The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thebest786
So light causes stomata to open, the heat heats up the water, the water gains K.E and evaporates? Seen marks given in the mark scheme for the K.E part :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Link me to the mark scheme. I have only seen temeperature linked to kinetic energy.
Reply 2781
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
:redface:

Are you sitting Chem2 on Tuesday? :smile:

Yepp so I have to go through this stress all again tomorrow, wby?
Original post by EmilyC96
We got taught
Keep
Penis'
Clean
Or
Forget
Good
Sex
!!

Or you can remember a more cleaner one. :tongue:

Katie
Perry
Cries
Over
Forgetting
Gangnam
Style.
Original post by LiamDaly
Please how would you answer 6 mark question how does meiosis lead to genetic diversity?

Posted from TSR Mobilehh

Crossing over due to exchange of homologous portions , independent segregation so not always the same division , random fusion of gametes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ajv1000
What is blood plasma?

the stuff in the capillary(large proteins, glucose, small molecules etc)
the stuff outside of the capillary is the tissue fliud when its forced out by a high hydrostatic pressure through the gaps in the capillary
Original post by _iiGEO
hey there i was just doing the 2010 paper.. so you know the equation:
mag=size of image/ size of object

when you measure the size of image x-y using your ruler in cm, convert it into um by x10000 then for the size of object use the 20um provided and divide that by size of image e.g

mag= 4.9cm x 10000 / 20
= 2450um

and the answer is anything between 2350 - 2500... hope ive helped!! :biggrin:D

I converted the cm and the um into meter, (x10^-2cm) and (x10-6um) but when i measure from X to Y I get 2.2cm, am i measuring it wrong or my ruler is trolling me :biggrin:.

(4.9 x 10^-2) / ( 20 x 10^-6) = x2450

so my units are right but my measurment of the image is not right..
Original post by Manni
Yepp so I have to go through this stress all again tomorrow, wby?

Same! And then I have physics on Wed, lucky me! :s-smilie:

Chem1 was hard, I felt it didn't follow the spec.
Original post by EmilyC96
We got taught
Keep
Penis'
Clean
Or
Forget
Good
Sex
!!

well, they do say "Kinky People Can Often Find Good Sex" :wink:
Right so when talking about circulatory system of a mammal do we talk about:
Small surface area to volume ratio
arteries, veins, capillaries, arterioles
hepatic veins and arterys
renal vein and artery
is this right ???!!!
Original post by iLoveMyCatsx
Can someone summarize gas exchange in insects?

Yes, insects have air filled pipes called trachea for gas exchange. Air moves into the trachea through pores on the surface called spiracles. Then oxygen travels down the diffusion gradient towards the cells. The trachea branch of into smaller tracheoles which go to individual cells and have thin permeable walls so gas (oxygen and co2) can be exchanged quickly!

Hope this makes sense :smile:
what is the lymphatic system and how does it lnk in with tissue fluid and the circulatory system?
Reply 2791
Original post by anonymousecheese
what is the lymphatic system and how does it lnk in with tissue fluid and the circulatory system?

Tissue fluid returns via the lymphatic system
Reply 2792
in the jan 13 paper
9b

about standard deviation
the answer is
differences are real/significant
as bars do not overlap

what do we need to know about standard deviation and mean
what does the overlap / sinfigicance mean??
thanks
Reply 2793
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Same! And then I have physics on Wed, lucky me! :s-smilie:

Chem1 was hard, I felt it didn't follow the spec.

True Asian with the three sciences :')

I've got psychology on Wednesday as well, can't wait to get this all out of the way though?

mmm the calculation questions out me off!
Anyone got a list of 5/6 mark questions?
Any predictions?
For Meiosis - crossing over (of equivalent portions of chromotids) that's in M1, but when does Independant segregation occur, is than in m2? Also what is independant segregation is it just that chromotids go on into different gametes producing variation?

excess tissue fluid drains into the lymphatic system which eventually brings it all the way back round into the circulatory system.

:-)
Original post by sophie15
Sorry if this has already been asked but has anyone got the January 2013 paper pleaseeeee?

File is too big says tsr, give me your email i can email you the paper and mark scheme or just google biol2 january 2013 thats how i found it:smile:

Basically drains off excess tissues fluid! as outside of the capillary the cells cannot hold much tissues fluid so it gets drained off by the lymph nodes. That is all you need to know about it.
does anyone have the january 2013 mark scheme please, i'm desperate!
Reply 2799
Can someone explain meiosis, independent assortment, crossing over and mitosis and cell cycle please?