The Student Room Group

A2 Economics - F585 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by ChoccyWoccy

I just think there's little scope for analysis in an essay like that.

I agree, i really hope it doesn't come up lol
Quick question: What's difference between Maastricht Criteria and Growth & Stability Pact?

I thought it was just that Maastricht Criteria includes monetary convergence rules whereas G&SP is just a limit on government debt/deficit? Is that correct..?
AND does anyone have tips for evaluation/conclusions??
Reply 423
Original post by Sarangtaec
Quick question: What's difference between Maastricht Criteria and Growth & Stability Pact?

I thought it was just that Maastricht Criteria includes monetary convergence rules whereas G&SP is just a limit on government debt/deficit? Is that correct..?

The S&G pact is only the bit about the limit on government debt and budget deficit, whereas the Maastricht treaty is everything about inflation and interest rates as well.

The S&G pact is a part of the treaty.
Reply 424
Original post by Sarangtaec

growth and stability pact is part of the maastricht convergence criteria
Original post by mrsmeagol
how does high rates of economic growth help SUSTAINABLE development

Good question! Are they likely to ask how they can help one another though, its more about the conflict between the two. Or am I wrong in that? :confused:

Of the top of my head I suppose Welfare of Estonia 21 could be helped by economic growth by providing people with jobs, there increasing their standards of living, which also helps a cohesive society? or that could be total crap.
Reply 426
Original post by paramountor
If any one has any good, solid essay plans, such as:
"Discuss the extent to which sustainable development indicators are useful for measuring development in Estonia"
I can send you my essay "Discuss whether Estonia is likely to achieve sustainable development in the future" for which I got 20/20.

Thanks

I do.. What is your email and I can send you mine
Reply 427
Original post by kellis94

Could you please email me it too? My email is [email protected]

What is the definition of economic integration and what kind of unions are the EU and the EuroZone, are the custom and monetary?
Original post by kellis94

if possible could you email it to me as well [email protected]
Looking through the attachments and comments on this thread, I've noticed a lot of talk of this Lorenz Curve. Now I was never talked about it, but ive googled it and it seems quite helpful. How likely do you think it'll be needed? Thanks
Do we need to know the 10 policy recommendations of the Washington Consensus? or are the main headings enough?
Original post by Gilchrist_Compass
Looking through the attachments and comments on this thread, I've noticed a lot of talk of this Lorenz Curve. Now I was never talked about it, but ive googled it and it seems quite helpful. How likely do you think it'll be needed? Thanks

Very likely, since as the 20 marker is going to be on sustainable development, you're probably going to have to talk about a cohesive society, and with that comes income inequality ego the lorenz curve.
Original post by Gilchrist_Compass

I never learnt it because I did transport economics and I don't think it really matters much tbh :smile:
Reply 434
Original post by Markg125
Good question! Are they likely to ask how they can help one another though, its more about the conflict between the two. Or am I wrong in that? :confused:

Of the top of my head I suppose Welfare of Estonia 21 could be helped by economic growth by providing people with jobs, there increasing their standards of living, which also helps a cohesive society? or that could be total crap.

yeah, its probably more about the conflict between them but there was a question which asked 'discuss the extent to which high rates of growth leads to sustainable development' i knew how it could lead to development, but wasn't sure on sustainable development.

& yeah it makes sense, growh leading to higher standards of living - would be able to afford better healthcare as they are terrible in terms of productivity and health - it may improve social/human capital (they should be preserved for future generations which is sustainability)
^ Kuznet's Curve is worth taking a look at as well!
Reply 436
Original post by KaranbirBandesha
Do we need to know the 10 policy recommendations of the Washington Consensus? or are the main headings enough?

never heard of that lol
Original post by mrsmeagol
never heard of that lol

Its part of the policies to promote economics development, you know part of the import substitution, export promotion, international aid and the Washington consensus
Reply 438
Original post by Markg125
What is the definition of economic integration and what kind of unions are the EU and the EuroZone, are the custom and monetary?

the eurozone is an economic and monetary union

not sure about the EU, don't think its a union
Reply 439
Original post by KaranbirBandesha
Its part of the policies to promote economics development, you know part of the import substitution, export promotion, international aid and the Washington consensus

i've never come across import substitution and export promotion :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending