The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What happens after the tissue fluid has gone to the respiring cells?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bad_moose
Sorry, you're obviously all really busy. But...
In relation to this question:
Describe how tissue fluid is formed and how it is returned to the circulatory system

What does the mark scheme mean by 'correct reference to lymph'? Does it just need me to say that excess tissue fluid is put back into circulation by the lymphatic system?

Just a mention that the lymph system returns tissue fluid /water back to the blood. It's a very small part of the spec

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is everyone feeling about it? :smile:
Reply 2503
has anyone got the june 13 paper :wink:
Original post by ibmb24
does anyone have a mnemonic for learning the taxonomy groups

king
prawn
curry
or
fat
greasy
sausages
Original post by MintCrepz
Anyone thinking that Meselson-Stahl could come up?

If Meselsohn-Stahl comes up, I don't think it will be too complicated. I think they'll just want us to be able to explain the result observed and have an understanding on how semi conservative replication leads to this
Original post by Jaydude
Fish:

Lamella have large surface area or large SA:VR? Thanks!

Many lamellae provide a large surface area for gas diffusion. Sa:vr is more about surface of an animals body

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Aren't mineral ions transported by osmosis? The solution in the soil has a high water potential and the the root hair cells have a low water potential because they contain minerals, glucose,protein etc. So don't the mineral ions move into the root cells by osmosis? :smile:

I always thought mineral ions were actively transported into the cell to create a water potential gradient which allows water to enter the cell via osmosis... D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do we convert from mm to micrometres? or from cm to micrometres?
Original post by Tee Logan x

Mm to μ\mum you ÷ by 1000\div \ by \ 1000. Cm to μ\mum you ÷ by 10,000\div \ by \ 10,000
Reply 2510

cm -> micrometers = x10,000, so 1cm = 10,000 micrometers
mm-> micrometers = x1000, so 1mm = 1000 micrometers

From mm to micrometer is 10 to the power of 3.

From cm to micrometers is 10 to the power of 4.
Does 4 daughter cells in meiosis undergo mitosis afterwards (probably a silly question but I'm confusing myself?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think I've done all teh past papers I can. I'm so scared though. I've going to through the textbook for 1.5 hrs then call it a night!
Officially accepted failure haha
Original post by HannahC1996
I always thought mineral ions were actively transported into the cell to create a water potential gradient which allows water to enter the cell via osmosis... D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't that what the endodermal cells do? They transport salts into the xylem and this lowers the water potential and water moves into the xylem by osmosis.

From the soil to the root hair cells, its osmosis. :smile:
Reply 2516

1MM = 1000um
Original post by Swizzle13
Does 4 daughter cells in meiosis undergo mitosis afterwards (probably a silly question but I'm confusing myself?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 diploid cell to 2 diploid cells, then those 2 diploid cels to 4 haploid cells(daughter cells). Then it stops.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
How is everyone feeling about it? :smile:

Peeing myself.
Can someone just remind in terms of DNA, which bases have 3 hydrogen bonds and which bases have a singular ring structure?

Latest

Trending

Trending