a C in 4, and I think 6X has gone alright :smile: I've resat 3X as my teacher told me to, no extra revision really with doing 6X too, but idk how well that went, felt it went better than the first time though :smile:

To get a B with no resits I need 111 UMS, and hopefully I've got at least 30 from 6X, otherwise I'd be well gutted with that one, like I say idk about 3X so I'm just gonna assume I did worse aha and that mark stays the same, and I can pick up 29 from unit 2, hoping to get at least 25. Leaving me with needing 56/120 on unit 5 for a B, which ill be gutted if I didn't get (or needing 116/120 for an A aha, which won't happen :tongue:)

I like the unit 2 paper, I think it's just the first time I did it it was one of my first a level exams and I just didnt put the effort into revision.

Sorry for my rambling :') how's everything going for you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me? LOL! Thanks for asking. Currently, I am revising ICT for tomorrow and helping people on this thread. :smile: I did really well with my mathematics exam but the mechanics did not went well. Unit 1 this year was an absolute a gift. But, the grade boundaries will be higher of course. So, This must be year 13 for you right? If yes, which university are you looking towards to go and which course? I would want to do aeronautical engineering if I get the grades. The requirements are AAA-AAB. :P
(edited 10 years ago)
It's the big question that's often experimental, it always says something to do with writing it logically and in order or something. I think all other questions are normal and you can use bullet points if you want :smile:

Oh, didn't know that. I thought you always had to use proper sentences for every question lol. Thanks though! You've just saved me a lot of time in that exam :smile:
Oh, didn't know that. I thought you always had to use proper sentences for every question lol. Thanks though! You've just saved me a lot of time in that exam :smile:

You can use bullet points because it is a physics exam. Not English HAHA. Anyways, Good luck to you!

I've always known you can but never actually done it...don't know why :smile: I might from now on, especially in biology tomorrow :smile:
You can use bullet points because it is a physics exam. Not English HAHA. Anyways, Good luck to you!

Makes sense lol. Thanks and good luck to you too! I know I'm gonna need it lol..
I've always known you can but never actually done it...don't know why :smile: I might from now on, especially in biology tomorrow :smile:

Don't do biology but good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending