The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boumavilla
I plan to rent the place along with a couple of friends, in order to save money and have a better chance of a good night's sleep... :rolleyes:
Any suggestion is a good one, it saves me having to scour the whole of Cardiff! :biggrin:

Year 7?! :woo: What's wrong with them? Do they not realise their freedom? :fuhrer:

Right... Transport wise, you really don't want to be far out (like me :colonhash:)

Now, students who rent... They're all in Cathays. I'd say look in Cathays... How far would you be willing to travel? If you're lectures are at the place where I did my work experience, it'll be right next to city centre... And yeah...

I know, it's disgusting! :lol: year bloody 7
Well you can stay if you still feel at home! :h:

We all love you here! :h:

The ranbow rainbow joke will be timeless! :mmm:

I plan to rent the place along with a couple of friends, in order to save money and have a better chance of a good night's sleep... :rolleyes:
Any suggestion is a good one, it saves me having to scour the whole of Cardiff! :biggrin:

Year 7?! :woo: What's wrong with them? Do they not realise their freedom? :fuhrer:

So do you think it's not worth applying for 4 courses, 2 Astrophysics and 2 Physics with Astrophysics? :hmmmm2:
I am planning to put a teaching course down too as a back-up...

Thanks! :ahee: :hugs: Lol I don't think i'll ever live that down, it will be the biggest spelling error of my life :lol:

So do you think it's not worth applying for 4 courses, 2 Astrophysics and 2 Physics with Astrophysics? :hmmmm2:
I am planning to put a teaching course down too as a back-up...

So assuming you have 4 choices for physics type courses, I'd apply for 2 with AAB requirements and then either 2 ABBs or an ABB and a BBB (depending on how confident you are of getting the grades) At the end of the day, if you get all your offers (which you probably will tbh) there's no point in putting 2 choices down with the same grades...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Right... Transport wise, you really don't want to be far out (like me :colonhash:)

Now, students who rent... They're all in Cathays. I'd say look in Cathays... How far would you be willing to travel? If you're lectures are at the place where I did my work experience, it'll be right next to city centre... And yeah...

I know, it's disgusting! :lol: year bloody 7

Cathays...duly noted. :holmes:

I don't mind, perhaps taking the train would be my preference. :yep:

I hope Cardiff can stay in the Premier League btw, it would be an away game for me to watch Villa! :mmm:

Original post by ranbow99
Thanks! :ahee: :hugs: Lol I don't think i'll ever live that down, it will be the biggest spelling error of my life :lol:

At least you'll never forget again. :yep:

I would've said request to a mod for it to be changed, but then the name would lack personality. :mmm:

Original post by Stevo F
So assuming you have 4 choices for physics type courses, I'd apply for 2 with AAB requirements and then either 2 ABBs or an ABB and a BBB (depending on how confident you are of getting the grades) At the end of the day, if you get all your offers (which you probably will tbh) there's no point in putting 2 choices down with the same grades...

Good idea. :holmes:

I think if I work my ass off I can achieve AAB, a B in one of my languages (whichever I carry on), seeing as they're soooo difficult at A-level.
Cathays...duly noted. :holmes:

I don't mind, perhaps taking the train would be my preference. :yep:

I hope Cardiff can stay in the Premier League btw, it would be an away game for me to watch Villa! :mmm:

:yep:

Hmmm... Trains aren't Cardiff's best method of transport... Although if you want to take a train I'd suggest looking near Cathays train station. But to be perfectly honest, if you're there, you might as well walk to your lectures... (I could show you the route one day :teehee:) it's actually not far at all.

Google maps will be a friend to you, if you ever have a specific area question, I'll try and help.

Stay away from:
Llanedyrn/Llanishen/Pontprennau (my area)/Pentwyn/Ely/Grangetown

They're just too far away and some are nasty :lol: cathays is literally your best bet

It would! Wanna watch Arsenal there too :h:

At least you'll never forget again. :yep:

I would've said request to a mod for it to be changed, but then the name would lack personality. :mmm:

true :yep:

I once did ages ago when I hated it, but they said I couldn't change it :no: Tbh I quite like it now :colondollar:

This thread is missing ipoop :sad: Maybe if we say his name 3 times he'll come back :ahee:

ipoop ipoop ipoop :holmes:
yeah maybe

mr shizzle mr shizzle mr shizzle

can someone intergrate this for me 3u^2+3/2U the mark scheme is giving me a complete different answer i dont know if i cant do this then whats the point of living kill me now :sad:
Original post by Converse girl
yeah maybe

mr shizzle mr shizzle mr shizzle

can someone intergrate this for me 3u^2+3/2U the mark scheme is giving me a complete different answer i dont know if i cant do this then whats the point of living kill me now :sad:

(3u^2 + 3)/2u du

What's the original equation? (I'm guessing it is substitution?

Wait...

Splitting gives you

3u^2/2u + 3/2u du

I'll edit.an.answer now

3u22udu+32udu3u2du+32udu\int\frac{3u^2}{2u} du + \int\frac{3}{2u} du \equiv \int\frac{3u}{2} du + \int\frac{3}{2u} du

I get:

3u^2/4 + 3/2 ln|u|
(edited 10 years ago)
(3u^2 + 3)/2u du

What's the original equation? (I'm guessing it is substitution?

Wait...

Splitting gives you

3u^2/2u + 3/2u du

I'll edit.an.answer now

3u22udu+32udu3u2du+32udu\int\frac{3u^2}{2u} du + \int\frac{3}{2u} du \equiv \int\frac{3u}{2} du + \int\frac{3}{2u} du

I get:

3u^2/4 + 3/2 ln|u|

i wrote the question wrong sorry

and i shoul,d have given the whole question give me a sec
i wrote the question wrong sorry

and i shoul,d have given the whole question give me a sec

Haha okay
Sorry I took long waiting for my phone to charge up :mmm:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370209471.196174.jpg

You should be integrating

3u^2/2 + 3u/2

Not

3u^2 + 3u/2
you add one to the power and divide by new power doesnt that give you U^3?

i am doomed i seriously am :facepalm: i cant intergrate i am either losing i am just too stupid to think.....i think the latter one

thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
i give up :rant: i really am
Oh man I can't look at this thread right now, it's making me even more sad :emo:

:hugs:

There are non-students on here, for a variety of reasons. If you still enjoy posting, then there's no reason to stop.

And being early twenties and just out of uni doesn't make you old anyway.

i give up :rant: i really am

:hugs:
:yep:

Hmmm... Trains aren't Cardiff's best method of transport... Although if you want to take a train I'd suggest looking near Cathays train station. But to be perfectly honest, if you're there, you might as well walk to your lectures... (I could show you the route one day :teehee:) it's actually not far at all.

Google maps will be a friend to you, if you ever have a specific area question, I'll try and help.

Stay away from:
Llanedyrn/Llanishen/Pontprennau (my area)/Pentwyn/Ely/Grangetown

They're just too far away and some are nasty :lol: cathays is literally your best bet

It would! Wanna watch Arsenal there too :h:

I was thinking it would be quite far! :mmm: That would be exciting though. :h:

I hope I don't forget those, they sound like innocent Welsh villages too! :zomg:

true :yep:

I once did ages ago when I hated it, but they said I couldn't change it :no: Tbh I quite like it now :colondollar:

This thread is missing ipoop :sad: Maybe if we say his name 3 times he'll come back :ahee:

ipoop ipoop ipoop :holmes:

Eh? :lolwut: What do the mods care about changing your name? :hmmmm2:

We need poopy, I miss his stories... :sad:
probably didnt have to be stuffed in their sisters cupboard after getting kicked out off their own bed
^ Why were you stuffed in a cupboard?? :lolwut:

You have beautiful handwriting :puppyeyes:
Original post by beeninetytwo
You have beautiful handwriting :puppyeyes:

Beeeee! :h:

How's you? You've not been on for aaaaaages :sad:

Latest