Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Feel like I've let myself and everyone down

Spoiler

I know its not a good path to take. I'm so annoyed at myself .. yet there's a part of my brain thats satisfied. Ugh :'(
Reply 2021
So im still like all alive and ****. I'm sorry. People are involved in me again. They're all worried and even though they’re paid to worry they are still people and my care coordinator keeps welling up whenever i tell her something and twice she has actual cried and ****. She says she thinks im really strong and one of the bravest people she has worked with and **** she is so wrong but she thinks she actually cares and im just going to upset her even more :cry2: :cry2:
Original post by Sultana
So im still like all alive and ****. I'm sorry. People are involved in me again. They're all worried and even though they’re paid to worry they are still people and my care coordinator keeps welling up whenever i tell her something and twice she has actual cried and ****. She says she thinks im really strong and one of the bravest people she has worked with and **** she is so wrong but she thinks she actually cares and im just going to upset her even more :cry2: :cry2:

:jumphug: Good to see you around again - you've got nothing to apologise for! I know what you mean about not wanting people who are supposed to worry to worry. Don't worry about upsetting her - I know it's really hard not to, but as you say, it is what she's there for, and I'm pleased you are able to tell her what seems like pretty major stuff. Am on Skype if you want to talk.
Original post by ANONYM00SE
:hugs: come on you know deep down none of this **** is your fault. You can't control what other people do :hugs: huggggg

Whesht.. it is really. Yeah I can't control other people's actions but can control the situation and the environment surrounding it all..
Original post by -FireFlies-
Whesht.. it is really. Yeah I can't control other people's actions but can control the situation and the environment surrounding it all..

Nope you can't :tongue: anything can happen anywhere.. unless you have psychic powers its not your fault :wink: :hugs: plus I said so, so it's definitely not your fault :tongue: can't argue with that :tongue:
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Nope you can't :tongue: anything can happen anywhere.. unless you have psychic powers its not your fault :wink: :hugs: plus I said so, so it's definitely not your fault :tongue: can't argue with that :tongue:

Still is my fault for getting myself into this mess :tongue: maybe I do have psychic powers :ninja: Hahaha :L

Spoiler

Reply 2026
Original post by Sultana

Just wanted to say I'm really relieved to see a post from you, and to hear that you have people taking an interest in your care. She is right, and I would agree that you are one of the bravest people that I have not-met. Also, I'm not sure if you're still at the same address as before, but I have something to send you so PM me if it's changed (and you don't mind me knowing it ofc :tongue:).

Original post by Anonymous
:jumphug: When's your exam? Take a break for a bit and give yourself some space from the revision - panicking about it isn't going to be conducive to anything. Chill out, watch a Charlotte-centric episode of 'Private Practice' (I suggest one of the season 6 ones) and then try again. You do know stuff for this exam I'm sure, but I suspect panicking that you don't is probably making it harder to focus. I'm on Skype if you want to talk. :smile:

The exam is on Tuesday afternoon, so I have tomorrow. I'm not even really panicking... It's more that I know I don't know anything but still working isn't making it go in, if that makes sense. I'm not on Skype atm as not really feeling up to conversation, but thanks for the offer. Will likely be around later.

----

I don't deserve people (in real life) being so nice to me and supportive and stuff. :cry2: Feeling so conflicted and grateful and angry and sad and I hate myself and everyone else except people keep being lovely. Am so angry with myself that I keep being me at people, when they could have nice me-less lives and it would be so so much better.
Original post by asdfgah
The exam is on Tuesday afternoon, so I have tomorrow. I'm not even really panicking... It's more that I know I don't know anything but still working isn't making it go in, if that makes sense. I'm not on Skype atm as not really feeling up to conversation, but thanks for the offer. Will likely be around later.

----

I don't deserve people (in real life) being so nice to me and supportive and stuff. :cry2: Feeling so conflicted and grateful and angry and sad and I hate myself and everyone else except people keep being lovely. Am so angry with myself that I keep being me at people, when they could have nice me-less lives and it would be so so much better.

Yeah, that makes sense. Firstly, I have no doubt you know more than you think you do - I've been into many exams where I've felt like I don't know anything, but it does come back to you! Skype's decided you're special and put you between the online contacts and offline contacts rather than list you alphabetically in the offline friends. And I've just got back to the episode of 'House' where Cuddy and House get together. I thought you should know. :h:

Yes, you do deserve real-life people being nice to you! People like you and support you for a reason - they don't have to, they want to, and that's because you're a lovely person, and other people obviously recognise that, even if you can't see it.
Original post by asdfgah
Thanks. After **** happened with this person, I've had a ****load of support from friends at uni who are even more awesome than I thought they were. Now have a grand total of two people that are happy to sit with me during flashbacks and/or if I'm not doing too well depression-wise, which takes me back up to an almost healthy quota. :tongue: When I first saw the message from this person I was really upset because a) I thought it was my fault, and b) I thought other friends would side with her, but in reality neither of those things are true/have happened, so things are ok.

At the moment, I just have hospital appointments every three months and email contact inbetween. I might look into switching hospital clinics to the one close to uni (atm I go during the holidays) for more regular appointments.. I think they have a better reputation as well, so might work out all round. The big problem is though, I kind of know what I should be doing with regards to taking medications and adjusting dosages, I'm just not doing it right. I'm not even sure whether I'm not doing it for EDish reasons or lack of motivation or what.. It's not that clear to me. I just seem to have given up a bit on physical health. I've spoken to GPs and psychiatrist and therapist about it and they all seem to think it would be pretty unrealistic to be this ill mentally and still looking after myself physically, it just so happens that for most young people with depression physical neglect = erratic eating and poor sleep/self-care, but for me it's a bit more dangerous..

Hope you're doing alright. :smile:

Glad your other friends stuck by you, you're totally worth it. :smile:

Yeah more regular appointments might be an idea. :yy: Must be really tough on you - I often let my physical health go to pot when I'm feeling bad mentally, and that's without a prior existing physical condition. :s-smilie:

Spoiler

I'm alright - managed to write 600 out of 750 words of Spanish due in Monday which I'm pretty pleased about - it's easy stuff, but has required way more concentration than I thought I had in me. :colondollar:

Original post by octoberbaby
Cannot stop worrying today.
Got an exam on Tuesday I feel okayish about and then one of Thursday I am dreading.
I really need to do more revision for Tuesday but I have so much to do before Thursday. Lit exam that is closed book, studied two selections of poems that add up to about 50 poems and a play, all of which I need be able to quote confidently from, as well as critics quotes. I know the play super well and can quote that easily but with the poetry... One selection I am confidentish with but the other selection I can only even remember the names of about half the poems let alone what happens in them. I'm really freaking out because I just can't seem to learn these quotes and I'm so stressed about this exam and I just HAVE to do well so that I can escape from around here and all the triggers and all the memories and just go to uni. Just don't know what to do I've worked myself into such a state about it that there's barely any point trying. I will fail this exam if I go into it with one selection this poorly failed. I ****ing hate this I don't know what to do and I keep wanting to talk to mum about the possibility of me throwing this year and having to put off uni for a year but I've been putting it off because she's going to flip out at me and think I'm a failure and now I know I HAVE to talk to her because right now I am gonna fail this exam but I can't because she's on holiday and just **** **** ****. I am about to break under the pressure and I am about to lose control.

One thing I tried when trying to memorise a Russian oral exam was to record myself, then try and say each bit with the recording there to prompt me if I needed it. Might help if you try a different style of learning, as not everyone's suited to just reading things out of a book.

Good luck with both your exams. :hugs:

Original post by Team_McDreamy
havent posted in a while - somehow got logged out, and never got round to logging back in :colondollar:

EDish

Spoiler

Welcome back. :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by 05autyt
Feel like I've let myself and everyone down

Spoiler

I know its not a good path to take. I'm so annoyed at myself .. yet there's a part of my brain thats satisfied. Ugh :'(

Spoiler

Original post by Sultana

You are strong. :yes: However, you are not magically smarter than everyone and you cannot magically tell what people are feeling better than they can themselves. :tongue: If your coordinator thinks she cares then that's because she does care, as do the rest of us. You are an awesome person and you do thoroughly deserve all the people looking out for you. :jumphug:
Reply 2029

Spoiler

I dont feel like I'm ill though .. its like I cant accept it and I know I need to, in order to truly start beating this. I guess the diagnosis was a step in the right direction but I feel like I dont believe it.
Thank you for the support and thanks for the luck in the exam .. gonna need it :smile:!!
Reply 2030
First negative comment. Trying not to care. I will stay strong. I did this for a reason - to be the person I want to be. I am me. People can judge me and tell me I'm wrong, but it isn't their hair, it's mine, and I can do what I want with it.

Was this the best thing to do? Can I take negative comments? Am I ready for this? I'm worried now that I'm going to spend the whole night thinking about it and getting myself worked up.

Need to stay positive.
I love living here honest.. with a cherry on top and it's awesome.

Is it heck :angry:.. can just hear them all arguing downstairs and I dunno what to do :cry2: I want to go and stop them but worried things will take a turn for the worse.. just need everyone to shut up and stop arguing about me! Just need them all to ****ing shut up!
Original post by HmMusic
First negative comment. Trying not to care. I will stay strong. I did this for a reason - to be the person I want to be. I am me. People can judge me and tell me I'm wrong, but it isn't their hair, it's mine, and I can do what I want with it.

Was this the best thing to do? Can I take negative comments? Am I ready for this? I'm worried now that I'm going to spend the whole night thinking about it and getting myself worked up.

Need to stay positive.

:jumphug: Your hair, your decision. Getting dreadlocks was absolutely the right thing for you to do - you wanted them, you've put the time into getting them done, and your earlier post suggested they've already been massively beneficial to your confidence - you were definitely ready. You definitely need to stay positive about it, but that's easier said than done I know. Try not to let other people get you down about it though. :hugs: :console:

One thing I tried when trying to memorise a Russian oral exam was to record myself, then try and say each bit with the recording there to prompt me if I needed it. Might help if you try a different style of learning, as not everyone's suited to just reading things out of a book.
Good luck with both your exams. :hugs:

I am actually going to try this because it's a brilliant idea + exactly what I did for GCSE when I had to memorise sections of German.
I just wish my memory was better. I need an A in this exam to get into the uni I want to, and I've been doing that with the texts, I just can't memorise the quotes to write about xD. I will try this though & I think it will help, so thank you so much! :hugs:
Reply 2034
x

My exam could have been much worse, thanks for asking :smile:
And now for summerrrrr :biggrin:
:hugs:

I'm alright - managed to write 600 out of 750 words of Spanish due in Monday which I'm pretty pleased about - it's easy stuff, but has required way more concentration than I thought I had in me. :colondollar:

Let me know if you need anyone to look over it
Reply 2036
I fail at being a human being. Losing my grip
Reply 2037
Original post by 08batee
I fail at being a human being. Losing my grip

No you don't :frown: youre amazing and everyone on this thread loves you! Stay safe x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
Hopefully this is going to make me feel more confident about myself. Step one is looking how I want to look. I really hope that helps me feel how I want to feel!

DSCF0146.JPG

Right now I'm feeling good, although a bit anxious about the rubber bands. I have heard horror stories about rubber bands, about them melting into hair etc. I'm keeping them in until I need to wash my hair again (washed this morning so won't be for a couple of days at least) and if my dreads don't fall out I'll take the bands out.

Ahhhh so jealous, you look amazing! I really want dreads but I've got a mohawk at the moment so I need the sides to grow out first really. Ignore the negative comments, people are always rude for no reason. If it makes you happy, stand by it! You look great so you deserve to feel great. :hugs:

-----

So up and down at the moment, feeling the happiest I've been in ages but at the same time I'm having more and more compulsions. I don't know if I'm just recognising them more as being compulsions, or if they're genuinely getting more frequent, but either way it's not so good.

Also getting really annoyed at people chucking the phrase 'OCD' around. There's a brand called 'Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics' - how is this okay?! And at work I keep getting customers saying that they're 'so OCD' because they like levelling up their characters or completing all their games and things and it's enough to make me just want to cry. I was so scared about working last week because at the moment one of my main compulsions is (spoilered in case it triggers anyone / adds yet another routine into anyone's day :frown: )

Spoiler

and it's so humiliating because I'm sure people notice, especially at work, and my hands are so raw from doing it and I'm sure it's obvious. It just really upsets me that it's not taken seriously, is this just me? :frown:
Original post by 05autyt
I dont feel like I'm ill though .. its like I cant accept it and I know I need to, in order to truly start beating this. I guess the diagnosis was a step in the right direction but I feel like I dont believe it.
Thank you for the support and thanks for the luck in the exam .. gonna need it :smile:!!

Hmm, maybe try speaking to other people with a similar diagnosis? I know talking to other people with depression helped me accept what I was going through more.

Glad to be here for you. :smile:

Original post by octoberbaby
I am actually going to try this because it's a brilliant idea + exactly what I did for GCSE when I had to memorise sections of German.
I just wish my memory was better. I need an A in this exam to get into the uni I want to, and I've been doing that with the texts, I just can't memorise the quotes to write about xD. I will try this though & I think it will help, so thank you so much! :hugs:

Woo, I did a helpful thing! :woo:

:tongue:

Original post by Riku
My exam could have been much worse, thanks for asking :smile:
And now for summerrrrr :biggrin:
:hugs:

Glad to hear it. :yy: And I hope you have a great summer!

Original post by sunfowers01
Let me know if you need anyone to look over it

Ooh thanks. :smile: It's due in tomorrow at five, so if it's ok I'll PM you what I've got so far (all bar the conclusion) tonight or tomorrow morning. It's total bull**** but will hopefully get me a passable mark. :tongue:

Latest